Goodbye Jesus

Women In The Ministry

Guest Kelleee

Guest Kelleee

If there were more women in the ministry to you think God would take on different aspects? Do you think there would be less fundamentalism? Do you think there will be a time when there are very few men in the ministry?

If there were more women in the ministry to you think God would take on different aspects? Do you think there would be less fundamentalism? Do you think there will be a time when there are very few men in the ministry?

I think it would be great if the christian church stopped seeing god as a 'man' and embraced the divine feminine too. I think women can make good priests, bishops etc. I see that maybe the church will split. The fundamentalists will go their way, and the more progreesive wing will go theirs. Women may be leaders in this more progressive wing....who knows??

I think it would depend of the women, not the ministry.

The Catholic Church has Extraordinary Ministers of The Eucharist, female Numinaries <sp?> in Opeus Dei, and nuns, but that doesn't change the conservative character of the Church.

Concerned Women for America is made up of fundamentalist women. No change from the "fire and brimstone" rhetoric.

I don't believe that gender has any impact on the orthodoxy or hetrodoxy of the person. Women and men can be just as liberal/conservative, fundamentalist/freethinking, or whatever.

I beleive there will be fewer Catholic priests because of the marriage prohibition, but I think that in many of the Protestant denominations, we will not see a decline.

It's too lucrative. :wicked:

On the other hand, I don't know. I've had two women preachers or wannabe preachers ranting to me about gays. For example, the church I was forced to grow up in has a woman pastor. And she of late began to do really mean-spirited anti-gay sermons. "I'm not going to co-sign homosexuality!"

That's one of the reasons I left church. And then I have a co-worker, a minister in training, who is also anti-gay. That just pisses me off. In most Christian denominations, a woman wouldn't even be allowed to preach. Some even don't like it when women TALK in church.

The ironic thing about both of these women is that they're single, and without children (and not necessarily young people). So some of the backbiting gossipers in their congregations might even accuse them of being homosexual themselves.

-Seth

Concerned Women for America is made up of fundamentalist women.

Since when?

I think it's pretty freakin annoying when people try to imply that women are somehow better than men.

Men and Women in the end are human beings. Ever hear of Lizzie Borden? She was a woman who murdered her father and stepmother, she wasn't convicted or sent to jail because the police and the law back in her time didn't believe that women were capable of doing such horrendous crimes. But women are just as bad as men, to say that women would never start wars, would never commit human atrocities against mankind is just naive.

My mom and her friends talk about how the world would be a better place if women were in charge, well I don't think so. We'd still have human nature to deal with, poverty, atrocities all over the globe, and other numerous diseases and problems. I think that we need contributions from both men and women, because we miss out on a lot if we just omit one sex from opportunities and priviliges.

I think it's pretty freakin annoying when people try to imply that women are somehow better than men.

Well, it's obvious that you men couldn't survive without us, so we must be superior somehow :shrug:

I think it would be great if the christian church stopped seeing god as a 'man' and embraced the divine feminine too. I think women can make good priests, bishops etc. I see that maybe the church will split. The fundamentalists will go their way, and the more progreesive wing will go theirs. Women may be leaders in this more progressive wing....who knows??

Don't the fastest growing wings of fundamentalist/evangelical Christianity already support female leadership in some form? Maybe somebody better informed than I can shed light, but don't denominations such as the Assemblies of God support female leadership in the church?

I agree, and I'm a woman!!

but anyways-isn't it against the bible rules to have women in the ministry?

Well, it's obvious that you men couldn't survive without us, so we must be superior somehow :shrug:

They wouldn't be born without us either. :HaHa:

Women may be leaders in this more progressive wing....who knows??

We do. :)

dr-margot-kaessmann.jpg

This is Bishop Margot Käßmann, in charge of Nethersaxony's Lutheran church. ;)

(Sorry couldn't resist... the thought that a fundie may see this page and puke at the very thought of this picture being true is just too tempting... :pureevil: )

And just how would you survive without us? (I'm talking births here.)

That's what I thought.

Now shut the hell up woman, and go do some dishes or something. :mellow:

:cunn:

:HaHa:

would you want her barefoot and pregnant too fwee?

:lmao:

would you want her barefoot and pregnant too fwee?

:lmao:

Not really. But it would be nice if she could learn to do the dishes while she's bent over. That way, she could "kill two birds with one stone" so to speak. :wicked:

I've met a lot of fundie xtians who are women - funny how so many women embrace a belief system which advocates treating women like shit

I don't think the church will be tolerant or inclusive with female leadership. It will be the samething just under a different gender.

Most fundamentalist women are just as homophobic, sexist, and as racist(in some cases)as their male counterparts.

It is their source material(the holy babble)not the gender that makes it impossible to be with church.

That is why I choose to define my own belief in a higher being.

HOWEVER, I think Unitarian churches are a step in the right direction. But fundies believe they are going to burn because they don't hate gay people.

I've met a lot of fundie xtians who are women - funny how so many women embrace a belief system which advocates treating women like shit

I think fundie women just simply ignore those verses. Or attempt to say they arent being translated literally.

