Goodbye Jesus

Interesting Saturday!

Angel

It all started when my husband and I decided to go to a couple of yard sales. We stopped at this one and found a few items that we wanted. As we were waiting to pay the lady who was running the show, she was talking to another woman who made a few remarks... " I hate christians...well, not all, but you know the kind. They are ALWAYS trying to save me. It is like this, I am happy with my life the way it is, so don't try to come in and control it by sticking your god in my face." I SO wanted to say something...cause I agree! lol But I did not want to be rude by jumping into a convo that I was not a part of, but could not help but over hear.

Then, my husband and I had to go to Walmart to get some things. While we were there, we ran into a christian that we know. (works with my husband) He is "one of those kind" like the woman at the yard sale spoke of. Anyway, call it a hunch if you will, I have always had the feeling that this person blames ME for my husband's deconversion. They used to have Jesus in common, now they have nothing in common and barely recognize each others' presence. Anyway, as he was walking by us, he waved to me and then started to hum while starring at me. I recognized the song.... The song goes like this...

"In the name of Jesus

In the name of Jesus

We have the victory...

In the name of Jesus

In the name of Jesus

Satan will have to flee...."

Well, I KNEW what he was getting at....just like I am sure you all know too. I knew I should have left my pet demon at home!!! LOL

I can seriously understand that woman at the yard sale. UGH!!! Some of them just make you want to slap them! My husband was pissed about it. I was at first, then I was like, well, it is the typical kind of christian that this guy is.

Like I said, an interesting day!!!

Oh well, not any worse than running into another christian we know. He wanted to borrow one of my dad's study bibles. It was called "The Jerusalem Bible". I told him that my dad was the last to use it and felt very awkward about loaning it out. (my dad LOVED that bible and I was not about to let him get his hooks into it) He then asked if he could come over and study it at my house... I was like, I dunno.. then he said, "Can I just come and visit it?" :Hmm: My husband finally told him to go to the library and look at one there. There are some scary ones out there! lol

Maybe he was hitting on you... That's strange.

And the "Satan will have to flee" is just too funny.

It all started when my husband and I decided to go to a couple of yard sales. We stopped at this one and found a few items that we wanted. As we were waiting to pay the lady who was running the show, she was talking to another woman who made a few remarks... " I hate christians...well, not all, but you know the kind. They are ALWAYS trying to save me. It is like this, I am happy with my life the way it is, so don't try to come in and control it by sticking your god in my face." I SO wanted to say something...cause I agree! lol But I did not want to be rude by jumping into a convo that I was not a part of, but could not help but over hear.

The backlash begins... :pureevil:

I admire you're ability to deal with peole like that. I usually open up my big fat mouth and get myself in trouble. ;)

....Well, I KNEW what he was getting at....just like I am sure you all know too. I knew I should have left my pet demon at home!!! LOL

I didn't know it was possible to have pet demons. ;) Where can you buy one and how much do they cost?

I suppose they're more expensive if they're pure bred. :grin:

Guest byrdlady22

I never had christians knocking at my door it was jahova witness so thats a sterotype. Thats like those people in the mall asking you to buy those cheap jewlery everyone is alway trying to sell something. All you have to do is say no. :Doh:

I never had christians knocking at my door it was jahova witness so thats a sterotype. Thats like those people in the mall asking you to buy those cheap jewlery everyone is alway trying to sell something. All you have to do is say no. :Doh:

Jehova Witnesses are Christians, so are Mormons and both go door to door regularly. Some other churches do as well although not as regularly. If someone knocking on your door, making you leave what you were doing to tell them no doesn't bother you, that's fine, some of us get irratated. Course I missed anyonhe talking about door to door visits in this thread.

Guest byrdlady22

She said people come to her asking her to turn into something else common sense. You sure get irratated easy.

She said people come to her asking her to turn into something else common sense. You sure get irratated easy.

You sure are critical. Think positive, byrdlady22!

I was not saying all christians are like this, for the record. Also, with some christians, they don't take no for an answer. Kind of like a telemarketer....tell me they are not irritating when they call you every chance they get about their product, when you have told them more than once that you are not interested. But I was not trying to say that all christians are like this, because they are not. I do know of some that keep their beliefs to themselves.

I admire you're ability to deal with peole like that. I usually open up my big fat mouth and get myself in trouble. ;)

....Well, I KNEW what he was getting at....just like I am sure you all know too. I knew I should have left my pet demon at home!!! LOL

I didn't know it was possible to have pet demons. ;) Where can you buy one and how much do they cost?

LOL Yeah, you don't want to get just any mut demon, you want to have the best kind! Especially ones that do not shead as much...don't want to get that hair all over the house.. LOLOL

What do you feed a pet demon and do they need shots? :lmao:

Byrdlady...for Christ's sake.

LOL

I have to agree. I hate when you overhear a great conversation and you just can't interrupt! UGH!

But I would have thrown caution to the wind and chimed in...lol.

And do you know where there are any pet demon breeders? I'd love to have one...although my family already thinks I'm possessed by several. :lmao:

LOL Yeah, you don't want to get just any mut demon, you want to have the best kind! Especially ones that do not shead as much...don't want to get that hair all over the house.. LOLOL

Yes, I can see the need to have the very best demon, but don't pure breeds have a high-strung temperament? I mean, we're talking demons here. :) A high-strung demon would have to be something else. :grin:

Yes, I can see the need to have the very best demon, but don't pure breeds have a high-strung temperament? I mean, we're talking demons here. :) A high-strung demon would have to be something else. :grin:

I recommend starting out with an imp, rather than a full-grown demon, especially for families with children. Make sure it's housebroken!

No joke: A few years ago, I had some fundie neighbors who wouldn't allow their kids to come to my house anymore after they found out I had two black cats. The parents thought the cats were my "familiars" (bad spirits that usually take the form of an animal and consort with witches to help in their evil deeds). And they didn't even have enough manners to ask, "Are you a good witch or a bad witch?" :HaHa:

I recommend starting out with an imp, rather than a full-grown demon, especially for families with children. Make sure it's housebroken!

No joke: A few years ago, I had some fundie neighbors who wouldn't allow their kids to come to my house anymore after they found out I had two black cats. The parents thought the cats were my "familiars" (bad spirits that usually take the form of an animal and consort with witches to help in their evil deeds). And they didn't even have enough manners to ask, "Are you a good witch or a bad witch?" :HaHa:

I have that beat. I have a beautiful black domestic longhaired cat name Persephone(bad enough that I named her after the Greek goddess of the underworld). To make a long story short my older brothers believe that the cat made me gay. I came out about my sexuality AFTER I got the cat, so they think it was her influence that made me come out. I almost laughed when my mom told me that, but it was serious...However, I now have a way of keeping some of my obnoxious relatives away from me.

I just keep Persephone on my lap at all times. I love her so... :grin:

I also have two gerbils(Sophocles and Shakespere)...I wonder if they are two impish spirits?

In the name of Jesus

In the name of Jesus

Satan will have to flee...."

So did you feel that Satan fled? If not, I guess it's not Satan afterall, or maybe the name of Jesus isn't as strong as they think...

I have that beat. I have a beautiful black domestic longhaired cat name Persephone(bad enough that I named her after the Greek goddess of the underworld). To make a long story short my older brothers believe that the cat made me gay. I came out about my sexuality AFTER I got the cat, so they think it was her influence that made me come out. I almost laughed when my mom told me that, but it was serious...However, I now have a way of keeping some of my obnoxious relatives away from me.

I just keep Persephone on my lap at all times. I love her so... :grin:

I also have two gerbils(Sophocles and Shakespere)...I wonder if they are two impish spirits?

Aww, just tell your brother he's all wrong because it's obvious that you love pussy. (Sorry, couldn't resist; imp made me say it :thanks:

What do you feed a pet demon and do they need shots? :lmao:

I bet they can shit some bricks :HaHa:

Oh... dear.... I had forgotten to ask about housebreaking. If I do start with an imp that's not housebroken, do I have to "cage" it at night, or can they generally make it till morning?

Can you train demons to act as guard demons - that would be the only reason I'd consider getting a demon. Otherwise pets are just too much trouble.

Oh for Christ's sake :lmao: how utterly ignorant... it amazes me that people really believe that shit.

You sure are critical. Think positive, byrdlady22!

Seriously, who said I was irratated. You are aware this is the Rant and Reply section yes??