Goodbye Jesus

Two Yes Or No Questions

ironhorse

I'll bite but will not debate:

1. No

2. Yes

Until I am given absolute verifiable proof, I will continue to live like "he" doesn't. Bye now!

While it is no concern of mine whether a person believes or not, it is nice to see a honest and candid responses such as your and the others that answered the question 

Ask her if she believes in the Biblegod and see if you're still so happy about her response.  IronHorse, made one big mistake.  He should have identified what he means by God before asking his questions.

Finally, Christians are the cherry picking champions of the world, who excel in ignoring the Bible when it does not suit them.  I offer a case in point:

Luke 6:30:

Jesus said to give to those that ask........ (I bet you can guess what is coming next)

I am asking you, Ironhorse, to give me all that you have......to refuse is to:

Ok, so if I asked you to give me all you have, after Ironhouse gives you all he had, would you?

But in case you are thinking then you could ask me for all I have, that is not allowed under Luke 6:30 Sect.2 which states "...and of him that taketh away thy goods ask them not again."  

So if you wouldn't give all you had, then a cherry that didn't get picked was the following verse:

Luke 6:31: And as ye would that men should do to you, do ye also to them likewise.  

But seems like a relative life issue for people to discuss and reflect upon.  

Most Christians cling to this poor as hell book of non inspiration just because they fear Hell.  Plain and simple.

Finally, Christians are the cherry picking champions of the world, who excel in ignoring the Bible when it does not suit them.  I offer a case in point:

Luke 6:30:

Jesus said to give to those that ask........ (I bet you can guess what is coming next)

I am asking you, Ironhorse, to give me all that you have......to refuse is to:

Ok, so if I asked you to give me all you have, after Ironhouse gives you all he had, would you?

No, but then again, I am not a believer, bound by the magic book, written by authors unknown and in a time we cannot be 100 percent sure of 

But in case you are thinking then you could ask me for all I have, that is not allowed under Luke 6:30 Sect.2 which states "...and of him that taketh away thy goods ask them not again."  

How convenient , a text, that cancels out another text 

So if you wouldn't give all you had, then a cherry that didn't get picked was the following verse:

Luke 6:31: And as ye would that men should do to you, do ye also to them likewise.  

Wow. just wow. Seems like a complete cop out 

It seems like a text Christians will discuss and reflect upon, as an excuse to not obey it

I'll add a question of my own to any passing Christian:

Do you really really believe that as a species we are living under the curse of Adam and this curse can be really lifted by using magic thoughts and pointing them, with clasped hands to an invisible being   

Still waiting IH. Your silence is very telling.

IH, to answer your questions.  No and yes.

Now please do me a favor and answer my two questions.

Are you absolutely sure (or even somewhat certain) that there is a god?

If yes, can you be absolutely sure that I am not him?

I look forward to your answers.

Hi Guys,

Just returned from holiday, anyway, any Christian takers on Luke 6:30.....because from where I am sitting all I can hear is cricket sounds 

Where are my Luke 6:30 answers........

Why do Christians do this, start a conversation and then duck and run when you call them out on a point.

If you can't defend your faith, then perhaps an ex Christian site is not for you  

• Like 1

Luke 6:31 “Do to others as you would have them do to you.”The key to understanding verse 30 is to remember verse 31 and the surrounding verses.

Christ does not order us never to refuse a request: but the meaning of his words is, that we are to give what is just and reasonable, what will be neither injurious to yourself nor your family.

Our first duty is providing for our own families, and then doing good to the household of faith, then also to others, as we are able, and give to them we think truly need our help.

This is where we have to think and make a judgement on when and what to give. Do I give the homeless man the money he says he needs or buy him a meal? There is no definitive answer, but taken in context with the surrounding verses, the answer seems to imply that we are to assume there is a real need, even if we might be a bit skeptical. It doesn't imply that a genuine need must exist.  It implies that we are to assume that such a need is genuine. We are to trust, rather than doubt, and show God's love by extending mercy where undeserved.

Hey IH, I'm still waiting. I answered your questions. Will you not answer mine? Please do so at your leisure.

IH, I appreciate that you obviously thought, "Wow, these people are all ex-christians, and not only that, but people for whom that change was so significant that they sought out a place for ex-christians to gather and talk. Clearly these people have given a lot of thought to that huge alteration to their lives, so it would be good to ask them about their thinking so that I can understand them better. For instance, I'm curious if they are convinced that there is no god, or if they still allow for that as a possibility." That's a really kind and welcoming approach to take!

Ha ha! That of course was a hilarious joke. Obviously what you're doing is trying to throw out some kind of rhetorical stunt that you think will lead people to where you think they ought to be, with no particular thought given to who your audience is here or what kinds of communication might be effective or even ethical. Some might condemn you for your inability to learn from experience about what isn't working, or for your unimaginative approaches, or for the fundamental disrespect you show, but I say hey, you keep being you. Consistency is all that matters. If you keep persevering in a completely wrong-headed strategy long enough, surely it will pay off eventually.

But because it amuses me to do so right now, and for the benefit of other readers, I'll pretend like your questions are sincere and I will answer what's underneath them.

Naturally in the process of leaving Christianity and in the time sense I've given some thought to these and many other questions. Here are some relevant thoughts and conclusions:

Total certainty is not possible for human beings. We are finite beings with limited knowledge. So I am not absolutely certain of anything. There is always the possibility that I could be wrong. Just as there is always the possibility that you, Ironhorse, are wrong. Do you ever consider that?

Therefore, I do not spend any time worrying about whether I'm absolutely certain of something. Even if I FELT absolutely certain, I still could be wrong.

But nonetheless, there is sufficient evidence for me to feel strongly confident of these things:

If there is a single god, more powerful than all other beings, then she is either unwilling or unable to communicate a clear and consistent message to people. She either doesn't want to be in a healthy relationship with me or cannot do so.

If there are many different gods communicating many different messages, they too are unwilling or unable to be clear enough to allow me to distinguish which one is sending which message and which, if any, should be heeded.

Is it possible that god exists? Yes. It is also possible that aliens, yetis, unicorns, dragons, tooth fairies, and lizardfolk exist. But since none of them have any discernable impact on my life, the question is, why should I spend any time concerning myself with them?

• Like 2

Sigh. In my head I know BAA is right. Because I've seen ironhorse in action. But my heart, OTOH............

Yes or no is dumb. Without the ability to qualify the answer.

So: question one - absolutely sure there is no god: No. I would have to be omniscient to say that. What I am, is convinced that the overwhelming weight of the evidence supports the proposition that the god of the bible is not real. And I feel the probability is high enough that I'm willing to "risk" the "eternal" fate of my "soul" on it.

Question two: is it possible? Of course. But you didn't say which god you're talking about. There are about a thousand different ones to choose from. THEY ALL ARE POSSIBLE. It's possible that Mormonism is true. That Islam is the true faith. That the greek gods are real, and they are really pissed off that we're pretending they are myths. That the flying spaghetti monster is real. That I can increase my spiritual energy by hanging a crystal pyramid around my neck. That I am a bot and not a human being. IS IT POSSIBLE? That's a really dumb-ass question. The evidence for yahweh is no better than the evidence for the rest of the list. Which is: none.

There are plenty of people here who can show that, if you show a list of attributes of your god, they can demonstrate by logic methodology, that that god is impossible.

Take a break from your superstitions for just one day, and engage your brain, ironhorse. You might find somebody is home after all. It would be wonderful sight to behold.

Sorry, BAA. Low-hanging fruit, ya know? ezhappydead.gif

Which God?

God singular, not plural gods.

One universal eternal being, the creator and ruler of the universe; the supreme being.

God

The Deist God, Mohammed and the Quran's God, or Paul's God (the 3 in one). The latter God is described by the Bible and can only function within the framework of the Bible. The Deist God is not limited by so much dogma. Don't you see, IH? There are man made stories about what your God has done, what he will do, what his character is and what he is capable of doing.

