Goodbye Jesus

Headcovering Movement

xtify

I grew up in a tight brethren sect where it was and still is the norm for females to have their heads covered (with the long hair as is also mandated).  It's dumb acceptance as most of these things are.  The passage in 1Corinthians indicates that a woman dishonours her 'head' when she prays or prophesies uncovered. 

Yet, the same woman is told to be learn in silence and ask questions from her husband at home.  Begs the question why she needs to bother covering in mixed gatherings given she won't be participating anyway.  

I always thought this practice was (deservedly) dying out, interesting to read that it may be coming back

• Like 1

Question, would wearing a bandana count? What about a baseball cap? What about a hoodie?

Technically, the above meets the condition of having the head covered.

While these may technically be considered a cover, they would probably evoke another transgression such as being 'worldly' when god calls people to be separate. At least that's likely what my parents would have preached to me, were I ever to have been brave enough to propose that!!  Sometimes I so wish I could go back in time so I could enjoy making these suggestions as an innocent child......

Question, would wearing a bandana count? What about a baseball cap? What about a hoodie?

Technically, the above meets the condition of having the head covered.

I can't imagine women wearing hoodies in a "relevant" fundy church.  That is funny!  It almost makes me want to go to one with my hoodie on and see what kind of reaction I would get ;)

• Like 1

I couldn't let this go pass...and ended up posting on the site.. Politely, of course...

The teaching on it piss me off

I made my first post about the fact that a MAN started the site.....about what women should wear.... Fucker...

• Like 1