Goodbye Jesus

Hello

Guest Catholic

Guest Catholic

As you can guess i am a Catholic, I am also on my way to the Priesthood. I am also an ex-Atheist of the Nietzsche flavor. I hope to be able to engauge you guys in discussion but right now i have to Study for the SAT's. (Going back to school is so much Fun) pray for me [yes i am joking have some humor]. Please remember i am open for discussion but one topic at a time.

As you can guess i am a Catholic, I am also on my way to the Priesthood. I am also an ex-Atheist of the Nietzsche flavor. I hope to be able to engauge you guys in discussion but right now i have to Study for the SAT's. (Going back to school is so much Fun) pray for me [yes i am joking have some humor]. Please remember i am open for discussion but one topic at a time.

Here's a topic I'm very curious about.

Why do christians go to the trouble of registering and joining our merry band, only to explain that they can't talk right now? A lot of christians do this.

:twitch:

I don't get it. Wouldn't it make more sense to join and talk when you aren't too busy to join and talk?

Welcome. I always happy to see a someone who seems genuine, and with a sense of humor to boot, that is interested in dialog. I look forward to exchanging thoughts with you.

Guest Catholic

Here's a topic I'm very curious about.

Why do christians go to the trouble of registering and joining our merry band, only to explain that they can't talk right now? A lot of christians do this.

:twitch:

I don't get it. Wouldn't it make more sense to join and talk when you aren't too busy to join and talk?

I did not find this Forum by mistake, i was invited by skepticofBible. he asked me to Join so i did.

Welcome Catholic.

Quite interesting to get a gonna-be-priest here. :)

Well, let the question begin!

Are you very upset over the DaVinci Code movie?

Welcome Catholic.

Don't bother Han. He's a freak. Read my response to his posts over here http://www.ex-christian.net/index.php?s=&s...ndpost&p=180764

Guest Catholic

Welcome Catholic.

Hey Han Good movie (no not the Da Vinci Code) i read the book but havent seen the movie to DVC yet. am i upset? well i would be ok if all he said was that Jesus was married that i could handle, but considering that he is intellectually dishonest (I Hate when people are intellectually dishonest) yes im quite upset with it. he starts by introducing what he claims to be a fact page that only contains half truth (even his discription of art and buildings are wrong). to boot he says that Jesus was "just a prophet" and that was the belief of the early Church. as someone who has studied the Early Church Fathers and will do so more in my upcoming training for my vocation this is historically inaccurate (major fan of history that is part of what drew me to Christianity and why i rejected protestantism). then you move to his false claim about constintine, has anyone ever wondered why hes not St. Constintine? although he is considered a Saint in the Eastern rights (Orthodox) in the West we dont exactly count him among our top choices. The council of Nicea had nothing to do with the Canon of Scripture (that was carthage and hippo and before that the first council of Rome which is said to have been aproved by Pope Damisus I), the "Close vote" that he talks about was so close that it was 289 to 2. i have never seen such a close vote in my life how about you? The historical errors alone are enough to make me puke, and dislike the book.

But besides that (and this is where you really should not have asked me about what i thought of DVC) being a writer myself, it was a horrible piece of shit that i would not let my dog barf on. (did i use strong enough language to get my point across?) i want to slap those who call it a "literary masterpiece" no it was crap shear crap. the writing is horrible, the Characters show constant inconsistancies. you cant follow the story because he bounces around too much for you to really know what is going on. and best of all the constant contradictions in the book make it impossible to enjoy. i will not give you a full book review because its not worth my time, but i will assure you i am qualified to do so, i was reading Romeo and Juliet in the seventh grade. i read Also Sprach Zarathustra by the time i was 19, i am in the process of writing a book. i may be Catholic but i agree with Nietzsche, teaching the common folk to read has ruined books. people want scandle they want news stand trash and they have forgotten History.

But besides that (and this is where you really should not have asked me about what i thought of DVC) being a writer myself
You are a writer? Could have fooled me. Case in point
he starts by introducing what he claims to be a fact page that only contains half truth (even his discription of art and buildings are wrong).
I guess you rely heavily on proof readers. I agree with Antler's assesment, total freak. Who would have thought that a fundy that at first seemed genuine turned out to be crazy :rolleyes: Have fun at church dude.

Guest Catholic
Don't bother Han. He's a freak. Read my response to his posts over here http://www.ex-christian.net/index.php?s=&s...ndpost&p=180764

That's enough for me to know this dude is a loon. :mellow:

Darn! And I had a really good question about early Catholicism, too. :Doh:

Start with the Didache its normally where i tell people to go, either that or the 7 short letters of Ignatious.

That's enough for me to know this dude is a loon. :mellow:

Darn! And I had a really good question about early Catholicism, too. :Doh:

Start with the Didache its normally where i tell people to go, either that or the 7 short letters of Ignatious.
I've done my share of research into Catholicism, and many other religions for that matter. I've read letters upon letters and books upon books on the subject.

Some of the most "profound" writings are not the ones readily available or popular. The letters and writings that are most telling about the religion are the ones where the leaders pride themselves on the amount of riches and power that they get simply by upholding what they know to be a deception. And how they mock the populace who begs for more of the deception.

You probably won't learn of those in priestschool, but they're out there.

Then he'll probably never read them.

If they're not officially sanctioned by the Catholic Church, then they either don't exist, weren't written by "true" Catholics, or are apostate, heretical material.

Duh, Fwee! :HaHa:

:mellow:

I can see you when you're naked. :mellow:

The cat's outta the bag...Fwee's Santa Claus.

Guest Catholic

Then he'll probably never read them.

If they're not officially sanctioned by the Catholic Church, then they either don't exist, weren't written by "true" Catholics, or are apostate, heretical material.

Actually i have read a few documents along those lines (i like to know what im getting into before i get into it{i was not born and raised catholic but converted]) what do i have to say about those letters? well yes some of them are heretical but not because they boast about how much money they have, some of them were apostates (anglocain bishops are a great example), as for "true Catholics" we are not Protestants we dont say someone is not a "true Christian" to defend ourself. there is a difference between being a "true" Catholic and a "good" Catholic. were they true Catholics? yes were they good Catholics? no. as the Church says, the Church is made up of Sinners. what can i say?

Wow! Skip over much, do you? :Hmm:

:Wendywhatever:

If and when you finally become a priest, dear deluded one, send me the address of the church you'll be preaching at. I would love to sit in one of your benches and openly question you in front of the entire congregation during an actual mass.

I would love to expose you for the great liar that you are striving to become.

Wow! Skip over much, do you? :Hmm:

:Wendywhatever:

If and when you finally become a priest, dear deluded one, send me the address of the church you'll be preaching at. I would love to sit in one of your benches and openly question you in front of the entire congregation during an actual mass.

I would love to expose you for the great liar that you are striving to become.

Deluded is the best word to describe this individual. He won't make it to the priesthood. He is deluding himself he will become something he looks up to in his sore displeasure with his sinful sense of himself, beaten and trodden down through the years of the hell of his own mind. Sad soul. The priesthood is more cautious these days as to whom they admit into the ranks, as well they need be with the lawsuits against them. Catholic, you are a fraud. Get some help and leave us to better things.