Goodbye Jesus

Two Yes Or No Questions

ironhorse

Are you absolutely sure there is no God?

If not, then is it not possible that there is a God?

To everyone!

Do not answer Ironhorse's questions.

He claimed to have skeptically appraised his Christian faith for years, yet when asked to post the fruits of his skeptical appraisal (weeks ago) has failed to so.

The onus is on him to make good on his claim.

If you go ahead and answer his questions you will just be feeding this troll, playing his game and letting him weasel his way out of doing what he should.

Don't do it!

• Like 2

To the Mods!

Please lock this thread up.

Ironhorse is just jerking us all around... again!

• Like 1

Lock this thread?

Why?

I have not violated any rules concerning this forum. I am not a troll. 

This is a forum for Christians to express their views. 

Lock this thread?

Why?

Let's let the Mods be the judges of that.

Lock this thread?

Why?

That's clever, IH.

But I said nothing about the rules.

I'm reminding you of your moral obligation to make good on that claim of yours.

You have a moral responsibility to do so as a truth-loving and honest Christian.

Yes, there's nothing in the rules of this forum that can force you to live up to your obligations.

But you know that, don't you?  ;)

This thread ask two simple questions.

I'm not really concerned about even debating the answers. Just two questions...yes or no.

I'm not really concerned about even debating the answers. Just two questions...yes or no.

Please do not answer Ironhorse's questions, folks.

You are feeding the troll if you do.

I'll bite but will not debate:

1. No

2. Yes

Until I am given absolute verifiable proof, I will continue to live like "he" doesn't. Bye now!

That is one question phrased two different ways unless I am missing something?

Of course you are not going to debate the answers.  Because all you can do is say you don't understand it and can't explain it but you are going to believe the Bible anyway.

What is the point to asking these questions if the conversation dies afterwards?

Sorry, BAA but I'm compelled to answer.

Given all currently available evidence I am positive there is no god.

However, given that same evidence I believe the only true god is the Flying Spaghetti Monster.

mwc

It has been said before many times, that as long as people participate in these interactions with christians, the thread remains open.....

(hug) from your friendly moderator.....

no, there may be dragons, witches, wizards and hogwarts

of course, harry potter proves there is more than muggles

• Like 1

Sigh. In my head I know BAA is right. Because I've seen ironhorse in action. But my heart, OTOH............

Yes or no is dumb. Without the ability to qualify the answer.

So: question one - absolutely sure there is no god: No. I would have to be omniscient to say that. What I am, is convinced that the overwhelming weight of the evidence supports the proposition that the god of the bible is not real. And I feel the probability is high enough that I'm willing to "risk" the "eternal" fate of my "soul" on it.

Question two: is it possible? Of course. But you didn't say which god you're talking about. There are about a thousand different ones to choose from. THEY ALL ARE POSSIBLE. It's possible that Mormonism is true. That Islam is the true faith. That the greek gods are real, and they are really pissed off that we're pretending they are myths. That the flying spaghetti monster is real. That I can increase my spiritual energy by hanging a crystal pyramid around my neck. That I am a bot and not a human being. IS IT POSSIBLE? That's a really dumb-ass question. The evidence for yahweh is no better than the evidence for the rest of the list. Which is: none.

There are plenty of people here who can show that, if you show a list of attributes of your god, they can demonstrate by logic methodology, that that god is impossible.

Take a break from your superstitions for just one day, and engage your brain, ironhorse. You might find somebody is home after all. It would be wonderful sight to behold.

Sorry, BAA. Low-hanging fruit, ya know? ezhappydead.gif

• Like 2

Are you absolutely certain that Santa doesn't exist? I put the probability of the Christian "god" close to zero, about the same as the Tooth Fairy.

but, ironhorse: don't respond with anything except bible verses or doctrinal statements.  Prove that BAA is right about you.

It's a poorly formed question.

• Like 1

but, ironhorse: don't respond with anything except bible verses or doctrinal statements.  Prove that BAA is right about you.

Don't listen to him IronHorse.  Instead respond with Bob Dillon lyrics

Don't listen to him IronHorse.  Instead respond with Bob Dillon lyrics

Better yet, just ignore everybody that asks you a direct question and continue your trollish monologues wink.png

Two questions of My own:

- Why would I ever have to be absolutely sure when being reasonably sure works just as well?

- Why should I give serious consideration to a hypothetical being for which there is no credible evidence, especially such an uncharismatic and ugly-spirited hypothetical being as the god of the Bible?  I'd do better to make up My own virtual friends, if I actually needed them.

• Like 4

In the church of Christ, members were encouraged to answer questions & inquiries by quoting scripture. If the other party disagreed the response would be, "Well, you aren't disagreeing with me, you are disagreeing with God."

If the other party believes the Bible is true & inspired that put an end to the exchange. If the other party didn't believe the Bible is the literal words of God, the Christian would say that there was no absolute authority for truth then and walk away.

Iron Horse likes to play word games too.

Here is the deal, ironhorse: there can be absolutely NO evidence for something, for ANYTHING - and yet it still can't be said it's impossible.

All religion falls into this category. As well as about a million other things that come from the minds of imaginative homo sapiens.

That's why it's said that you can't prove a negative. That is the point of the whole flying spaghetti monster phenomenon.

The gullible can be convinced that anything is real. In spite of the fact that there is no evidence for it except for first person anecdotal experiences. Which count for nothing. In the case of christianity, we don't even have that. No one who is knowledgable on the subject thinks that the gospels are first person accounts.

You're devoting your life to a legend, ironhorse.

Plain and simple. No different than Robin Hood.

• Like 1

I'm an agnostic. Maybe there is a God. If he wants to talk to me I'm home most of the day. He can pop in whenever. He just never does. Seems like a type A personality like bibleGod would just barge right in here and make himself known but he never does. Maybe he started taking Prozac after Jesus was born. Who knows? I think the frothing Christian evangelists are a lot more interested in me having a relationship with God than God really is.

I understand what IH is trying to do here, and part of me says BAA is right. But then again, I never turn down a direct challenge, and I have absolutely nothing to hide. So I'll play ball.

You asked for a yes or no answer. I suppose I have to say "no". But I will say it with a caveat: it depends a great deal on what you mean by "God".

If I'm sticking with yes or no, then my answer is "yes", but the caveat from above still applies.

IH, unless you can provide a clear definition of what you mean when you say "God", my responses (and everyone else's for that matter) are mainly meaningless.