Goodbye Jesus

My New Exchristian Life

I Broke Free

I would imagine that many of newer folks here hardly know me at all. Although I have over 1,300 posts, (closer to 3000 if you count the old board too) very few of them have been made recently. I found this site in May of 2003, just after I had quit work to go back to school full time for my bachelor’s degree. I had tons of time on my hands and found this site to be instrumental in supporting and defining my belief structure. I had no idea at the time that I had been holding on to so much anger regarding my Christian experience. Even though I had left religion behind 25years earlier, I had not really exercised that demon out of my system. I would spend all day here posting and responding to Christians and ExChristians and found it to be on the whole, very therapeutic.

I am a different person now because of the time I spent here. I have exercised the anger from my system and can now deal with the world the way it is. I have come to believe that we ExChristians are an unusual bunch. We are the ones that don’t fit in. We are incapable of lying to ourselves and calling it “Faith” like the rest of humanity can. I have learned to accept that most of humanity can not deal with life honestly, they must “fill in the gaps” with fairytales to make life bearable. I feel lucky to be able to accept life on its own terms and accept that fact that there is much I will never understand or know. My journey from religion has brought me peace and I owe much of this new peace in my life to this board. Thank you Dave!

The reason I am saying all this is because I want my friends here to understand that I will not be posting much anymore. It is not that I have lost interest in this site; it is just that everything I needed or wanted to read has been posted; everything I wanted to get off my chest has been written. I am also working full time now and my off hours are now very precious to me; I just don’t have the time to post that much anymore. You will still see me roaming the board occasionally on the weekends, and I may even post a bit, but for all intents and purposes, I will more of a “lurker” than regular member.

Thank you all,

I Broke Free.

Hi IBF,

Good luck! I can relate. I'm becoming busier and busier too. Maybe it's time to go moonwalking.

Enjoy!

I have always found your posts interesting and informative. Glad that you've recovered from Christianity enough to move on. Good luck!

IBF I am so honored to have met you! This site is accomplishing for me what it has for you!

Even if you are no longer a regular please post when you are bored, atleast. :)

I can completely relate to everything you said, Dennis. Completely.

Enjoy your life! You've sure brought a lot of joy, healing and help to many others while you've been active here, and I've always thoroughly enjoyed reading your posts. It's an honor to know you. Thank you!

And remember; wherever two or more are gathered to kick a damned preacher in the ass, I'll be there.

Loren

Hello IBF,

I would suppose that is what the purpose of the board is for, healing and moving on. Though, it's hard to stay completely away with all the wonderful people here.

I have enjoyed your posts and found them extremely insightful. I know the new members are going to miss out on your wisdom, but like you said, and I understand, it does get repetitive saying the same things over and over.

Take care of yourself and do try to stop in from time to time if just to say hello.

Taph

Guest Faery

Aww I'm going to miss you! I loved your posts, you brought so much insight into all of our threads. I also love your avatar! It sounds like things are going good in your life, I hope that you enjoy it and make the best of it. *sniff* You don't need us anymore but that is good, it means that you're growing and becoming a better person, and moving on to the next phase of your life. Time is precious and mbs take up a lot of time, I understand that. Take Care. ;):)

ps. this used to be Emerson, but am now fairy. You can call me Jaime, after my real name. :) Sorry for the confusion.

Good luck man, I always enjoyed reading your insightful posts. :grin: Drop by sometimes though, we'll miss you here. :wave: