Goodbye Jesus

Deliver Us From God

RHEMtron

i grew up reciting the "our father" prayer every sunday. one line sticks out- "and lead us not into temptation". god doesnt lead us into temptation, but "delivers us from evil". we often hear that temptation comes from satan. it's his fault.

a question often asked is why would god put the tree of knowledge in the garden, knowing that man would sin. pastors, minister, and priests always say, "because of free will".

so who is really responsible for tempation? god or satan?

As for a real god, I couldn't say.

As for the storybook god you refer to....namely Biblegod, obviously Biblegod is responsible for sin. Biblegod created everything according to that particular fairytale. The garden, the tree, the fruit, the people, even Talking Snake. He also created the CAPACITY for sin......if people didn't already have the capacity for sin, then munching the fruit wouldn't have done a damn thing.

And the very idea that the creations should or would be held responsible for sin that was created by Biblegod.......totally stupid and illogical.

God created everything....God knew we'd "sin".....It's our fault.....*Brain explodes* :Wendywhatever:

a question often asked is why would god put the tree of knowledge in the garden, knowing that man would sin. pastors, minister, and priests always say, "because of free will".

...because God wanted to send us to Hell, I guess. He knew just what would tempt us and just how many of us would succumb. He was therefore able to cause most of us to send ourselves via our own free will without even conducting a focus group or test marketing plan.

exactly... that's why i always shake my head when xtians say satan tempted adam and eve. it was god! there is even any scriptural support that states the snake was even satan.

...because God wanted to send us to Hell, I guess. He knew just what would tempt us and just how many of us would succumb. He was therefore able to cause most of us to send ourselves via our own free will without even conducting a focus group or test marketing plan.

hahahahaha focus group... test marketing plan :lmao: good one.

Well, on the one hand, in James, It says that God does not tempt anyone, but that all men are tempted when they are drawn after their own lusts. Even though He is the one who gave men a heart to lust. Jesus' Statement "and lead us not into temptation" seems to imply that God sometimes does lead into temptation. In another place it talks about how that if God put up obstacles in your path, and your forsake Him, He will reject thee forever. If putting obstacles up in someone's spiritual path is not tempting them, then what is? Oh, but the devil gets the blame for that, not God. All things good, He gets the praise for; but all things evil, He blames on the devil, even though He created the devil. But, then to yet add another twist in another place He says that He created the tempter and evil. "I created the waster to destroy," The Lord Said. The Book of Enoch says clearly and without dispute that God tests His saints frequently.

Don't forget that Jesus was led by the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted by the devil...

So the Spirit does lead people into temptation

Hehe

:Doh: Theological insight. Satan is the name of God's asshole. I don't know why I didn't see that before. It's perfect. When God shits on you it, the shit comes from Satan.

quote: Why could not God have simply spoken sin out of existance?

He could have done this, if He had ordained it so before the ages were, when He created the spiritual and physical laws that govern the universe into existance. Instead, people might not feel as indebted to Him for eternity. Instead, He willed to send Christ to die, as "greater love hath no man shown, than that he lay down his life for the brethren," so that all people would be indebted to Him forever. And so that none can think in eternity that he is alive because he is worthy based on his being human. Instead, all people will say "I'm a dirty person worthy of death, but I live by the Grace of God given by His Blood." You see? God created the wound so that He could create the cure. If all had been born cured, then He would not been as thanked. It's kind of like He creates the darkness so that He can then been as the Light. He lets there be death and disease in this world that in the age to come, when He dwells with men and there will be no more death and disease, He will be seen as the healer.....that before when He was not among all men, there was death and sickness. But afterwards, when He comes, with Him comes healing unto all people.

God created all things for Himself, to do whatever He wants. It doesn't have to make sense to us.

Instead, He willed to send Christ to die, as "greater love hath no man shown, than that he lay down his life for the brethren," so that all people would be indebted to Him forever.

real integrity is doing something good for someone without them knowing it.

Instead, all people will say "I'm a dirty person worthy of death, but I live by the Grace of God given by His Blood."

speak for yourself! im not dirty... only during sex :grin: you wouldnt repeatedly call your child stupid. you wouldnt constantly tell them theyre not good enough. never should anyone tell their children that they are born naturally bad. so why would you believe paul when he says we're born sinners? he must have had abusive parents...

God created the wound so that He could create the cure. If all had been born cured, then He would not been as thanked. It's kind of like He creates the darkness so that He can then been as the Light.

god is either a bio-terrorist, or a corrupt pharmucetical company who manufactures disease so he can get money and fame for having the cure.

i grew up reciting the "our father" prayer every sunday. one line sticks out- "and lead us not into temptation". god doesnt lead us into temptation, but "delivers us from evil". we often hear that temptation comes from satan. it's his fault.

so who is really responsible for tempation? god or satan?

That is a little weird, isn't it. That crafty Jehovah. The only way to please him was/is with blind obedience. If Jehovah had granted Adam or Eve AN OUNCE of critical thinking skills, they'd have been better off. And now that we have critical thinking skills, we're condemned for all eternity for daring to use them.

Another related favorite of mine is the story of Saul--a real d**khead, granted, but I never could come to terms with the idea that a supposedly "loving" deity would actually *command* an evil spirit to torment someone. You know, the "evil spirit from God."