Goodbye Jesus

Why Evolution Makes More Sense Than Creationism...

Guest tdawg

Ha ha, that's a good one UR.

Really, tdawg....

You really must update your strategy.

I picture you, waiting with baited breath over your keyboard, ready with your canned responses and arguments we've all heard ad nauseum, ready to deliver your maddeningly incoherent and circular venom to anyone unwitting enough to offer you a legit reply to your OP.

All thats gonna get you here is sarcasm and ridicule. If you want to engage in a serious debate about creationism vs. evolution, head over to the colosseum or arena and ask a real, pointed challenge. Something a bit more focused than, "k, go."

Sheesh.

K, go...

Does it make more sense? Depends on who you ask. If you want a good story to make you feel all warm and fuzzy, that you have some big God watching out for you when you go to bed at night, then Creationism makes more sense for you. If you want useful information on which to base an understanding the workings of nature on which to know how to work with it in practicle ways, then Evolution makes more sense in that context.

If you need the warm pink fuzzy slippers story to take away all these big adult concerns, then this shouldn't be a question for you. Santa does exist and there will be milk and cookies for you in the morning, promise.

Guest sub_zer0

Does it make more sense? Depends on who you ask. If you want a good story to make you feel all warm and fuzzy, that you have some big God watching out for you when you go to bed at night, then Creationism makes more sense for you. If you want useful information on which to base an understanding the workings of nature on which to know how to work with it in practicle ways, then Evolution makes more sense in that context.

Why can't the workings of nature be based on creation? Give me an example of it.

If you need the warm pink fuzzy slippers story to take away all these big adult concerns, then this shouldn't be a question for you. Santa does exist and there will be milk and cookies for you in the morning, promise.

What are all these concerns that happen with evolution?

I believe Antlerman is refering to the concerns that without God creating everything, a person has to determine their own worth and take responsibility for their own actions. They have to deal with the concern that there is no afterlife and that a person's conciousness is gone forever after death. Those concerns, I think he means, aren't so much to do with evolution, but with the disbelief in creationism. I might be a little off base, so correct me if I'm wrong Antlerman.

K, go...

No.

This is not a derby.

K, go...

One word... EVIDENCE.

Why can't the workings of nature be based on creation? Give me an example of it.

They can, but that doesn't mean they were.

And of course it could not have been babblical creation, which doesn't even keep some consistence among its various claims, let alone that wherever it could possibly be falsified, it has.

Guest sub_zer0

One word... EVIDENCE.

We all have the same evidence, what is your point?

They can, but that doesn't mean they were.

And of course it could not have been babblical creation, which doesn't even keep some consistence among its various claims, let alone that wherever it could possibly be falsified, it has.

Same goes for evolution, they can but doesn't mean they were.

What is the consistency it doesn't have in its various claims.

I am asking for an example, ANYBODY?

I believe Antlerman is refering to the concerns that without God creating everything, a person has to determine their own worth and take responsibility for their own actions. They have to deal with the concern that there is no afterlife and that a person's conciousness is gone forever after death. Those concerns, I think he means, aren't so much to do with evolution, but with the disbelief in creationism. I might be a little off base, so correct me if I'm wrong Antlerman.

No evolution clearly shows/teaches that it is all about struggle for survival, there is no afterlife and a persons conciousness is gone forever after death.

No evolution clearly shows/teaches that it is all about struggle for survival, there is no afterlife and a persons conciousness is gone forever after death.

Evolution doesn't teach that there is no afterlife nor that our consciousnesses are gone forever after death. Only Atheists teach that. Religion and evolution go together nicely for most folks. Even as a Xian, I believed in evolution. As a Heathen, I believe in it just as much. There's evidence for it, so I believe it.

Plus, there's psychological benefits to evolution. After all, according to Xian creationism, we were all made perfect but choose to sin because we're evil, worthless scum, and the story of human history is of us humans degenerating into garbage. Evolution suggests, on the other hand, that human history is all about us in a constant state of improvement and adaptation, surviving and thriving despite being always at Nature's mercy. We came from the animals to become almost gods in a sense.

Now you tell me which is more conducive to good self-esteem? :P

Guest sub_zer0

Plus, there's psychological benefits to evolution. After all, according to Xian creationism, we were all made perfect but choose to sin because we're evil, worthless scum, and the story of human history is of us humans degenerating into garbage. Evolution suggests, on the other hand, that human history is all about us in a constant state of improvement and adaptation, surviving and thriving despite being always at Nature's mercy. We came from the animals to become almost gods in a sense.

