Goodbye Jesus

Where's That Skeptical Appraisal, Ironhorse..?

bornagainathiest

ironhorse, you would gain a lot of respect here if you only told the truth: that you didn't perform any "skeptical appraisal" of your faith, and that you just made up the fact that you did because you didn't expect to be called out on it and provide a detailed account of what this "skeptical appraisal" entailed.

Go on. Be an adult. Just admit you lied about having performed a "skeptical appraisal," and we can all move on.

Admit that I lied?

Why do you accuse me of being a liar?

What do you know about me or my life?

Why, when I have mentioned several times here in the Lion's Den about my life here and how I went through a period where I questioned the Christian faith, you say I didn't?

Prove him wrong. We're waiting, hence this thread.
  • Like 1

Note: All Regularly Contributing Patrons enjoy Ex-Christian.net advertisement free.

Bump for the lurkers

Yes, I hope the guests here are reading. 

Bump for the lurkers

Yes, I hope the guests here are reading. 

So do I.

Sadly, they aren't reading your skeptical appraisal of Christianity.  If you are really here to represent your faith, you would first of all be faithful, right? I mean, if you don't keep your promise, why should I believe your God would?

ironhorse, you would gain a lot of respect here if you only told the truth: that you didn't perform any "skeptical appraisal" of your faith, and that you just made up the fact that you did because you didn't expect to be called out on it and provide a detailed account of what this "skeptical appraisal" entailed.

Go on. Be an adult. Just admit you lied about having performed a "skeptical appraisal," and we can all move on.

Admit that I lied?

Well, did you, Ironhorse?

Because of this.

As I have said here more than once, I have already been through the process of skeptically appraising God, the Bible, and the Christian faith. I spent several years doing that and have spent all my life trying to get to the truth of things. I don't claim to know everything about God or the scriptures, but what I know is enough for me to believe it's true. It is what I believe.

And this.

Yes, please take note. Any questioning or skeptical analysis of Christianity by me should be dismissed.

I can't prove Jesus came back from the dead. I just believe he did. 

Only what you show us here - like the above claim, your failure to make good on it and now your request that it be dismissed.

Why, when I have mentioned several times here in the Lion's Den about my life here and how I went through a period where I questioned the Christian faith, you say I didn't?

No.  You claimed that you had taken years years skeptically appraising your Christian faith.

And now you want that claim dismissed.

Admit that I lied?

Prove him wrong. We're waiting, hence this thread.

Exactly. The more ironhorse stalls, the less we believe he has done any kind of skeptical appraisal of his faith. Hence why I suggested he might have lied about it.

Please TheRedneckProfessor,

Don't waste those crickets here! It's time to go fishing. We caught a few bass and crappie today. 

Just saying things have been busy and a few troubles along the way. One being a little trouble with this wood burning laptop I'm using and our internet connection. 

I will post a thread on my story when I'm ready to post it. 

I know some here are waiting to trash whatever I write and tell me how stupid and dishonest I am, but please be patient.

173 days have elapsed since Ironhorse first claimed to have skeptically appraised his Christian faith.

12 days have elapsed since Ironhorse asked the Prof to have patience because of a slow computer and slow connection speed. (See above)

6 days have elapsed since Ironhorse posted this... Any questioning or skeptical analysis of Christianity by me should be dismissed.

But in the 173 days since he first made his claim, he's found a fast-enough computer and a fast-enough connection to start seven threads, to contribute to them and other threads well.

Merry Christmas

Started by ironhorse20 Dec 2015

Happy New Year! / Let The Day Begin

Started by ironhorse04 Jan 2016

Beer

Started by ironhorse03 Nov 2015

Snakes On A Plane

Started by ironhorse06 Jan 2016

Two Yes Or No Questions

Started by ironhorse06 Dec 2015

Christian Faith And The Classics Of Tv Science Fiction

Started by ironhorse10 Jan 2016