Goodbye Jesus

Lost Another Loan To Ditech!

RedPillAddict

and by loan I mean Atheist....and by Ditech I mean creationism.

:HaHa:

Atheist Philospher,81, now believes in God

"I'm thinking of a God very different from the God of the Christian and far and away from the God of Islam, because both are depicted as omnipotent Oriental despots, cosmic Saddam Husseins," he said. "It could be a person in the sense of a being that has intelligence and a purpose, I suppose."

So?

So?

Its an interesting article. If you arent interested...dont post. :shrug:

and by loan I mean Atheist....and by Ditech I mean creationism.

:HaHa:

Atheist Philospher,81, now believes in God

"I'm thinking of a God very different from the God of the Christian and far and away from the God of Islam, because both are depicted as omnipotent Oriental despots, cosmic Saddam Husseins," he said. "It could be a person in the sense of a being that has intelligence and a purpose, I suppose."

Dude...that happened like 2 years ago!

I find it interesting. As I am sitting here watching a bunny in front of me cleaning its paws, as I type on a laptop in my backyard, I could say I see a miracle of life and see "God" bringing order to the world I live in. But as I throw this stone at it and kill it for eating my fledging plants, I see a biological mass of cells that formed through processes etched out in nature millions of years before this moment in a soup of goo, in which a large virus infected a cell, caused a mutation, but let the cell alive to eventual mutate repeatedly in to many, many forms, yet from but one single life form in the beginning. In moments of poetic reflection, I see order, beauty, and mystery. I moments of reason I see accessible answers.

At 80 years of age, this intelligent soul is due a poetic view of life. I respect this. Were he to slide into dementia and say he sees through the enormous complexity of life that our small minds struggle to comprehend, a need to sacrifice animals to appease this intelligence, or one step further, that this intelligence had a baby human by sending a co-god down to get a girl pregnant, then sacrifice that baby on a blood alter to himself as a means to show how much he loved us, then I would think the man has well passed his prime and is now on equal footing with Pat Robertson and pals.

I find it interesting. As I am sitting here watching a bunny in front of me cleaning its paws, as I type on a laptop in my backyard, I could say I see a miracle of life and see "God" bringing order to the world I live in. But as I throw this stone at it and kill it for eating my fledging plants, I see a biological mass of cells that formed through processes etched out in nature millions of years before this moment in a soup of goo, in which a large virus infected a cell, caused a mutation, but let the cell alive to eventual mutate repeatedly in to many, many forms, yet from but one single life form in the beginning. In moments of poetic reflection, I see order, beauty, and mystery. I moments of reason I see accessible answers.

At 80 years of age, this intelligent soul is due a poetic view of life. I respect this. Were he to slide into dementia and say he sees through the enormous complexity of life that our small minds struggle to comprehend, a need to sacrifice animals to appease this intelligence, or one step further, that this intelligence had a baby human by sending a co-god down to get a girl pregnant, then sacrifice that baby on a blood alter to himself as a means to show how much he loved us, then I would think the man has well passed his prime and is now on equal footing with Pat Robertson and pals.

yah...I figure he is just realizing that he will probably die soon, so he is jumping to answers the easy way. But, at least he isnt trying to prove the bible or anything.

So?

No, I am interested, actually - I ask "so?" because it seems like you have a problem with this guy deciding to believe in a god, one which he defines himself. "Lost another one to Ditech" - what has been lost? It's not like he reverted to Xianity or something similar.

I just wanted to get your reasons as to why you seem to think his spiritual choices are somehow wrong.

So?

No, I am interested, actually - I ask "so?" because it seems like you have a problem with this guy deciding to believe in a god, one which he defines himself. "Lost another one to Ditech" - what has been lost? It's not like he reverted to Xianity or something similar.

I just wanted to get your reasons as to why you seem to think his spiritual choices are somehow wrong.

T'was a joke....I dont have any problem with his beliefs. I think the problem is the definition of "God". I call myself an atheist because of the common definition of God. I believe that there might be something, but nothing close to what any human has ever described.

T'was a joke....I dont have any problem with his beliefs. I think the problem is the definition of "God". I call myself an atheist because of the common definition of God. I believe that there might be something, but nothing close to what any human has ever described.

Ok - fair 'nuff :)