Goodbye Jesus

Deleting Threads

Guest Zoe Grace

Guest Zoe Grace

Despite how it may appear this is NOT directed at one particular individual as this has happened with more than one person's threads in the past. This was just a "straw that broke the camel's back" situation and I just feel like the issue should be addressed or at least heard.

To put it plainly: Thread deletion sucks. have the thread closed for replies, locked down so it doesn't get any more heated, sure...but deleted? (the post starter can always edit his/her posts and explain why they are edited.)

IMO it's just not right. And here is why...

Because when you have your topic deleted, you aren't just erasing your words and ending a heated discussion, you're erasing everyone's words. Entire interactions with other people are just being deleted. (this most recent thread there were actually some very funny things with other members that I might have wanted to look at again...I didn't know I would have to screen save every thread for posterity on the fear it might get deleted.) Even if I go into my personal member posts history...it's gone...all my posts. As if nothing I said happened.

I was replying to other people about other things...like woodsmoke (who, btw wood, I totally get what you were saying and got that you meant the "general you")...that's just gone, and woodsmoke won't get that reply, hell I can't even remember my words enough or his exact words enough to take the discussion to PM.

Really I'm not trying to start drama here, but I REALLY REALLY wish that overly heated threads would be "locked down" instead of deleted...because when you request the deletion of your thread, you aren't just erasing yourself, you're erasing everybody else's stuff too.

And even if things got heated? So what? people get upset about things, and we learn. It might not be a clean simple way to learn, but still. It feels like censorship.

Guest Faery

All righty. I don't want this thread to be about me or any of the other stuff, but yes lets stick to the topic. I don't know, maybe the mods should speak up about what can be done or something. I understand about it being people's baby. I think that forums are popular because it gives people a chance to be heard, and I totally get that.

I don't quite know what's going on, as I haven't been able to check in much lately. But I've heard of threads being deleted before. Seems to make more sense to just lock things up, or edit individual posts that are deemed excesively out-of-line (abusive, threatening, etc). Who makes the decisions about erasing threads?

At any rate I really don't want you to leave,
Nah, Jamie, don't leave. You fit in too well to take off so soon. :grin:

Actually, all day today I was looking forward to getting back here to see the replies to the "older men" thread that we were partying away on last night. I had a blast reading and replying to everyone in that thread and I'm positive that I wasn't the only one that felt that way.

It was fun, you guys. And you know it was. :HaHa:

Anyway, what happened here last night gave me a strange sense of familiarity of days long gone here at ExC. Hell, there was a time when we used to have maybe four or five thread cruisin' along at any given time with such interaction from everyone.

It was fun. To everyone who contributed to that thread, thank you for a taste of the good'ol days. :woohoo:

Of course, I am completely unaware of anything that has happened since I left here earlier today, so... I'm sure that there were reasons. :shrug:

Really I'm not trying to start drama here, but I REALLY REALLY wish that overly heated threads would be "locked down" instead of deleted...because when you request the deletion of your thread, you aren't just erasing yourself, you're erasing everybody else's stuff too.

And even if things got heated? So what? people get upset about things, and we learn. It might not be a clean simple way to learn, but still. It feels like censorship.

Agreed.

Vehemently agreed. :grin:

Fires happen. People get burned, but hopefully the wounds heal and we're all able to move on.

'Sides, I don't know as Jackson would ever forgive me if I chased you off. :HaHa:

Yup. I liked the thread too. But I did what I was asked to do.

Fires happen. People get burned, but hopefully the wounds heal and we're all able to move on.

'Sides, I don't know as Jackson would ever forgive me if I chased you off. :HaHa:

Not only that, Jamie, but once you realize just how big of an asshole Woody is, anything that he has to say to you will eventually roll off like water on a duck's behind.

:moon:

Guest Faery

Yup. I liked the thread too. But I did what I was asked to do.

And I thank you. Like I said, this is a sticky situation. I guess as members we need to keep the requests of deletion on to the minimum. People will get annoyed either way. If they didn't delete threads and things got bad, then yeah just like Zoe I'd get annoyed. And when that is an option, anyway and requested, it still irritates people. I get it Zoe, I totally get it. But yeah let's keep that to a minimum so we don't irritate each other and want to tear our hairs out. I want to keep the peace. :)

Agreed.

Honestly, I love it here. I feel more accepted here than I ever did at any xian forum. No one really picks on you to just pick on you, people here tease and have fun, but its never done in a cruel way.

Funny how in xian forums people get judged, get bullied, all way too easily and the mods let them get away with it at those forums. So I love it here. But yes I will remember my time here, I love you guys and girls. :) You are so sweet and wonderful, anyway enough of me, stick to the topic party people. :):grin::woohoo:

But yes I will remember my time here, I love you guys and girls. :)
Now why'd you have to go and throw that line in there?!?! :vent:

You make it sound like you're still contemplating leaving!!!! :twitch:

Wtf, woman? :ugh:

Guest Faery

Lol you're funny Fwee. I don't know I think its just time for me to move on. Life is full of changes, I'm sad about that. I don't have many hangs up about xianity, most of my bitterness has been dealt with offline. :) Please, I don't want it to be about me anymore. Let Zoe Grace get her glory for this thread.

I guess we had a good set of threads running though. :grin:

I would like to thank everyone who participated for making my late night/early morning much more interesting.

Lol you're funny Fwee. I don't know I think its just time for me to move on. Life is full of changes, I'm sad about that. I don't have many hangs up about xianity, most of my bitterness has been dealt with offline. :) Please, I don't want it to be about me anymore. Let Zoe Grace get her glory for this thread.

I've left here a few times, because I didn't have any hang ups either. I'm pretty much completely over it, but I still have friends here, and they are why I returned. There's still plenty left for me to look at and even more to laugh about.

:shrug:

Not only that, Jamie, but once you realize just how big of an asshole Woody is, anything that he has to say to you will eventually roll off like water on a duck's behind.

:moon:

Aye, this is true enough. I did, after all, learn from the master. :wicked:

:Hmm:

Fuck you, Fwee!

:HaHa:

:lmao: BWAHAHA.... :lmao:

I started laughing as soon as I saw that you replied back in this thread. I knew I was gonna get some sort of lashing. :HaHa: