Goodbye Jesus

My New Job

Guest Emerson

Guest Emerson

yeah we had to do "role playing" in front of the training class at the "evil credit card company" and it wasn't fun doing it in front of others. everyone did it once and then we went on the phones. i'd suggest that you try interviewing at a credit card company, because the pay is higher than $9 dollars. during training they pay us the hourly rate which is 10.50 per hour. do your best, try to stick it out through training, don't give up and quit even though you may want to, okay? keep at it, and talk to other people there, try to learn from them. :)

Jesus-fucking-Christ, you are literally working for the devil, Emerson. I mean, I know you're over a barrel, but credit companies are about as evil as big tobacco. I would strongly urge you to find a new job ASAP. :nono:

Don't get me wrong - I know you have to take what you can get jobwise, but ye god. Trying to ensnare people further into debt to line corporate pockets...you're too nice a people to do that for long. Hope you find something else soon. :ugh:

Guest Emerson

Yeah I was talking to the other people at work and I am definitely having myself transferred to customer service in about a few months, we have to stay for a few months at our current position and then transfer over. They are sneaky. We offer this one service in one of our products, its like a protection service, and I'm trying to say as much without giving myself away ;)

Well one of the benefits is that we'll pay for the whole thing if you somehow are the target for it, but we can't tell the customers that the credit card company will pay for the whole thing. I think they only bring it up if you want to close your account. This job really blows, pretty much 98% of the people that we call are annoyed, irritated and angry. They hate hearing from us. I get yelled at on a constant basis, "do you know what time it is?" and "i'm watching my favorite tv program, don't call."

I do get some people that are nice but its just a couple. Most people are usually civil and then hang up, then some people put the phone down and you just hear this weird sound and they do it on purpose. Ugh. People are evil. I've actually heard stories of people who had friends working here and they said they were going to the bathroom and they just walk out, never to return again. That's why they hire on a monthly basis.

Even in customer service we have to sell them products but its a little better because they do sort of want to talk to you. But yeah its a very deceptive business, and I can't blame for people being leery. This probably won't help for business-wise, but I'm glad people are leery, people do need to be smart and suspicious of credit card companies.

oh and yeah people, if you're calling to have your card activated and then tell you "you're cards being activated, thank you for holding." and then go into a spiel of additional products that'll "help you", don't believe them and do stop them midway. It only takes 1 mouse click and like 1 or 2 seconds to activate it. And that's all. They don't need to keep you waiting 2 to 5 minutes. You can actually hang up once they start talking about any "additional offers" because that means they already clicked on the mouse and activated your card for you.