Goodbye Jesus

The Injustice Of Hell

ricky18

Sometimes I still fear hell, etc of being real, although all the evidence pointing to its shows that Christianity is a cult, or nonsense but I guess there will always be room for doubt in one’s mind even if it’s just a 10th of 1% for as long as you don’t see with your eyes physically. Faith is the things we hope for but we don’t know for sure. (We hope that theres no evil / Ruthless God waiting for us on the other side). Other times my atheism / antichristian believes / feelings are strong. Feeling all this anxiety I’ve come to know that If even if the Christian god had to be real know I could never bring myself to repentance and serve him.

My mind does not and will never in future allow me to serve a god that sends people to hell for all eternity. Its horror able / unbearable even for the devil and his demons.(Even while being a Christian, believing it was the devil busy destroying me, I couldn’t in my mind send them to hell be tornmented for all eternity-It’s just too unbearable.) I

Christians believe the punishment his fair because the bible says it is, they don’t use their own logic or judgement.

How can eternal damnation be fair, Isn’t mans years 120? If a man lives a sinful life for 120 years how can he spend an eternity paying for that 120 years. How can you suffer longer than what you lived. I think Christians do believe in the back of their mind that the punishment is unfair but their block it out otherwise they also on the list of the damned.

Christians never really see what hell is until they believe they are going to hell. Living in that fear causes you to see the other side. That’s when you seeing the injustice.

Another good question is this: why would God allow Satan to roam the earth causing people to sin and then punish the person with eternal torture in hell if they were simply victims of Satan's tricks?

Lessee... God: Created hell. Created sin. Is all knowing, therefore responsible for sin no matter how you slice it. Created Satan. Continues to allow Satan to 'trick' us into going to hell.

And somehow we're in the wrong here?

Its perfectly logical.....if you asume that justice is predicated on a might makes right system

• 2 weeks later...

Think of it this way: Christian theology says that you have to do things a certain way because God needs you too or requires it or your going to be punished.

Key words: God NEEDS or REQUIRES something.

In other words, there is something God cannot provide for itself so it needs US to do it.

Kind of a silly thought when applied to God, isn't it?

God is either omnipotent or isn't. God requires nothing. Certainly not worship. Therefore, what you believe or do not believe has no impact on anything, including your soul. In other words, there can't be a Hell because there is no point for one to exist.

Myself, I can't consider anyone creating hell to be "kind and loving."

Of course, I think people are plenty able to create their own hell on Earth.

-Seth

Guest cold_dark_water

There is that idea...

That we're already in hell.

That living in this world is already a punishment.

Wars, diseases, all the suffering. And christianity.

And the one wouldn't suffer so much if there were no "good sides" of life.

Having sth. and losing it, seeing it smashed to pieces and spit on is usually more painful than never having it.

The despair of loss.

Guest Emproph

You guys are great, I could quote you all. :3:

(Even while being a Christian, believing it was the devil busy destroying me, I couldn’t in my mind send them to hell be tornmented for all eternity-It’s just too unbearable.)
It is unbearable ricky. That idea got my goat since I could reason it, around 4 yrs old. It’s the antithesis of justice, as in a “just” God.

If God made logic too, then it’s pursuing the answers to questions like that, that are the test as to who knows better about truth. Logically speaking, only a god of Love could be all powerful and a god of all power could only be all Love.

The only “Fun” a God of only infinite Love/Heaven could have would be to create infinite illusions of less than perfection, in our case, hell. And here we are pondering it as potentially real. The idea of an eternal hell IS hell, it's unbearable.

I’ve been asking this same question on other forums, and like you said they seem to be just fine with it as long as they feel that they are the ones who are “right” and going to heaven. I think the assumption is that once they ‘get to heaven’ the so called justice of it will be understood. As though knowing for all eternity that the people they love are in eternal torment for finite and limited “sins,” or just because they didn’t accept Jesus will be acceptable.

Obviously one doesn’t need a Bible or Jesus or a god for that matter to know that the best thing for all is to treat others the way you would want to be treated. When it comes down to it, God IS logic because logic is universal truth.

If there is an all powerful god, then sense allows for the creation of nonsense and NOT the other way around.

As I understand it, logic leads to what is most important, which leads to love. Ergo the idea that love is God, and therefore the understanding to 'love thy neighbor as yourself' being the most important, no matter what you believe about anything else. :)