Goodbye Jesus

Ya Know, I Find The Movie Review Site, Christiananswers.net To Be Unbelievably Biased.

08 hawk

(http://christiananswers.net/spotlight/home.html)

If a movie has just a couple of 'bad' words in it, or if God's name is 'used in vein', or if there's any pre maritial sex in it, they'll deem it 'offensive'. I mean seriously! They deemed 'Little Nicky' extremely offensive and one reviewer said it supports Satanic Worship. :Wendywhatever: Can't they just stop looking for all the 'values' it and andd enjoy Little nicky for what it's worth...just a goofy Adam Sandler movie??!!!

Um, yes. :Hmm: Why do you find that funny? :unsure:

Um, yes. :Hmm: Why do you find that funny? :unsure:
That was sarcasm, bub. She probably thought it was funny that you sounded as though you were complaining about their bias.

As if you expected something else? :shrug:

:HaHa: <--- See? I think it's funny too.

No, I wasn't expecting something else. I just can't stand their hatred over a movie just becuase it has 2 men who love each other.

And yeaaaahhhh, after I made that last post, I realized that her post was sarcasm. :Doh:

If a movie has just a couple of 'bad' words in it...

One of my hobbies is theater. Some backstage work, some on. Pretty often, I've told my parents I was doing a play and it was really good, and then remembered. "oh, but there's some swearing, so it's probably not for you..." One of my acting roles was Ruckley, a lobotomy patient in "One flew over the Cuckoo's Nest". I had one line, repeated seven times, usually loud. "Fuck 'em all!" :HaHa:

http://www.pluggedinonline.com is just as bad. They have a print magazine Plugged In which I used to subscribe for one year and that mag made me crazy as a xian. All the guilt they try to feed you for going to see those movies.

It needs a forum to truly complete the comedy! Just think of all the funny weirdos that'll flock to the forum there!

According to the Bible, self-righteous puritanical folk end up in hell!!!!

I can watch any movie, I like, thanks, without your interference.

The latest was Eyes Wide Shut. Very surreal but a good watch. lol

This one made me shake with hystaria(sp?):

(on the first Harry Potter movie)

"I'm sorry but this film is completely anti-christian. Not only does it not have anything at all to do with God but it promotes such acts as divination, necromancy, incantations and other occultic practices, and such behaviour like lying, cheating, stealing and other bad behaviours that kids will imitate as HP is a hero amongst their generation. HP seemed to have a hypnotic feel to it as if it was drawing you into something more than just a movie. If I offend anyone with my next statement then tough, but it's the truth... the Word tells us that in the last days many will be led astray, even the elect (Christians), and even goes on to tell us that Satan comes as an angel of light. HP is such an angel, showing courage, friendship and the battle of 'good vs evil' but, in the end, it's all worldly. Where has discernment gone in the body of Christ? Where have morals gone also? Bottom line: This film is [not of God]... My Ratings: [Extremely Offensive / 1]

--Pastor C St. John, age 30"

Say it with me now Mr. Clueless:"Its.....a....movie!!!" It's a fictional book! :crazy:

This one made me shake with hystaria(sp?):

(on the first Harry Potter movie)

"I'm sorry but this film is completely anti-christian. Not only does it not have anything at all to do with God but it promotes such acts as divination, necromancy, incantations and other occultic practices, and such behaviour like lying, cheating, stealing and other bad behaviours that kids will imitate as HP is a hero amongst their generation. HP seemed to have a hypnotic feel to it as if it was drawing you into something more than just a movie. If I offend anyone with my next statement then tough, but it's the truth... the Word tells us that in the last days many will be led astray, even the elect (Christians), and even goes on to tell us that Satan comes as an angel of light. HP is such an angel, showing courage, friendship and the battle of 'good vs evil' but, in the end, it's all worldly. Where has discernment gone in the body of Christ? Where have morals gone also? Bottom line: This film is [not of God]... My Ratings: [Extremely Offensive / 1]

--Pastor C St. John, age 30"

:loser: I bet this same pastor loved and promoted the Chronicles of Narnia. Which is full of witches, magic spells, and secret worlds.. Most Christians loved it but in the same breath would denounce wonderful Potter as satanic and evil for the same reasons, :Wendywhatever:

It's a fictional book!

