Goodbye Jesus

I Love My New Job...

LadyFeline

...I REALLY want to just run to the bathroom and vomit. Namely, once per month, when I have to proofread the advice columns for the special publications, and I get my face rubbed in whatever one of the local Baptist fucknuts is ranting about.

Last month, it was Easter, and how we should all feel grateful that God loved us enough to commit suicide to save us from himself because we're all filthy, degenerate sinners who don't deserve to LIVE, much less be LOVED. SO BOW AT HIS PURE AND HOLY FEET, YOU DISGUSTING SINNERS!! BOW, BOW!!! OR BURN IN HELL!!!!

This month, his soapbox was about apostasy. No doubt brought on by the release of "The DaVinci Code".

Basically, it was an entire paragraph ranting and railing about how anything that isn't "God's Word" is apostasy and should be avoided by all Christians. Because if they read, listen to, or watch ANYTHING that isn't TEH HOLEY BIBBLE then, well, their faith will be destroyed and they'll become apostates, irredeemable in the eyes of God! He SAID that "The Faith!!" is so weak that reading "apostate works" would destroy it!

Oh, PRIMUS, how I wish I could write a response to that stomach-churning, mind-numbing garbage.

Namely: "If your religion is THE TRUTH, as you so humbly put it, then why would mere fiction destroy it? Is your faith so WEAK that it could be demolished by a feather? TRUTH should be, and IS, able to withstand ALL CHALLENGES. The fact that you fear that YOUR truth isn't strong enough speaks volumes."

Okay. I think I'm done ranting. For now...

I have my own commandment.

Thou Shalt not buy the holy bull...

Because these fundie numbnuts only do it so they can lord over everyone else like the condescending bastards they are.

...I REALLY want to just run to the bathroom and vomit. Namely, once per month, when I have to proofread the advice columns for the special publications...

Kind of off-topic, but if you proofread the junk, do you ever feel tempted to... "correct"... something in these rantings to make the writer look even more stupid?

You know, like the original containing a claim about "...the earth..." and you wanting to "correct" it into "...the biblical flat earth..."?

Of course I trust you'd get into trouble real soon, but hey, I'm just referring to the tempting idea, whether anyone will really do it or not :wicked: