Goodbye Jesus

Competition? = Evil & God?

NimbusBirdMgp

If anyone knew me as a Kid. I had the most opitmistic outlook on life and thought I would find everything I wanted in life.

That turned out not to be true. I just realized life is 'Competition'. And the more I have to deal with 'Competition'. The more it iritates me, because it demands more than good in life requires of it. And this too? If I assume there to be a God. Competition = Evil to me. If God wants everything in Life to Compete for what it wants. Then I have to figure it this way: Competition = Evil. That means God = Evil.

Certainly there isn't these gals coming by in my life the way I like it to be, to even manage anything accordingly. What is wrong with this Jerk = God if it exist?

At this point even if I think there is likely for a God to exist, I find too much evil existing to justify a Loving and concerned God.

I see the Christian God as ancient people that felt at getting others in a scapegoating masochism for offering this guilt humilation to follow the cult. This only makes me think of such a God as pathatic as competition is in our sources of survival. And this = Evil! There isn't a Devil. This is more scapegoating for this evil Bastard in the Universe!

I hate using all-inclusive statements 'this always equals that'.

Competition has it's place, and can be very good if used correctly. Making everything a competition, now that is bad.

Reminds me of something called the "lie of not enough" where people get the idea that there is no enough of something (love, power, etc.) so they end up with unnecessary competitions to get it. And I totally agree with you Eponymic. Competition can be good if used properly.

I hate using all-inclusive statements 'this always equals that'.

Competition has it's place, and can be very good if used correctly. Making everything a competition, now that is bad.

Then accepted in my situation. Cause it is! In my situation!

Competition inside freindship is sick, it just kills the freindship. I never liked competition inside relationships. I can see where it's useful in other places though.

:eek: If we didn't have competition, we wouldn't have sports.

And what about competition in the market place?

Competition is one of the things which drives us to pursue excellence.

... Knowing me. I don't like Sports. And I can see this is why.

... In the market place it does iritates me also. I hate the way this world goes about consumerism.

... Having a disability that keeps me from getting that excellence, is like someone saying... "You can live in Hell!" Thanks a lot!

... Having a disability that keeps me from getting that excellence, is like someone saying... "You can live in Hell!" Thanks a lot!

NBM, I can understand what you are saying. I didn't know that you have a disability so I hope you'll forgive my response if it sounded insensitive. That was not my intention at all.

I define excellence as the result(s) obtained doing the best one can with what one has to work with. Using that as a definition, all of us are able to achieve excellence in one area or another.

Like you, I dislike the rampant materialism I see around me. I don't participate in it, choosing to live a simpler, less complicated life.

... I think I wanted to get at a 'Root' case here. That 'Competition' is something I find is a big foundation that has been established in this world. To show that the many aspects of 'Competition' has been the way this world has been operating by the many affairs that make up such things for us as Culture, Politics, Lifestyles, Survival and Religion.

As with Politics (?) I find an irrony here. I don't see excellence in a Canadate who makes President. I think some of the most excellent Canadate's loose this type of 'Competition'. So I don't agree that it works for better excellence. It to me only allows those who can be more dominate and ruthless to make top statis and gain things.

My dealing with grammer is a handicap for me. My single Posts can take me an hour to make on these message board Forums. Nobody will see that I can make more than 2 in a half hour. Unless they are something very short and simple for me. I read really slow also. I'm very slow in doing things. And to expect for me to be at a pace to achieve something in life's competition to something. I find is discriminating. Also am very shy, introverted and receptable to great distress with anxiety and stress. I don't care to compete. I just want to have a 'Passion' in life, than having this 'Power' people strive for.

I want to find a great looking chick, gal or whatever you want to call a woman female. To accept me for a 'Passion' for living. Not this 'Power' for living.

I have learned something else from this Public Broadcasting Station here in Sacramento, California. When the local station aired a local program from San Francisco State... Quote ...

< Dean August Coppola – School of Creative Arts – San Francisco State *

< Since:  ? 1990 *  ~ * ~ The Difference Between Power & Passion… ~ * ~

< … “ … In Italian Culture…  Ah?  There is this Statement… 

… That in … (You know…) We get a Grape and we squeeze it…

… And we get Wine! We then take the Wine and then squeeze it…

… And then we get Cognac!  We then get the Cognac and we then… 

… squeeze it and get the Guards!  We squeeze the Guards…

… and get kicked in the Head and we get Tragedy!

…    So Life is always a  R I S K !  And  PASSION is the term of that RISK!

… Today unfortunately.  Because many young people don’t have

… models for PASSION  … or … they’re … they’re embarrassed by their

… own feelings, dreams and the rest… (Of anything else.) 

… They have S U B S T I T U T E D for PASSION … >< P O W E R !

… I would like to see … Ah? A return to envirnoment cultivating

… PASSION.  Then allow the kids in school to… “Sing”, … and “Scream”,

… … and “Yell”, … and “Paint” … and “Make Things”!

… Don’t make them conform so quickly!  Don’t Say… “Don’t Touch!”,

… “Don’t Talk!”, “Don’t Think!” 

… They do say… “Don’t Think!” 

… Ah? And what happens is when you have stripped them down. 

… When you have taken their Birth right from them.

… The only thing that makes them feel big again…   

… Is P O W E R ! Where as in PASSION…

… You feel bigger than Life! Opera is bigger than Life!

… Music is bigger than Life! Art is bigger than Life!

…  And there is that Enormous feeling of being swelled up with energy. *

… And I find that most people who are involved with POWER.

… Don’t understand what it is.  And what they are really looking for 

… is Control! In Essence the whole nature of Bureaucracy! 

… Bureaucracy Hates PASSION! Bureaucracy Hates LIFE! 

… It really does! It says… Its going to further it.

… But what it really does is it says… “NO!” “NO!” “NO!” 

… So Committing Life in my mind, is really Committing Life

… with PASSION!  And in the Beauty of that PASSION … 

… It doesn’t Explode!  It isn’t like Lust!

… What it does is…  It Shapes!  It Creates!

… And Ultimately It Creates more Life!  … … …” … >

(Still don't think Lust is a bad thing.)