Don't waste our time with your fairy tales. Obviously you enjoy all the attention your postings are getting. You are a troll. I am a poker player and I bet you a million that you have more doubts than you disclose.

Sigh. In my head I know BAA is right. Because I've seen ironhorse in action. But my heart, OTOH............

So: question one - absolutely sure there is no god: No. I would have to be omniscient to say that. What I am, is convinced that the overwhelming weight of the evidence supports the proposition that the god of the bible is not real. And I feel the probability is high enough that I'm willing to "risk" the "eternal" fate of my "soul" on it.

Question two: is it possible? Of course. But you didn't say which god you're talking about. There are about a thousand different ones to choose from. THEY ALL ARE POSSIBLE. It's possible that Mormonism is true. That Islam is the true faith. That the greek gods are real, and they are really pissed off that we're pretending they are myths. That the flying spaghetti monster is real. That I can increase my spiritual energy by hanging a crystal pyramid around my neck. That I am a bot and not a human being. IS IT POSSIBLE? That's a really dumb-ass question. The evidence for yahweh is no better than the evidence for the rest of the list. Which is: none.

There are plenty of people here who can show that, if you show a list of attributes of your god, they can demonstrate by logic methodology, that that god is impossible.

Take a break from your superstitions for just one day, and engage your brain, ironhorse. You might find somebody is home after all. It would be wonderful sight to behold.

Which God?

One universal eternal being, the creator and ruler of the universe; the supreme being.

God

I'm not accepting this IH. Answer my question, please. What, exactly, do you mean when you say "God". Be specific.

Obviously he means the one supreme god. The one god above all others. The creator of all. The supreme authority over all. The alpha and the omega.

Demon Sultan Azathoth.

How convenient , a text, that cancels out another text 

Not really, because IH wouldn't have been to then turn around and asked you for to give all that you had taken from him back.

Luke 6:31: And as ye would that men should do to you, do ye also to them likewise.

Wow. just wow. Seems like a complete cop out

Hey, what can I say, I didn't come to rewrite the scriptures but to fulfill them.

It seems like a text Christians will discuss and reflect upon, as an excuse to not obey it

Let's see, you brought the subject up for discussion, gave your opinion upon the matter, and let me dare say, wouldn't obey what you believe Jesus said.

Hey, what can I say, I didn't come to rewrite the scriptures but to fulfill them. 

Now that is almost sig worthy.  You have a mission and those are some big sandals you are trying to fill.

Don't waste our time with your fairy tales. Obviously you enjoy all the attention your postings are getting. You are a troll. I am a poker player and I bet you a million that you have more doubts than you disclose.

While I am no poke player, I am a gambler  and I'll bet you $50 (payable as a donation to the ExChristian.com website) that you don't have a million bucks to cover your bet, which means that you are just wasting our time with your fairy tales.

You have a mission and those are some big sandals you are trying to fill.

whose Pharaoh's?

While I am no poke player, I am a gambler and I'll bet you $50 (payable as a donation to the ExChristian.com website) that you don't have a million bucks to cover your bet, which means that you are just wasting our time with your fairy tales.

I won't need a million bucks because I will win. My hand is beyond reproach.

I won't need a million bucks because I will win. My hand is beyond reproach.

I got it now, you were impersonating Bill Maher. Good one.

whose Pharaoh's?

I don't know, you tell me.  What part of the scriptures will you fulfill?

whose Pharaoh's?

I don't know, you tell me.  What part of the scriptures will you fulfill?

sperm spilling on the ground? somewhere in genesis?

Which God?

God

I'm not accepting this IH. Answer my question, please. What, exactly, do you mean when you say "God". Be specific.

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was with God in the beginning. Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made.

~ John 1:1-3

Hey iron horse I got a question for you.

Why ask the questions to begin with? It's like asking for the solution to a sudoku before completing one.

Hey iron horse I got a question for you.

Why ask the questions to begin with? It's like asking for the solution to a sudoku before completing one.

Because, for me, answering the question about whether there is or is not a God, is the most

important question in my life.