Goodbye Jesus

Quite A Guilt Trip

Lautermilich

Guest Mr. XC

This Chick track is quite a guilt trip. God sends someone to hell and blames you for it.

I am not sure if God is the one doing the blaming. At least, that is now what I remember.

This is just another feeble attempt of the religion trying to propagate itself. It basically plays on people's emotions, which is quite effective. It is stuff like this that also makes people try to spread the "good news" before understanding it completely. Otherwise, they would be more likely to do the intellectually honest thing, which is to understand what it is that they are trying to preach before preaching it. Of course, if they understand Christianity and a little bit of science, they may not make it to the preaching stage. But put a little fear into people to preach what they do not fully understand, and the issue is bypassed.

What I find interesting is that if God's love is so perfect, why it come with a condition? The last time I checked, true love is not conditional. Even "evil" people love their friends (the bible even says something to this effect somewhere). I mean, if you truly love someone, you do not say, I will only save you if you do x. Oh well; :shrug: I could spend days writing about Christianity's flaws. Luckily, I do not have to; they are fairly well documented elsewhere.

What I find interesting is that if God's love is so perfect, why it come with a condition?

The one sect of Xtians that must've been real fun at parties were the Calvinists. They believed in predestination, and that God had chosen those worthy of his kingdom and those doomed to hell before he created them. Nothing done in one's life could change this. The only way you might possibly go to heaven were if you were lucky enough to be born into the Calvinist church (of course), and lived a morose and somber life devoid of joy and passion. Are they still around, sign me up!

I can imagine some disappointing moments at the Pearly Gates for those who weren't on god's A-list.

Condemned Calvinist: What!? What do you me mean I was doomed to hell before I was born?!? I never even had sex! This is bogus man!

St. Peter: We ask that you please bear with us. Look, I just spoke with the supervisor and there's really nothing I can do. Don't worry though, it'll only feel like an eternity.