So many mis-conceptions to justify it in your head. We did sin, because we have free will (as in not doing Gods explicit will). We are not worthless but a prized creation by God, we are made in His image. God LOVED us so much He sent His Son to DIE for us. He didn't die for us because He hated us, but because He LOVED us.

We are the story, we act it out, so to blame God for the state of humanity is rather lame. You just said what Satan wanted all along, for you all to believe that through evolution you have become almost gods. You see, evolution is not just improvment and adaptation or being at natures merce because those elements fit quite nicely into the creation model and frankly have to make huge strides (impossibility) to evolve.

Evolution doesn't teach that there is no afterlife nor that our consciousnesses are gone forever after death. Only Atheists teach that. Religion and evolution go together nicely for most folks. Even as a Xian, I believed in evolution. As a Heathen, I believe in it just as much. There's evidence for it, so I believe it.

Exactly. Quit rewriting the definition of evolution to fit your projections of what you assume our personal beliefs are Sub. It makes you look ignorant. :dumbo:

Guest sub_zer0

Exactly. Quit rewriting the definition of evolution to fit your projections of what you assume our personal beliefs are Sub. It makes you look ignorant. :dumbo:

Evolution is not about the struggle for survival? And how did the afterlife and a persons conciousness evolve? Boy scientists got their work cut out for them to prove this. Not only is it religious principles coming into science, which you all hate because creationism doing that, but you seem to accept it as if it is fact.

Evolution is not about the struggle for survival? And how did the afterlife and a persons conciousness evolve? Boy scientists got their work cut out for them to prove this. Not only is it religious principles coming into science, which you all hate because creationism doing that, but you seem to accept it as if it is fact.

Evolution is about the struggle for survival - who said that it's not? Life is struggle and survival, at its core.

Who said that the afterlife and consciousness evolved? Evolution only focuses on living beings, not places or states of mind, etc. Don't obfuscate.

I don't have any beef about religious principles and science. Who said anything about that? The problem is with Xianity being posited as the accurate history of the world when it has been long proven false and inaccurate as a historical record - of anything.

Evolution is a fact because archaeology has proven it. So there :P

Don't be a jackass. The first sentence of your supposition regarding evolution was essentially correct, and you know it.

As for how consciousness evolved? WE DON'T KNOW. But it did.

And there is no proof for the afterlife in terms of how christianity views it. The afterlife doesn't mean "heaven' or 'hell'. It refers to the continued existence of consciousness beyond the physical form.....not necessarily a specific PLACE for that existence to happen. And such an existence COULD have evolved. I can't answer that and neither can you because neither of us has died.

Just because science doesn't have the answer to EVERYTHING you want to shit on it.....And when science doesn have some answers....you choose to not believe it anyway. Quit expecting science to have all the answers and then trashing the answers in the same breath.

Guest sub_zer0

Just because science doesn't have the answer to EVERYTHING you want to shit on it.....And when science doesn have some answers....you choose to not believe it anyway. Quit expecting science to have all the answers and then trashing the answers in the same breath.

Thank you for taking my position on science as it relates to the Bible.

When science can't prove the Bible you choose not to believe it anyway. Exactly my point quit expecting science to have all the answers.

Your belief about evolution and the afterlife is based on faith just like mine is.

Who said that the afterlife and consciousness evolved? Evolution only focuses on living beings, not places or states of mind, etc. Don't obfuscate.

OK, then there is no afterlife and conciousness that has evolved. Not places? So the earth evolving cannot be proven?

Evolution is a fact because archaeology has proven it. So there :P

What archaelogy has proven it?

tdawg=subZer0

Not sure why subby feels it necessary to talk to himself, however while you good folks are involved in this thread, have fun talking to both sides of this cats demented mind.

kL

Guest sub_zer0

tdawg=subZer0

Not sure why subby feels it necessary to talk to himself, however while you good folks are involved in this thread, have fun talking to both sides of this cats demented mind.

kL

You wanna know why? Because I have NO PERMISSIONS to edit posting, etc. I am not going to use tdawg account nemore probably anyway.

Anyway, back on topic. Why does evolution make more sense then creationism.

What the fuck is this shit-show about?

