Goodbye Jesus

Parade Of College Grads At Church

lothartx

I attend the weekly cult meeting with the wife and kiddos. I skip out after worship and read a book or listen to sinful seccular music in the car while the rest of cultest suck up thier weekly dose of B.S.

A Sunday or two ago it was time for yearly "Parade of College Graduates". They were called up in front of congragation. Each was asked to state thier names, major and future plans, i.e. real job or bleeding a bit of money and travel from the locals doing gawds work .

The motely crew of a dozen or so grads lined up and complied. I think there were 8 English majors, 1 Spanish major and 1 E.E and another non-science major. :scratch:

It dawned on me that there were NO biology or natural science type majors, no geoligists, nada. It was like that last year, if I remember correctly.

At least half were trying to get into some kind of missionary role. I have some respect for those who go somewhere to help the poor and homeless. But if your going to spread gawd's word as your primary motive and you help folks as an end to the means, :loser:

Help people for the sake of helping people.

If you study history or science you may learn something about nature and god that they don't teach you in English 101.

....If you study history or science you may learn something about nature and god that they don't teach you in English 101.

You know, I never thought of that! You're right. I wonder what science departments are like at christian universities like, Bob Jones, Azuza Pacific or George Fox?

Hmm... :scratch:

....If you study history or science you may learn something about nature and god that they don't teach you in English 101.

You know, I never thought of that! You're right. I wonder what science departments are like at christian universities like, Bob Jones, Azuza Pacific or George Fox?

Hmm... :scratch:

Science is probably an optional academic there :scratch:

My sister is stone cold devout. She's a biology major.

It dawned on me that there were NO biology or natural science type majors, no geoligists, nada. It was like that last year, if I remember correctly.

This is probably a good thing. Some of the science majors would probably end up teaching science. They could do some real damage in the schools. One semi-brainwashed generation is all the conservative Christians need to push their agendas to the fore in the public schools. I'm very concerned that some churches will start guiding their young towards science education. Conservative Christians have already shown they are very good at the grassroots approach to transforming the political landscape.

My sister is stone cold devout. She's a biology major.

I'm a red hot heathen. I'm an English major.

At least half were trying to get into some kind of missionary role. I have some respect for those who go somewhere to help the poor and homeless. But if your going to spread gawd's word as your primary motive and you help folks as an end to the means,

Because we've all seen the wonders Evangelical Christians have done to societies in Africa and Asia. It disgusts the hell out of me when somebody takes a pretty much "live-and-let-live" religion like Buddhism or whatever local animism/ancestor worship is floating around, and denounces it as "devil worship" - then says the the peaceful messages of that religion are merely proof that Satan is trying to deceive you into them with honey-coated words. Just read any account of Christian missions and you'll see the vast amount of Mao-style brainwashing they use.

My dad's a biology major, chemistry minor (one class away from a full major), a logistician (PhD) and a Fundie.

I figure I'll go into biology and chemistry (or mathematics) just to undo the damage that he's done :grin: , but right now I'm a CS major. Wait.. My sister-in-law is an import, but she's an agnostic chemistry and biology major.

Still going for bio/chem/math.

This is probably a good thing. Some of the science majors would probably end up teaching science. They could do some real damage in the schools. One semi-brainwashed generation is all the conservative Christians need to push their agendas to the fore in the public schools. I'm very concerned that some churches will start guiding their young towards science education. Conservative Christians have already shown they are very good at the grassroots approach to transforming the political landscape.

Fundy Christian education (whether college, high school, elementary, or homeschool), teaches pseudo-science and revisionist history. I shudder when I think about the affect this will have on our nation and world.