Goodbye Jesus

Jesus Vs Paul

thunderbolt

Does any one have a good resource that shows the contrasts between their gospels? They certainly didn’t preach the same gospel, and if Paul’s letters weren’t included in the New Testament, then Christianity would have looked completely different. In fact, I think most Christians worship Paul by proxy more than they do Jesus.

Anyhoew, would be grateful. Thanks

Yes. I agree. It shouldn't be called Christianity, but Paulism. Just like this example:

Jesus said: hate your father and mother to follow me

Paul said: respect your father and mother and you'll be blessed by God

Christians say: what Paul said

I think with only the Gospels and not Pauls letters we wouldn't have much of Christianity at all today. The Church and the expansion started with Paul, not Jesus or his disciples. Yet, the disciples where supposedly hand picked by God himself to do the job, and supposedly walked with Jesus and heard his teachings, while Paul, by his own words, never met Jesus, but only in a vision, left the country, studied the scripturs and came back with his own religion, and even rebuked the other apostles years later, telling them they were wrong. People put their trust in Paul, not the Gospels.

---

Good resources, Toxic. :thanks:

Hey guys

Thanks a stack!

:HaHa:

Yeah, the whole of Christianity is based on the hallucinations of one man. Go figure!

:eek:

The more I think about it, the more it becomes clear, there's no Christianity, it's a misnomer.

Hey, I was thinking this, one of the tricks con artists use is the "salesman from out of town" trick, where you start of by making friend with someone, so they start trust you. Then you tell them, "there's this salesman from out of town that wants to talk to you". And since they have come to trust you, they indirectly also trust this new "out-of-towner". The salesman then of course sell something to you, or get you into some elaborate scheme. Christianity follows the same pattern.

Paul established a trust with the potential believer. He did exist, and he did write the letters. And he points to this character Jesus that no one really knows anything about.

Then the Gospels describes this Jesus, and it gets easier to fall for the trick, since we already know that Paul exists, then why wouldn't his imaginary friend also exist.