Goodbye Jesus

Anal Retention On

Asimov

So I'm on these Ayn Rand forums asking some questions about randian objectivism and I receive this pm from the administrator to:

1. Stop the constant bolding (fuck).

2. If I'm quoting multiple people to put their names there....big fucking deal.

3. Pay "special attention" to spelling and grammar. What they actually want me to do is ALWAYS capitalize Ayn Rand, Miss Rand, Rand, Objectivism, Randian Objectivism.

I'm kind of getting the idea about what people call "Randroids". They call it proper respect for Miss Rand, I call it fanatical bullshit. Get a life.

Goodbye Jesus

I've mentioned this before, Shermer outlined why he believes the Rands are a cult. This does not necessarily mean that all they espouse is bs, just that the org is very cult-like in their elevation of Ayn.

Ah! Fun with Fanatics....good for you!

I like to poke sticks at Nisch-i- ites.

Philospher's - (stone me dead)......methinks they make for a dummy (pacifier) replacement for the Jebus god .......but who am I to judge?

I'm being very 'subjective'...andperhaps subjective....while that PM reads very like a conflict waiting to happen...

(not very liberal of them is it)..and stiff shit for your 'indepence' and 'liberty'..........haha

Bold..for ucks sake!

Well, it seems that upholding someone above them like that goes against their very idea of Objectivism, but that could be me. They sure take "respect" to the extreme.

I joined a model-kit building forum one time and they were pretty strict on their members' proper use of punctuation and grammar. :shrug:

Guest Shiva H. Vishnu

Don't ever spell "pee" as "pea" on an adult watersports forum. The vegetarians there will give you hell and you'll get at least a dozens PMs asking about green urine and should they see a doctor. Just a tip.

So I'm on these Ayn Rand forums asking some questions about randian objectivism and I receive this pm from the administrator to:

1. Stop the constant bolding (fuck).

2. If I'm quoting multiple people to put their names there....big fucking deal.

3. Pay "special attention" to spelling and grammar. What they actually want me to do is ALWAYS capitalize Ayn Rand, Miss Rand, Rand, Objectivism, Randian Objectivism.

I'm kind of getting the idea about what people call "Randroids". They call it proper respect for Miss Rand, I call it fanatical bullshit. Get a life.

Sounds like general good manners to me. What's with the constant bolding, anyways?

Aynal retentive?

Ah. Objectivists.

Yah, I avoid their type. Objectivism is a piss poor philosophy, and a lot of those who follow it are in-your-face windbags.

Sounds like general good manners to me. What's with the constant bolding, anyways?

I fucking like to!!! :vent:

Objectivists tend to be overly pedantic and so insecure that they're

constantly trying to impress you with their intellectualism. It puzzles

me why Any Rand would attract followers like that; love her or hate

her, she was always pretty headstrong and self-assured. She would

probably be appalled at the kind of devotees that she's attracted

these days.

Fuck Rand and fuck her psuedo-intellectual justification for being a complete and utter prick. Fuck them Asimov.

Bold all you want. I always thought you did it so it would be easier to find your posts as you scoll through. Never bothered me a bit.