While were on this, Id like to see the day that a female becomes POPE. That would be awesome. I wonder if that even possible ?

Men and Women in the end are human beings. Ever hear of Lizzie Borden? She was a woman who murdered her father and stepmother, she wasn't convicted or sent to jail because the police and the law back in her time didn't believe that women were capable of doing such horrendous crimes. But women are just as bad as men, to say that women would never start wars, would never commit human atrocities against mankind is just naive.

^^^^^

agreed. Its best to just stay away from gender wars altogether and admit that were all human for a change. Even the court system still seems to hasvea bias on what men and women would and wouldnt do, which is really sad IMO.

Wow, one takes a big ole bag of garden variety bullshavings, mold it in to a brick shape, and then coat it with gold spraypaint...

No matter how pretty it shines, it is STILL B U L L S H I T.

Who cares what sportscaster is promoting the crap from the bully pupit?

the freekin' message is still the same bullshit, different day, different channel....

Who cares who or what is saying what message? Message itself is corrupt and not_right.

I don't care of the Flying Doberman Brothers Anual Festival Ballhounds get up and lick their nuts while preaching the sectarian bullshittings..

It may be entertaining, but necessary?

No..

kL

If there were more women in the ministry to you think God would take on different aspects?

Of course. The concept of the Christian God has changed over thousands of years and the concept will continue to change, but I would be just as unwilling to accept the vividness of women over that of men, because I know who created whom.

Do you think there would be less fundamentalism?

Hell no. Women are every bit as bigoted as men; the only thing that would differ is the kind of bigotry displayed.

Do you think there will be a time when there are very few men in the ministry?

I don't pay enough attention to the ministry to notice a trend, but I'll take your word for it.

My comment: women can no more transmute shit into pearls than men. A turd is a turd. It doesn't matter whether it was Helen of Troy or Odysseus who placed their respective samples on my plate. It's inedible either way.

^^^^^

agreed. Its best to just stay away from gender wars altogether and admit that were all human for a change. Even the court system still seems to hasvea bias on what men and women would and wouldnt do, which is really sad IMO.

Yeah the law is very biased especially in cases where a woman is the obvious pedophile, but she usually receives a lighter sentence and is let go quicker. The media, society and the law don't like to call women pedophiles and perverts, but that's what they really are especially when they seduce young men who are under 18. Its sick and perverted, no matter what sex a person may be.

Ever hear of Lizzie Borden?

Lizzie Borden took an axe

She gave her mother forty whacks

When she saw what she had done

She gave her father forty-one

Just remembered that tune. It was a common jump rope song back in the fifth grade.

But seriously,

Men and Women in the end are human beings. But women are just as bad as men, to say that women would never start wars, would never commit human atrocities against mankind is just naive.

^^^^^

Yeah the law is very biased especially in cases where a woman is the obvious pedophile, but she usually receives a lighter sentence and is let go quicker. The media, society and the law don't like to call women pedophiles and perverts, but that's what they really are especially when they seduce young men who are under 18. Its sick and perverted, no matter what sex a person may be.

I absolutely agree. If there's one thing that makes me sick to my stomach its how some women claim equality then demand special treatment. I have always stated that I belive all child molestors should get the death penalty, and that goes for the women pedophiles also.

In the DaVinci Code, it annoyed me that it implied that only men were capable of wars and such due to "testosterone" or something along those lines (thats what I understood). Ever heard of Nur Jahal, the wife of the Indian emperor Jahangir? She seized power in his last years of rule by grinding up and putting opium into his food and drink, making him too weak to rule. Or Catharine the Great (husband and son murdered)? I heard this one story about a Mongolian woman (i forget who excatly, but she was part of the royal family). As punishment for treason, she had her own son, his pregnant wife and about a hundred other people buried alive.

I actually was in barnes and noble the other day, I saw this book titled: "The 10 Most Evil Women in Wolrd History" or something like that. I think i'll go back and read it.

Oh, yeah, almost forgot. I almost hope the church never allows women in the ministry, just so it shows its true colors as a bigoted, unchanging pain of the face of the planet. Maybe more people will come to their senses.

To Lady Feline:

This was taken from the Concerned Women of America web site:

Statement of Faith

We believe the Bible to be the verbally inspired, inerrant Word of God and the final authority on faith and practice.

We believe Jesus Christ is the divine Son of God, was born of a virgin, lived a sinless life, died a sacrificial death, rose bodily from the dead on the third day and ascended into Heaven from where He will come again to receive all believers unto Himself.

We believe all men are fallen creations of Adam's race and in need of salvation by grace through personal faith in the Lord Jesus Christ.

We believe it is our duty to serve God to the best of our ability and to pray for a moral and spiritual revival that will return this nation to the traditional values upon which it was founded.

Sounds pretty fundy to me...

I was actually responding to the "women" part in "fundamentalist women". I know they're Fundie fucknuts.

But it's been pretty widely circulated that there's nary a "woman" among them...