Goodbye Jesus

What the?

crazy-tiger

I've been playing with a Christian on Weirdcrap.com...

Some of you may know of him, he goes by the name GADFLY.

At the moment, he's making a shit load of claims and assertions without bothering to provide any proof.

I called him on this and informed him that it doesn't matter how many times he asserts something, you need to back it up with some proof...

His reply to that?

GADFLY:

No matter how many times you assert it, you need to back THAT up with some proof

Is it just me, or is there one HUGE problem with that? (or just a huge problem with this twit? :HaHa: )

This is one of the reasons why I've been putting together a paper about the most basic foundations of epistemology. Because people ask stupid-ass questions like that including "Well why do I have to believe in the Law of Non-Contradiction? HUH?"

Isn't Gadfly Goldstein?

If it is, he's doing a damn good job of keeping his personas seperate...

I think that Gadfly is a less polished version of Manata. (it's incredible just how identical their arguments are...)

People THAT stupid are the kind that I feel no sympathy towards- whatsoever.

Gadfly is the reason I don't enjoy WC as much as I use to. He ruins any topic by turning it into a flame war.

This is one of the reasons why I've been putting together a paper about the most basic foundations of epistemology.  Because people ask stupid-ass questions like that including "Well why do I have to believe in the Law of Non-Contradiction?  HUH?"

Good god, are there some people who actually wonder why they have to believe that the Law of Non-Contradiction is valid? I would've thought that Aristotelian logic is more or less self-evident once you understand it.

Matthew

It's my opinion that it takes an act of sheer desperation in order to actually abandon logic in order to justify theism, as Manata and his ilk have.

It's my opinion that it takes an act of sheer desperation in order to actually abandon logic in order to justify theism, as Manata and his ilk have.

Well, they're basically believers in irrationalism and mysticism, even if they know it or not.

This is one of the reasons why I've been putting together a paper about the most basic foundations of epistemology.  Because people ask stupid-ass questions like that including "Well why do I have to believe in the Law of Non-Contradiction?  HUH?"

Oh my. :HappyCry: Oh my :HappyCry:

Good god, are there some people who actually wonder why they have to believe that the Law of Non-Contradiction is valid? I would've thought that Aristotelian logic is more or less self-evident once you understand it.

Matthew

To me, there is no such thing as mind-body dualism outside of materialism. The material univerise encapsulates all in other words.

If you can't presume atomism (which is a silly and unnecessary thing to do in itself) then you have no way to even make a metaphisical claim to begin with.

Christ, I should be working.

Sorry.

I just dont feel like it.