Goodbye Jesus

Online Friends And Exc

Knightley

Knightly...

As the resident mean_old_man, my pair of copper zoltoys tossed into discussion would simply be to say:

"I don't make friends easily, nor without the purpose of establishing more than just someone to talk to."

One can get as complex or as simple with that statement as desired, however I tend to put my life, little fortune and honor on the line and table for my friends.

hacinendaFatman is and has been Sanctuary to many whom have had no place to go, or at end of road, rope and wits end. Over the years we've had several friendships grow from that time of the folks' lives, continue to contact and alliances.

Do very little that is casual, but do make many snap descisions, things that have oft caused me dinero, love, stress, and even some pain.

Been worth it to hold my hand out to those needing something?

Always

TANSTAAFL

kL

You're a good man, Nivek.

When the points go out, I couldn't think of a better person at my side. Then there's woodsmoke. Maybe the three of us will start a revolution.

Depends on what kind of friend....

a. platonic friend

b. friends with benefits

c. fuck buddy

:lmao:

i guess a friend with benefits... platonically speaking of course :grin:

oh and nice avatar... fits the topic perfectly.

Thanks RHEMtron.

And yes Nivek, I do have to agree, I like making friends that are worthwhile. I hate flakey friends. =)

And yes Nivek, I do have to agree, I like making friends that are worthwhile. I hate flakey friends. =)

I have to agree. I always hate it when I have a friend or relative that I make plans to do things with and they just don't show. No call, no apology later, nothing. What kind of friend (OR relative) is that?

If you can be friends with a guy biologically old enough to be your dead, I'm a pretty true blue friend if you're true blue back! I'll let you decide what type of friend. :HaHa: Sorry...guess you had to read the joke I read this morning to understand that. Maybe I'll post it later.

Me too, Im really tired of having a friend I dont get to know very well and losing them after I move on.

The real reason Ive never kept in touch with friends is because like I said, Ive never had a friend I could completely relate to or truely get to know. :(

MM,

I think that friendship like anything else takes practice, you have to take risks to open yourself up to them and they have to take risks with you by doing the same.

Me too, Im really tired of having a friend I dont get to know very well and losing them after I move on.

The real reason Ive never kept in touch with friends is because like I said, Ive never had a friend I could completely relate to or truely get to know. :(

Focused:

Ive never had a friend I could completely relate to or truely get to know.

Mushroom man,

"Completely relating to" is impossible. "Close", "in agreement with", "Don't disagree with enough so we don't try and go postal on each other", "Can stand each other enough not to knife one another in the crotch" is often a good as it gets.

Understanding and knowledge, willing to expand your thinking, learning to live with others differences is about the best most of we mere mortals can attain.

If you are looking for a mental clone, someone who thinks and acts/reacts "just like you", you'll be looking rest of life for soemething that doesn't exist.

We often might not like the ride we get given, but we do get to ride it to end despite what we *want*. The fellow travellers on that ride we do often get to choose. Don't disclude folks who might be *different*..

k, very fuckin' different, L