Goodbye Jesus

There should be a law.

Guest Zoe Grace

Guest Zoe Grace

There should be a rule, that you cannot just spam the boards with stupidity and then refuse to respond to replies.

If you are a christian and you sit all smug posting your big questions you are so sure will stump us...we waste good time out of our lives to read and respond...then you ignore all of our responses only to start the cycle again with a new post somewhere else...you should not be allowed on this board.

You know who you are. You need to finish up one discussion before starting a new one... None of us particularly care for your hit and run post tactics, only to start a new post about something completely different and start the process again.

:Wendywhatever::loser:

There should be a rule, that you cannot just spam the boards with stupidity and then refuse to respond to replies.

I agree that it's irritating when you spend time trying to argue with someone, and then you discover that you were talking to a wall.

But I'm not sure a law would help, it has to be enforced somewhy.

Maybe when you're new you shouldn't be allowed to open a new thread unless you have been participating in a certain number of debates and have done a number of posts. Showing that you're serious and want to discuss things, then it could be opened up to create new threads, but still at webmasters discretion if they're rude and non-responsive during the "trial-period".

We'd get a little bored without the wackos...come on, admit it!

I totally love them too, but maybe it shouldn't be allowed to start a new discussion until they proven that they want to discuss in one of the existing threads for say 10-15 posts. That way they prove thay want to have an exchange of ideas and not just a fly-by that want to snipe the site with same old questions. Plus, if we can see if their serious to want to engage in debate in a responsible manner, we can filter out the ones that actually responds to our questions.

Otherwise, I really want the ones that have crazy ideas, because they give you a chance to think through your answers, so you can resolve your own ideas and thoughts.

It's not a matter of excluding them, just to give them a chance to prove their honesty.

Well, you don't have to answer them.

But let's admit it, most of us read and/or get involved in those 20 page threads about nothing. Perhaps we enjoy the irritation? <--You guys are sick! :HaHa:

Ooh that's good.  We should have a posting minimum before creating your own threads...and it wouldn't even have to be a big one.  It's just most of these people start a bunch of threads acting like they want to engage but they just hit and run and move on to the next one...just flooding us with non-information like this somehow makes them winners of a debate.  Maybe if they just prayed harder. :vent:

:lol: That's funny! Let them ask God first, and then we can check with the Holy Ghost if it's ok or not... hum, the only problem, we won't get any answer so no one would get in...

Well, you don't have to answer them.

But let's admit it, most of us read and/or get involved in those 20 page threads about nothing.  Perhaps we enjoy the irritation?  <--You guys are sick!  :HaHa:

Maybe we have some kind of kinky pleasure in torturing ourself?

:fun:

Maybe we have some kind of kinky pleasure in torturing ourself?

:fun:

Residual Christian behavior

:crucified:

..ta think I thought "Fundy Crack" was a church_girl in hipster pants wearing a thong...

n

I know I do. :wicked:

Bring out the leash and handcuffs!

We should have a posting minimum before creating your own threads...

But then how are people going to say hi, ask questions, etc.? What if they don't want to debate at first, and just come for support or clarification on things?

But then how are people going to say hi, ask questions, etc.?  What if they don't want to debate at first, and just come for support or clarification on things?

They can still say hi, and post on some existing threads.

But the second thing, yup, true, if you just want to ask a question, then it can be problematic...

:fdevil:

I've also noticed that some members are (rightfully) annoyed and frustrated when a Christian does not respond to their posts and the arguments therein.

But think about it - sometimes, they could be up to 15 ex-christians making arguments and comments in the one topic against 1 Christian's posts. I do believe it is understandable that the one Christian cannot address everyone's posts immediately or cherry-picks that which they can answer.

So to be fair to both sides, why not try something like this:

I for one know that sometimes, I just want to make a comment without expecting a reply. For people who take time to write up their arguments and DO expect a reply addressing all their points, maybe they should attach a line at the end of their post to this effect: [Christian poster], please respond to my post, whereas others who only wishes to throw in an odd comment may omit this.

A Christian poster who has received such a request HAS to respond in the thread, even if it's just to say, "I will get back to you on this in [x] days".

However, should a Christian poster not live up to his promise and ignores 3 requests from the same person to comment, I say we enact Zoe's law and brand the Christian as cowardly hit-and-run posters who ought rightfully be ignored. Evidence to show that an ex-christian member's request for response has been ignored 3 times wouldn't be hard to show.

That seems to be fair to ex-christians who expect a reply for their efforts, and to Christians who are challenged by many ex-christians at the same time.

:shrug: Could this work?

Well thoughtfully laid suggestions, Kay.

I second.

However, should a Christian poster not live up to his promise and ignores 3 requests from the same person to comment, I say we enact Zoe's law and brand the Christian as cowardly hit-and-run posters who ought rightfully be ignored. Evidence to show that an ex-christian member's request for response has been ignored 3 times wouldn't be hard to show.

I think this is a good idea.

Well, that way, at least they can't claim that they were swarmed with ex-christian bullies who didn't give them a chance to respond and thereby claim victory by default and what not.

Plus, it's not difficult to police. Surely if an ex-christian has been ignored three times after giving sufficient notice to the christian whom they intend to debate/engage in convo, we have better justification to yell "Troll!" until the sun goes down?

I for one know that sometimes, I just want to make a comment without expecting a reply. For people who take time to write up their arguments and DO expect a reply addressing all their points, maybe they should attach a line at the end of their post to this effect: [Christian poster], please respond to my post, whereas others who only wishes to throw in an odd comment may omit this.

A Christian poster who has received such a request HAS to respond in the thread, even if it's just to say, "I will get back to you on this in [x] days".

I think it's a great idea.