Goodbye Jesus

Stupid Roomies And Jesus Pimps

Kurari

Hi all, I'm new, and I have to rant about something that happened yesterday. I live in a house with five other roommates and I was getting ready for a friend to come over yesterday morning when some JW's showed up on the doorstep. My roommate answered the door and the JW's started their spiel. What does he do? He starts getting into a freakin' debate with them through the screen door!

Why, why, WHY do people assume that Jesus Pimps give a shit what we think anymore than we care about what they think? I'm sure I'm in good company here when I say that I find prostelization extremely obscene, and I think trying to do it BACK to Jesus Pimps on their own is about as bad as the fact they come soliciting in the first place.

This goes on about five minutes with the idiotic circular arguments, and I'm getting more and more pissed off. I finally go to the door and take over the conversation telling them thank you, NO, goodBYE and shut the door in their faces.

What happens? My other roomie (first roomie's gay partner) starts railing at me that I had no right to do that and I totally crossed the line. Not that I got rid of the JW's, but that his partner had the right to talk to them!

What. The. Fuck.

If he wants to talk to them, he can go down to their Hall and debate with them on his own turf. Our front porch is NOT the place to be getting into religious debate with strangers. That goes double when we have guests coming at any moment. And lastly, proselytizers are like cockroaches, you get RID of them at first sign or they just keep coming back! Not to mention since I'm the one who works from home part of the time, I'll be the one getting interrupted when they start coming TWICE a week.

I tried to smack stupid roomies with a Clue x Four, but they still forget they aren't the only ones living here.

Thanks for letting me get that off my chest. Lord, save me from your followers.

I completely get it. It sounds like your roomies like debating and getting into arguments with fundies. I'd be frustrated too, I wouldn't like mormons, xians, or jws coming to my house either. Frankly I'd never open the door even if it was obvious I was home.

Yes, your roomies need to realize that you live there too and don't feel the need to have a serious debate going on at the front door step.

They could have easily taken it down the hall OR invited the Jehovah's Witnesses in doors.

My mom used to do that, and she is as devout as they come. The JW's still believed that she was going to rot in hell even though she believes in Jesus too.

It is so insane. Whenever I see them come to the neighborhood I turn off the lights and wait until they are out of sight.

I just hate religious debates. No one wins. Each person just walks away with the same point of view.

I wouldn't have ever opened the door either. You're right they give a shit less about we think

and debate would be futile. I don't think what your roommate did was just as bad as what the JW's

do though. The difference being the JW's came to your abode. They violated your space.

Although it's not my style, if someone has the temperment and time, why not hand it back to

them? To me it would not be right to seek them out and violate their space to spread the word

of reason. If you believe these people will come back frequently, you may want to reach

an agreement with your roomies as to how you will handle it. Don't let those JW fuckers cause

conflict in your home. They are not worth it.

I would have been mad at you too.

I hate to miss oportunities to screw with a christian's mind, especially the pimp sort.

Next time just suggest that they take it elsewhere than the front door before you slam it.

I would have been mad at you too.

I hate to miss oportunities to screw with a christian's mind, especially the pimp sort.

Next time just suggest that they take it elsewhere than the front door before you slam it.

I agree. I don't really see what the big deal is.

On the other hand, welcome to ExC!