Goodbye Jesus

The Real Probleme

whatifidontwantausername?

After a few hours of thinking about Christianity and that a cigarette would be nice I decided to publish my findings.

Suprisingly I have come to the realization that Christianity is in no way a bad religion. In fact I would venture to say that most people who are Christian are thus only out of circumstance and not an actual desire to know God. For many people Christianity gives them morals because they are too weak and afraid to find them on their own, a very useful thing to society indeed. For some it gives a sence of pupose and direction, guiding them towards what they hope is to be the big pay off at the end.

So if Christianity is benign, then what fault lies in a Fundamentalist?

It is my belief that pride is what makes the Fundamentalist so unbearable and so unexcusable. In his pride the Fundamentalist forgets his own humanity and in doing so sees the differences in men to be faults, not fortes. For example: In the American South blacks were treated as second class citizens for decades. This system of de facto segregation was heavily influenced by the teachings of churches, to be precise that black men bore the mark of Cain. Imagine how many great minds were waisted in the South, choked as weeds can choke a flower.

Segregation was borne out of pride, the pride that aristocrats had. They would not do common work, as that was unseemly, and as soon as they had a ready cheep labor supply they had no more use for the humanity of their slaves. But I digress.

It is the pride that a Fundamentalist has that leads to a lack of respect for all other people, as they believe that that are above others. This naturaly leads to them becoming charismatic, flamboiant, and sure of themselves and their beliefs; and naturaly others are drawn to these people creating a following that grows like a virus.

The above I take to be hard facts that come about through observation and a little rational thought, though it is possible I have erred in my judgements of people. Now, though, the only real question I have is how to stop the spread of this virus or at least render it harmless?

-Jake

Now, though, the only real question I have is how to stop the spread of this virus or at least render it harmless?

-Jake

If you happen to figure that one out, let us know. You'll have our full support.

The only way I can think of to diminish the symptoms of Fundementalism in the United States is either for nonbelievers to reproduce more than Christians(Not my first choice) or for moderates and nonbelievers to vote more. Sadly, each has about the same chance of happening.

-Jake