Goodbye Jesus

Any Religious Beliefs Now?

Guest VioletV

I think god is a mainframe and we are computer terminals.

The mainframe has a huge hard drive where we all have disk space, and that's our consciousness. We, therefore, are part of the mind of god; The mind of god is the hard drive.

When we die, we return the disk space, which is then reused by another human.

I think we, ex-christians, have our disk space on neighbouring tracks.

Hmm, I think I am going to smoke another joint now.

Hello, all. I'm so glad .....

Any religious beliefs now?

Hmmm .... after I lost my faith in Christianity I tended to call myself agnostic. Now I am tending towards atheism.

I suppose I follw some Buddhist principles like "working towards then end of suffering" but since I can not really "live in the doctrine" I'm not really a Buddhist.

I find myself currently attracted to Odinism and Ásatrú and the original beliefs of my ancestors, but since I am having a hard time believing in anything that can't be verified or at least grounded in reality, then I suspect it will remain only an interest.

I suppose presently I could say I am an athiest.

Sparrow

I don't like to lable myself as anything, because it doesn't feel right to me. I believe in God, but my practices and perceptions are always changing. I like to read and study about other religions and pick up techniques and food for thought to ruminate over (it's a hobby). Whatever works for me, and I discard what doesn't. I don't think God cares one way or another what we believe (or even if we believe) or what we worship.

Guest Suigintou

No religious beliefs for me, I am now an atheist and an antitheist. I believe in science and logic, nothing more.

I drift in and out of agnosticism, atheism, antitheism.

Right now I'm an atheist, but a really smart Deist I know regularly makes some good points in debates and throws me back into that "Well, maybe..." kind of thinking.

I don't have a problem with the "God is that from which we came, and is the fabric of the universe" God. That seems logical enough.

I dunno. I really don't think God, whatever it is, if it exists at all, is a thinking entity. Or if it is, we are all in deep shit, coz that is one mean-ass mofo no matter how you try to spin it.

The only kinds of God I can "buy" are so watered down with abstract concepts and scientific unknowns that it really couldn't be called "god" at all, respecting the traditional use of the word.

My kingdom is my mind and there I am King. It is a beautiful place dominated by peace, love and joy...................until it becomes conscious of the world it perceives. Then it becomes sad, frustrated and often angry. For too long it allowed another King to reign. After a ruthless battle that took many years that tyrant was defeated and peace now reigns. But the tyrant lives on in the minds of others...but not mine. The frustration comes from knowing that my mind cannot hope to destroy this virus that affects so many in the form of organised religion. The rather vague form of the virus which takes the form of belief in 'something out there' is a little more tolerable but I managed to get rid of that too.

That something causes us to be is evident. That something has deliberately created all that is with any sense of human morality is inconceivable.

So I suppose that I 'believe' in nature. Do I 'love' it? No. It could have been so much better.