Goodbye Jesus

I Am Damned!

garrisonjj

Wow! After 48 years of being the good catholic I just stopped! Stopped going to church,stopped praying. Started to resent all the guilt . Blasphmed, sacraliged and guess what? I never felt fuckin better or more free in my life!!! All of you have helped me see the light! Keep suggesting good deconversion sites,,,my life continues to improve without the bullshit of religion. Have any of you felt such freedom after your deconversion!I am now at the point of throwing the finger at all organized religion!

Congrats, garrisonjj! Feels pretty good, doesn't it? :goodjob:

I wouldn't blame you at all for giving organized religion the boot - as Rev. Lovejoy said, they're all pretty much the same.

Plus, now you get to sleep in on Sundays! :woohoo:

Congrats, garrisonjj! Feels pretty good, doesn't it? :goodjob:

I wouldn't blame you at all for giving organized religion the boot - as Rev. Lovejoy said, they're all pretty much the same.

Plus, now you get to sleep in on Sundays! :woohoo:

I go to sheetz for gas and a sandwich and Wal Mart! I get more from Wal Mart than I ever did from FUCKIN church! LOL

Cool! :woohoo:

Cheers to you! Lets break out some Jose Cuervo!

Have any of you felt such freedom after your deconversion!

Yes, Yes, Yes and one thousand million times yes!!! :woohoo:

I literally felt a heavy weight falling of my chest. I'm on the wide road now, bro'! Easier to walk. The narrow row had to many pits. :grin:

Have any of you felt such freedom after your deconversion!

Yes, Yes, Yes and one thousand million times yes!!! :woohoo:

I literally felt a heavy weight falling of my chest. I'm on the wide road now, bro'! Easier to walk. The narrow row had to many pits. :grin:

and theres an assload of people on the narrow road, that doesnt help the metaphor :lmao:

Oh yes - I really felt like an immense weight was lifted from me when my deconversion was official. It felt so nice to realize I really could just make up my own religion, that I could really define my own morality, and that I really could use my own mind and actually not be doing evil. It was one of the most freeing experiences of my life.

I still feel like that, now. I remember the shackles I lived with as a Xian, the boxes I was made to fit into and the irritation I felt at such. I'm too independent, too individualistic - being made to march with the sheep doesn't work for a wolf ^..^

Now if you TRULY want to be damned, go read Matthew 12:31 and say it out loud...after that there's no going back.

At first, I did not feel the weight lifted off... however, once I got through the guilt trip that they place in your head... it was like, WOW! I can actually think for myself without anyone else doing it for me... WOW! NOW I know what it is like to have that weight off of me... so much for the yoke being light, huh?

Glad that you are feeling so free, it is a wonderful feeling!

Now if you TRULY want to be damned, go read Matthew 12:31 and say it out loud...after that there's no going back.
That's not true, JP. Acts 13-39 clears that one away. :HaHa:

I get more from Wal Mart than I ever did from FUCKIN church! LOL
You do know that Wal-Mart is a Fundy Owned™ organization, don't you? So, by going there, you're still aiding in the spread of the mind virus.

Just thought you should know.

Go to Target instead. :grin:

Glad to hear you're doing better, Gary.

As for your question, I do feel freer since deconverting- in some ways. In others, I'm not so sure. Guess that's just a sign that I need to keep seeking the truth.

I too was Catholic, and I too feel so much better without it.

For me, the greatest relief is the freedom to make wise choices and take care of myself. I can use common sense instead of blind faith, I can defend myself from harm instead of surrendering to "God's will."

Did you know that when the lightening rod was invented Christian leaders forbade their followers to use them? :twitch: At the time churches were more likely to be struck by lightening than any other buildings because of the tall steeples. And church bell ringers were more likely to die from lightening than anyone else because they had to go up to the steeple and ring that bell for the Angelus (6AM, noon, and 6PM) in any weather.

But using a lightening rod was considered a sinner's way to escape God's wrath, so they were forbidden for a century or so.

What foolishness! And it continues today in a thousand little ways. And some big ways, like forgiving (enabling) pedophile priests. It's a relief to be rid of it.

I was in a religous/spiritual no man's land for most of my life. At least you folks who were once devout Christains had someting. For most of my life I was this lost person who couldn't ever find religion or God. I tried so hard, so many times and failed. I felt that since I couldn't ever find this God so many have claimed exists, that I was doomed. I went through life being scared because I felt that for some reason this God didn't want a thing to do with me, that did so much for others. Then I stumbled onto this website and discovered that the reason I have never found God, is because he doesn't exist. My subconscious mind knew all along. I have never felt so free and unshackled in my life.

I've had the occasional struggle with my new paradigm where there probably isn't an afterlife and this life is all that there is, etc, however, I still have the wonderful feeling of freedom! :woohoo: