Goodbye Jesus

My Brother Had His Cards Read!

evergreen

I invited my younger brother over for supper tonight. We have started an arrangement so that if I cook for him, he gives me a guitar lesson, and this was the first time we did the cook/lesson thing.

So, while we're eating supper, he told me that he and some of his friends had tarot readings done for themselves at a flea market yesterday.

My brother is a Pentecostal, like I used to be. And as far as I can tell, he seems to be happy with his faith.

I'm sharing the bit about him having his cards read, because I'm excited! It seems to indicate that he's willing to think for himself.

We both know how our parents would react if they knew. They'd FLIP. Tarot cards are of the devil and all that. And the church would really look down on it, too.

So yeah.

I'm just excited that he did something that he knows is considered wrong and/or evil by the church.

That's cool. I had a friend who read tarot cards for me about a couple months ago. Its was kind of cool, although you kind of have to not let the cards rule your life. That's what she told me as well.

I used to read Tarot cards quite frequently, and once in a very long while I reach for my favourite deck and shuffle up a spread.

Putting aside the paranormal hoohah, they do "work" in the sense that the images are great for jump-starting one's imagination. So, with all my skepticism, I still enjoy the cards.

Regarding your brother, this is an interesting development indeed. It would be wise to keep an extremely low profile on this, especially if he's living at home.

It is pretty neat that he did it. Now if only I could persuade him that seeing bands in bars is ok. :P

He doesn't live with our parents, so that part is ok. He's here in the university town with me (he just finished his first year).

Oh, and I've attempted to read the cards before, too. Never regularly. Mostly I just think divination systems are interesting, and I want to learn about some of them, and maybe collect a few. Just for fun.

Brother did say, though, that the reading was accurate. Heh. :)

I'm just excited that he did something that he knows is considered wrong and/or evil by the church.

Sooner or later we get them all... :pureevil:

...sometimes Loki, that damn old trickster, has a good idea for a change! :wicked:

Ooh, Tarot. Spooky.

I tried to be skeptical about Tarot cards. I really did. Kept seeing dead on hits, though. In the right hands, they're downright spooky. I can't say what the nature of what's behind them is, but they do seem rather uncanny.