Goodbye Jesus

My Turn

AtheistMommy

I've never claimed to be perfect. I too don't appreciate being talked down to. I do my best to stick to rationality when I debate. However, emotions are hard to control. I am only human. I am in no way trying to excuse my own behavior. But I feel I am entitled to explaining myself after all that has been said and is continued to be said. So, having said that, if you do not want to hear what I have to say, please stop reading this.

First off, I wear my heart on my sleeve. My children mean the world to me. I will never be sorry for that. Any issue that involves children, religion, and parenting is my beef. Because I love them so much I have done so much research on child care, child development and early brain development. No so that I can debate about it but because I want to be the best parent I can be. Not saying that parents who don't' do this are somehow unfit but knowledge is power and it improves parenting skills at the very least.

I am who I am and I will be talking a whole lot about my babies. No matter who is "sick" of it. Remember, there's always the "ignore" button.

A few of you have seen me back off when I feel the debate getting too personal. This is my evidence that I am not trying to play the "victim" card. When I started talking about the Santa myth I was not trying to make it into a "big deal." I'm sure we can all agree that we are subject to misreading due to lack of tone. I seriously just wanted to know what your personal experiences with the myth were.

If I say something does not exist due to lack of proof and you don't agree with me, that doesn't make my argument "illogical." It doesn't make me any less of "freethinker" either. With all this said, I am not about to let anger consume me. I am not going to let someone else's anger pull me in either.

If I have done anything wrong, I am sorry.

Thank you all for listening.

Even though you may wear your heart on your sleeve AM (and I'm not saying it's a bad thing), not everyone else does. I don't think you should really worry about if other people are offended. I'm sure if the issue was THAT big of a deal they would either personally pm you or would just do what you did and make a rant about it.

I personally enjoy a lot of your posts even if it may seem like I don't. I have no problem with what you've said, and I don't see any reason for others to think that you have done anything "wrong" per se.

Just leave your damn kids out of it ;)

And dammit Zoe, stop being such a bitch! :HaHa:

Wow, another thread that I guess I should be glad to have not read...

Even though you may wear your heart on your sleeve AM (and I'm not saying it's a bad thing), not everyone else does. I don't think you should really worry about if other people are offended. I'm sure if the issue was THAT big of a deal they would either personally pm you or would just do what you did and make a rant about it.

I personally enjoy a lot of your posts even if it may seem like I don't. I have no problem with what you've said, and I don't see any reason for others to think that you have done anything "wrong" per se.

Just leave your damn kids out of it ;)

And dammit Zoe, stop being such a bitch! :HaHa:

Actually, yes, I'm pretty surprised. :grin:

I've been trying for years to stop worring about what others think. I'm starting to think it's hard wired. Your right, I totally agree. Thank you.

I was actually just trying to use them to explain my side of why not introducing the myth wasn't harmful. Mostly because someone said (I can't remember who) it was taking the fun out of it.

I think the whole thing was based on miscommunication and lots of misreading. Either way, I've chosen to stop.

So...is there gonna be a catfight or not?

:wicked:

So...is there gonna be a catfight or not?

:wicked:

No, not trying to fight, just trying to explain myself. I felt I at the very least deserve that.

Oh come on...who couldn't love a serious argument about santa claus belief.

I NEVER thought I'd see it. :twitch:

:lmao: I thought the same thing!!

there was oil?

*sigh*

I've been hanging around in the wrong threads.

AAAaaaarrrrgggggghhhhhh!!!!!!!!!

:phew:

Sorry, i meant to say

:Doh:

AAAaaaarrrrgggggghhhhhh!!!!!!!!!

:phew:

Sorry, i meant to say

:Doh:

This whole thing was so blown out of proportion that something serious came out of it. And I'm seriously thinking about leaving. Besides, I really don't have time to do this anymore.

Settle down everybody!

Calm down!

Stop being Drama Queens!

BAM! BAM! BAM!

Settle down everybody!

Calm down!

Stop being Drama Queens!

BAM! BAM! BAM!

LOL! I'm not trying to be a drama queen. Maybe I just need a break, something has to happen though.

No there doesn't, just drop it and stop caring. Seriously...it's just a discussion.

No there doesn't, just drop it and stop caring. Seriously...it's just a discussion.

It has become painfully clear to me that this isn't going to get resolved. I said a few things to someone I thought was a friend because I didn't want him to get the wrong idea. Apparently I made things worse. He didn't like that I PM'd him at all and saw it as a bad thing. He shared my PM's with Zoe whom yes, at the time I was pissed off with. Wouldn't it piss you off if someone was telling you crap, gloating about it and then saying things like "I'm a bitch."

But this didn't piss me off as much as my friend writing back to me and telling me I'm not acting like me, did. Now I'm being accused of "crying" to him. So much for trying to save our friendship.

I can't seem to come though without sounding somewhat angry, gee I wonder why. I've said I was sorry at least three times. And still I come out synical.

Again, I'm sorry if you feel I have done anything wrong.

I'm leaving now, I won't be replying to anything new. I'm not sure if or when I will be coming back. I just can't handle the clash between me and someone I've known for years. Zoe and her arument isn't my issue. She refuses to acknowledge that she came after me just as much as I came after her. Took over my thread like she said she wouldn't and now is telling me off in PMs.

Is she the bad guy? No. She's just doing what she said she does. Which apparenlty is more acceptable than me cussing or showing anger. I've been trying to let it go. I've tried not replying to her and still the converstation is going to shit. If I'm so bad, why reply to me at all?

So that's it, I give up. You got me Zoe. I'm crying my ass off right now. Is that good? Please stop now. (just in case you don't get the sarcasim, this is me being sarcastic)

"Did I ask too much? more than a lot / you gave me nothing, now it's all I got / we're one, but we're not the same / well, we hurt each other and we do it again / you say: 'My Love is a temple, My love the higher law / My love is a temple, My love the higher law' / you ask me to enter, then you make me crawl..."

I think I'm going to take a nice long break from Ex-C. I'm tired of playing the fool.

Merlin

Guest Faery

AtheistMommy,

I get what you mean. I don't know why but sometimes drama happens and like you I've decided that I'm done with Ex-C. Its not worth it to me anymore. I've sent in my request to the webmaster. I don't expect anyone to cry over it, but I wanted to let you know girly, if you ever read this, that you're not alone in being hurt.

AtheistMommy,

I get what you mean. I don't know why but sometimes drama happens and like you I've decided that I'm done with Ex-C. Its not worth it to me anymore. I've sent in my request to the webmaster. I don't expect anyone to cry over it, but I wanted to let you know girly, if you ever read this, that you're not alone in being hurt.

What's not worth it? What drama?

Honestly, some people are way too sensitive.

I tried my damndest not to respond, but I will anyway:

We don't need a rift or a public flogging. I've seen too many of those and been a part of them. I don't want it. It's like some people have their life history on rewind and repeat. Someone says something, someone gets offended, someone says "Drama queen", someone leaves. Why do I keep seeing this pattern of pursuit and defense?

I could have written a finite state machine to simulate these activities and not known the difference. Are you programs or people?

Is anyone here brave enough to step out of the pattern and see if it leads somewhere else?

AtheistMommy,

Jamie, please tell me what's going on.

Guest Faery

JJ, I appreciate it. But this isn't a public flogging. If you want a public flogging go to a xian forum and say something that's opposite of the conservative christian agenda and you'll have a public flogging.

Honestly, I think I get it when people here are saying "have thicker skin" I am not taking that as a bad thing, its just it takes time for some people to develop that. It takes time being ballsy and gutsy and being strong, but even then I guess you do have your sad moments as well.

I guess even here at EX-C or any forum, really, we have our "drama" moments. I think today it was just the whole thing of misunderstandings at the "older guys" thread. Hmm I don't know, this has been my first couple of months here, so I don't know how it usually is, although I've been a lurker before.

But yeah trust me this isn't as bad as compared to the ugliness at xian forums. Its okay JJ, don't worry about it. Okay? :)

AtheistMommy,

What's not worth it? What drama?

Honestly, some people are way too sensitive.

And Asimov, not everyone is like you.

JJ, I appreciate it. But this isn't a public flogging. If you want a public flogging go to a xian forum and say something that's opposite of the conservative christian agenda and you'll have a public flogging.

Honestly, I think I get it when people here are saying "have thicker skin" I am not taking that as a bad thing, its just it takes time for some people to develop that. It takes time being ballsy and gutsy and being strong, but even then I guess you do have your sad moments as well.

I guess even here at EX-C or any forum, really, we have our "drama" moments. I think today it was just the whole thing of misunderstandings at the "older guys" thread. Hmm I don't know, this has been my first couple of months here, so I don't know how it usually is, although I've been a lurker before.

But yeah trust me this isn't as bad as compared to the ugliness at xian forums. Its okay JJ, don't worry about it. Okay? :)

Okay. You have managed to placate me for now. You guys are lucky she stopped me -do you hear that?-, because I know kung fu! Don't make me beat your ass :vent:

:retreats:

Guest Faery

Yup well Asimov is right in that we don't need to get upset over a thread and just leave. This isn't as bad as a xian forum, trust me, people there are completely nasty. Sorry JJ, don't mean to burst your bubble. I'm on your side, but I see what Asimov is saying too. You know?

I think you need to check your email. Okay? Got something serious to tell you.

Yup well Asimov is right in that we don't need to get upset over a thread and just leave. This isn't as bad as a xian forum, trust me, people there are completely nasty. Sorry JJ, don't mean to burst your bubble. I'm on your side, but I see what Asimov is saying too. You know?

I think you need to check your email. Okay? Got something serious to tell you.

Okay, I'll check it.

I happen to agree with both positions too. On the other hand, there are times when someone can be too dogmatic about it. No one plays a hand full of wild cards.