You know Christians can't recoginize a fictional book when they see it.

I looked through more reviews on the site and I find that not EVERY review on there was all 'Ohh! It has language, it's bad!' to my delight. Some were actually very insightful. Here's a man, for example, who thought outside the box:

(on 8 Mile)

"This is one of the best movies I have seen in a very long time. I went back 3 times. While there are a lot of vulgarities, and 3 sex scenes, this movie really portrays what life is like in some parts of the world. I think instead of looking at this movie and saying how offensive it is, look at it in Rabbit's point of view. If it's all he knows, how can you blame him? Don't shoot off at the mouth saying how bad the movie was, admire Eminem for crossing over into the big screen world and making it. This movie in the first weekend pulled in over 54.5 million dollars. That means its the second highest watched movie. The first was Hannibal. I admire Eminem for all his success and his genious lyrics of his songs, no matter how disturbing they are. The man has a God-given talent, if we'd like to acknowledge that or not. I would recommend this movie to anyone who can look beyond the cultural genre of this movie and see it for the true meaning of the movie. We can do whatever we want. It's just who do we want to help us get there. My Ratings: [Very Offensive / 5]

--Josh, age 19"

:clap:

A Christian movie review site that's incredibly biased?

No SHIT. That's so not surprising that it isn't even funny...

I love your sarcasm LadyFeline. I don't go to xian websites because I don't believe in them anymore and anything they say now just sounds utterly ridiculous, whereas before I took it as the gospel truth.

I bet you any money that they look other way with all the violence in Passion of the Christ.

I think we should set up our own movie critic website, and review Christian movies. "Ex-xtianeyesxtianflix.com" or some such name. Do recent movies such as "The Passion", "Narnia" and especially (gak) "Left Behind". We could also do older films; I think the Billy Graham Association funded a few movies, and I can recall seeing some bad ones at church with an end-of-the-world-are-you-saved-and-ready theme. Who wants to volunteer?

Good idea, but I think the url would need some thinking about.

"I'm sorry but this film is completely anti-christian. Not only does it not have anything at all to do with God but it promotes such acts as divination, necromancy, incantations and other occultic practices, and such behaviour like lying, cheating, stealing and other bad behaviours that kids will imitate

Seems like the pastor know a little too much about the occult. Can only be explained by his long time experience and practice of it.

Ya Know, I Find The Movie Review Site, Christiananswers.net To Be Unbelievably Biased

:Doh: Really? Ya think?

You are wrong. This site is very believably biased.

Do you think that maybe your finding concerning the bias of the site reflects any of your bias?

Just saying remember the log in your own eye before trying to poke at the log in theirs.

everytime i go over to one of my friends house I read pluggedin-i don't know why but i like to make myself mad by reading it.

I don't think that they even bother thinking about actual quality of the movies etc. they are just looking for what matches their religion.

hehe what do you expect though

I used to read throught that. Yeah, a lot of it is quite funy stuff. the best fun is to look for the movies rated "offensive" or worse. Cracks me up!

Having said that, if it doesn't happen to offend Christian sensibilities, the reviews are often good. And even in films "offensive" or worse, they do often also add fair details of plot, acting, etc.

Harry Potter is my favourite part. But if you do look at their review for "Harry Potter: Witchcraft Repackaged", you'll see that some of the coments on it are quite sensible - ie, "Are you nuts? What is this incredible crap about Harry Potter being evil?" and "Listen, whatever you may think it takes more to doing evil magic than shouting "Liftus Broomstickus."