Goodbye Jesus

My Christian Ex-roomie.

Guest JP

1) He claims that there is an Age of Accountability and that the verse is "somewhere in Revelations." I haven't ever read this and I'm wondering if it's valid or not.

2) He says that the original verse wasn't "Thou Shalt Not Kill" but "Thou Shalt Not Murder." He said that he won't be going to hell for killing people while in the Coast Guard, but he would if he murdered somebody.

1) ask him the exact number

2) It's still murder, only it's not against your country's law. There is no other difference between them. In both cases you are taking the life away from someone.

1) He claims that there is an Age of Accountability and that the verse is "somewhere in Revelations." I haven't ever read this and I'm wondering if it's valid or not.

2) He says that the original verse wasn't "Thou Shalt Not Kill" but "Thou Shalt Not Murder." He said that he won't be going to hell for killing people while in the Coast Guard, but he would if he murdered somebody.

i too, have also heard about the age of accountability, but don't remember a verse that describes this. i will try and find it for you, but i would imagine it would be an implied meaning, not a literal one. do people in the coast gaurd actually see action? i thought they just drove around in the gulf and ticked people who don't know there is an obscure line that you will cross going due south into La state waters, and not have a La state fishing liscense.

hey nick, see you changed your sig. kudo's, i don't think you could have found a more offensive picture if you tried. why is Jesus missing some fingers, i don't remember them being cut off.

hey nick, see you changed your sig. kudo's, i don't think you could have found a more offensive picture if you tried. why is Jesus missing some fingers, i don't remember them being cut off.

They're not cut off, they're just hidden by his hand. You can see one of them in the hole. I'm sorry that it's so small and the details are not very visible, but I can't make it so big that it would take forever to load every time I post.

BTW, I changed it because the other was too graphic, according to some people. Also, the bible says jesus will do that, so why would christians be offended? Oh yeah because theyre hypocrites.

I'd say that picture is a pretty accurate portrayal of Jesus.

According to the bible, anyone that doesn't know about or

believe in Jesus gets fried. It makes no exceptions for babes.

Blessed be Jesus' Holy Name™, eh, Freeday? :Hmm:

kudo's, i don't think you could have found a more offensive picture if you tried.
What's really neat is that he didn't find that picture.

It's a piece of his own artwork. :notworthy:

Beautiful picture Nick, but I'm not sure what it's referencing to?

I was raised Lutheran. There was never an age of accountability as far as I know. I think it's something some sects made up to justify the hell doctrine so they could look at themselves in the mirror and not hate themselves for worshipping such a dictator. There is, of course, no justification for the hell doctrine. It is the most evil, unethical, immoral religious doctrine there is (with the possible exception of Islam's version of hell).

We had an infant baptism last Sunday in my wife's U.M. church. At one point the pastor (a WOMAN no less!!) says "While this is not salvation, as that is something baby X will have to choose later, it is a commitment by her parents....blah blah blah"

I instantly got the urge to inform the parents that if their beautiful baby happened to die before she made the decision for herself, that god would BURN HER IN HELL FOR ETERNITY!!!!

Oh, and jesus loves you :HaHa: