Goodbye Jesus

Satanic Thoughts

kellyb

Well, I must be nearing the end of my deconversion. It no longer freaks me out to think "that's what satan would say/think".

Like, thinking humans are really about as godlike as it gets. (not good at being god, mind you, but the closest thing out there.)

Or that it is us who determine the meaning of our life.

That whole "pride before the fall" theology really is a good trick. The most logical conclusions are labeled thoroughly evil, "satan's logic", so you stay away.

Off topic, but I'm also starting feel a strange sense of connectedness with those early doubters who Paul went off on.

Remember that part in the Bible where he was addressing the question "So, if God hardened Pharaoh's heart, why did He blame Pharaoh for having a hard heart?"...and Paul pretty much told them "Stop asking stupid questions!!!"

:lmao:

Pretty funny to think that 2,000 years ago people were asking the same questions that are leading people to deconvert today.

...and getting the same stupid answers, too, from Paul's theological descendants.

Indeed - anything that encourages questioning or criticism of Xian dogmas is considered "of the devil" and hence "satanic." That's how they can get away with accusing us all of devil-worship, since all our thoughts are critical of Xianity, and hence must be satanic in origin :Wendywhatever: