Jump to content

Medical Miracles


xrayman7040
 Share

Recommended Posts

I've worked in a large busy hospital for many years and have taken care of many patients who professed to me that fact that they are still alive is nothing short of a miracle. I recently worked with the first patient I have ever met who has survived liver cancer. Was this truly a miralce? In my little Michigan town a very popular high school athelete was involved in a terrible car accident earlier in the year. The doctors gave him little chance of survival, yet he eventually left the hospital and returned to school. Although these stories are remarkable, they are not miracles.

 

I read a great bit about so called medical miracles. It stated that all events that many consider medical miracles are just highly unlikely, yet statistally possible outcomes. If someone is given a .1% of surviving something, that means one in a thousand will survive. To that one person who is lucky enough to make those numbers possible, it is indeed a miracle, yet not in the Biblical sense.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

f someone is given a .1% of surviving something, that means one in a thousand will survive. To that one person who is lucky enough to make those numbers possible, it is indeed a miracle, yet not in the Biblical sense.

 

Yeah, that about sums it up. If they were given a 70% chance of survival, then 30% of those people died, no matter who they had praying for them. Bummer for them.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines.