Goodbye Jesus

Girls Only

Knightley

You're entering girl territory, if you're a dude....

you've been warned

So I was checking out Bitch magazine, I bought the issue to see what the mag was all about since I've never read it and on the back of the magazine, there was an ad for Luna Pads. They're pretty much washable cloth menstrual pads. :eek:

http://www.lunapads.com

Any why exactly would I want to waste my time washing when I could use the disposable version and throw them away?

This is the kind of thing people come up with when they try to convince us our world is overrun with icky landfills and waste product. It's not even true.

They are trying to use the same logic as the disposable diaper......except while a baby goes through about ten of those a day (and they are large enough to be a garment), a woman on her flow days may only go through two (if that) a day. Although it's hard for me to judge that, being regulated by the pill, I may only go through two pads and one pantyliner for the whole flow. So it's hard to really average pad use in a more general way. I just don't ask other women how many pads they usually go through.

Although I do have to admit that the patterns on the washable pads, while kitchey, could well seem highly aesthetic given the right mood. Sort of like the difference between using a paper napkin and a fine cloth napkin at the dinner table. I can see where it could very much affect a woman's perspective regarding menstration. Instead of an annoying and icky incovienience to be disposed of and forgotten, the experience becomes a time to get in touch with oneself, maybe reflect a little (while washing....kind of like the content zen experience I get while folding warm towels).

Hmm.

I guess I really can kind of see an appeal to washable pads.......but still more for someone else. I have other ways of getting in touch with my femaleness.

:HaHa: Raven, you frikkin' crack me up! :HaHa:

:grin:

There's also www.pandorapads.com, a company I started myself.

;)

I would never use a pad. I prefer Tampax brand tampons. They're very smooth and sanitary, and they are leak-proof, and they were invented by a man. Pads have wings, and they aren't as secure. I am an olympic swimmer -I can't afford to worry about my period..

I am an olympic swimmer -I can't afford to worry about my period..
I always wondered how women could swim while using those things without being split open like a piece of firewood. :scratch:

:HaHa:

I better go now. I'm gettin' tired. :grin:

I would never use a pad. I prefer Tampax™ brand tampons. They're very smooth and sanitary, and they are leak-proof, and they were invented by a man. Pads have wings, and they aren't as secure. I am an olympic swimmer -I can't afford to worry about my period..

Are you sure you're a man?

:lmao:

Yeah I gotta get some zzs too. :HappyCry:

I've heard of these before. The idea doesn't phase me all that much. I mean, yeah it's kinda disgusting to have to wash your bloody maxis all the time, but over a span of a few years, it could very well be a money saving option (pads are so expensive).

All in all, not that bad an idea, albeit not suitable for every woman.

Well, fortunately I've gotten through to menopause with sanity relatively intact, but in my young and poor days I sometimes made my own version of this product with washcloth and safety pins.

But cloth pads are old news -- Perhaps not the Luna variety, but they've been out there for at least 20 years. Also some sponge thingamajig, too.

Oddly enough I've been known to do something like this too, with soft cotton floursack towels (folded many times) and a safety pin. But then I have rather sensitive skin and sometimes an actual rag was nicer on my anatomy than the papery or plasticky manufactured pads...

I'm currently a fan of just taking the Pill without bothering with the placebo week, and hence eliminating the need for any kind of Feminine Hygiene Product™ entirely.

But that's just me.