Goodbye Jesus

This Would Be Funny

mick

Imagine if Theologically and spiritually we had a situation that was the opposite of what Christians believe.

I.e. There are MANY world religions, and ONLY one is FALSE (LOL - ) and in order to get saved you have to figure out which one is FALSE, in order to escape Hell. We would have many sects choosing different religions as the FALSE one, so the world is totally confused, just as it is now. All kinds of people pleading with each other to convince them that they know the correct religion to say is false, so they can be saved.

Well, I think Hell is rather unlikely -- Especially since one seems to require a nervous system to "benefit" from the education of pain. :twitch: But the idea of only one false religion is intriguing. I'm more inclined to think that all violent, exclusivist systems (monotheistic, polytheistic or atheistic) are wrong and that just about anything else makes more sense.

I see it more as:

"The number of possible religions is limited only by your own imagination. Some are plausible and useful, some are interesting but hard to put into practice, some are rather improbable, some are downright ridiculous, and some are both ridiculous and actively harmful to your life. Be careful out there.

"And, however you choose to live your life, don't give religion credit for things that you can damn well do for yourself. Crediting the mundane to the divine is utterly pointless and bad for your self-esteem."