Evolution makes no claims regarding afterlife or any supernatural phenomena, just like every other science.

Evolution makes no claims regarding spirituality or God.

Evolution makes no prescriptions for how our lives should be lived.

Analyzation of the basic Creationist assertions regarding reality:

1. That the Earth is 6,000-12,000 years old.

2. That Evolution does not occur as stated.

3. All life did not come from a common ancestor.

4. A Global Flood occured.

This is what we are talking about in regards to Creationism, sub_zer0, if you adhere to none of these then fuck off.

tdawg=subZer0

Well well well.

Gee Subby, don't know if you realize this, but inventing your own social "backup" doesn't strengthen your position in an argument or debate.

Especially when we find out about it.

I thought you only needed ONE invisible friend?

Guess your faith isn't that strong after all.

Guest sub_zer0

What the fuck is this shit-show about?

Evolution makes no claims regarding afterlife or any supernatural phenomena, just like every other science.

Evolution makes no claims regarding spirituality or God.

Evolution makes no prescriptions for how our lives should be lived.

K, good. We can agree on that.

Analyzation of the basic Creationist assertions regarding reality:

1. That the Earth is 6,000-12,000 years old.

2. That Evolution does not occur as stated.

3. All life did not come from a common ancestor.

4. A Global Flood occured.

This is what we are talking about in regards to Creationism, sub_zer0, if you adhere to none of these then fuck off.

Such hostility always from you Asimov. I remember reading how the hostility on this board had gone down, but apparently not in your case.

I believe in all 4 of those. Now why does evolution make more sense than creationism.

You still don't know that I believ in those Asimov?

tdawg=subZer0

kL

You wanna know why? Because I have NO PERMISSIONS to edit posting, etc. I am not going to use tdawg account nemore probably anyway.

Anyway, back on topic. Why does evolution make more sense then creationism.

K, subby... Consider this a final warning for conduct here at ExC. Please accept my invitation to find other places on the huge world of the InterNutt to post your double_headed_bullshit at.

Won't ban you, give you an option to take a voluntary vacation for a week. If I see your IP or handle here before 24May2006 at 1400PDT you'llnot be allowed back at all.

Take some time to think and consider screwing around and being busted_as_an_idiot_in_public on a Board with a cranky mean_old_man watching.

See ya in a week numbnuts. And not before.

kL

Guest sub_zer0

K, subby... Consider this a final warning for conduct here at ExC. Please accept my invitation to find other places on the huge world of the InterNutt to post your double_headed_bullshit at.

Won't ban you, give you an option to take a voluntary vacation for a week. If I see your IP or handle here before 24May2006 at 1400PDT you'llnot be allowed back at all.

Take some time to think and consider screwing around and being busted_as_an_idiot_in_public on a Board with a cranky mean_old_man watching.

See ya in a week numbnuts. And not before.

kL

Of course, ban me just like the other boards do. I mean sorry for wanting to edit a topic. If you would of stopped being so selfish and high and mighty, maybe if you gave back my edit back I wouldn't of had to start the topic with another username.

But it's cool, do what you want.

And the insults, how ex-christian of you.

Not banned doofus..

You must have missed cantankerous_rantin'_old_man_posts here on the real_xtians.. coming from a *real_xtian*, that indeed is a high complement.

I am being as or more polite than usual. Have *asked*, made a request, which you seem to be unable to comply with.

I *can* as easily take out your privvies by banning your IP, name(s) and several other methods. However... Take your time out and feel to return in a weeks time.

Do some reconsideration of your particular thinking processes and style, make your posts discussions rather than single vectored screeds begging for a bitch slapping.

kL

Of course, ban me just like the other boards do. I mean sorry for wanting to edit a topic. If you would of stopped being so selfish and high and mighty, maybe if you gave back my edit back I wouldn't of had to start the topic with another username.

But it's cool, do what you want.

Quit whining. Your editing privilages were removed in the first place because you were abusing them. Going back and altering your posts when someone pointed out a "flaw" in your argument, and then asking that person "What Flaw?" which of course could no longer be referenced because you'd gone back and changed the wording.

I remember, and I'm sure some other members remember it too.

You want to make it more convincing that you are being persecuted without cause, you've got to wait longer than five months here.

I'd find the relevant posts regarding this....it wasn't long after you originally joined us....think it was in the "One Verse at a Time" thread. But my lunch hour is over.

Quit pretending you are being picked on.