Goodbye Jesus

Two Yes Or No Questions

ironhorse

Are you absolutely sure there is no God?

If not, then is it not possible that there is a God?

1) No

2)  Yes

I'm happy to answer,

No I am not "absolutely" sure there is no god, but it seems highly unlikely.

An invisible, mind reading, time creating dude who likes the smell of burnt animals offerings and once punished a tree for behaving, well like a tree, "might" exist......but seems very doubtful.   

Christians, in general, live their lives without god. They get sick, they go to a medic, generally they have little faith in prayer, when real results matter. They ignore all the Biblical laws they do not like. Early church fathers, really did live up to Christian standards. They abandoned their families, lived in the desert and accepted, nay strove for a life of misery and poverty. Modern Christians, such as William Lane Craig, or Benny Hinn for example make money out Christianity. This is laughable......promoting family values and growing rich out of a religion that is anti family and anti wealth.

I do not mean too be unkind (and sorry if that is how my post comes across), but as Charles Bradlaugh noted, Christians are like trained parrots, merely repeating what others have said before them. Take a Christian (said Bradlaugh), wind his life back, place him with Muslim parents in a Muslim country and he will defend to his death , the Islamic faith.

Christianity is true or it isn't. If true, it should be true in it's entirety, what with the whole "Supreme God" being the author of it, and all........ The fact that it needs "explaining and defending", makes it fishy...the fact that they are hundreds, if not thousands of different sects, all with the same magic ghost, living inside them and all (broadly) reading the same Bible, yet having these deep divisions and disagreements, makes it fishy.

Finally, Christians are the cherry picking champions of the world, who excel in ignoring the Bible when it does not suit them.  I offer a case in point:

Luke 6:30:

Jesus said to give to those that ask........ (I bet you can guess what is coming next)

I am asking you, Ironhorse, to give me all that you have......to refuse is to:

1- Disobey Jesus

2-An implication that perhaps you don't fully believe in the faith, in which you defend .....

Again, I do not mean to be unkind, but When I ever ask a Christian this question, they either go into dodge, deny or ignore mode, which is curious, given that their immortal soul is supposed to be on the line. Or they go for the "whole buying time thing", to take it to the Lord in earnest prayer, or ask a church leader........and then never get back to me! 

Christianity , it seems to me, at its base level, is a religion, in which you are encouraged to shuffle through life on your knees, using your mind, to beg the air for forgiveness for being born.

Sad really 

• Like 4

That made me laugh, Castiel:    An invisible, mind reading, time creating dude who likes the smell of burnt animals offerings and once punished a tree for behaving, well like a tree, "might" exist......but seems very doubtful. 

WWJD?  Kill a tree because he wanted a fig. During the off-season.  WendyDoh.gif 

• Like 1

I do not mean too be unkind (and sorry if that is how my post comes across), 

are you kidding? That was a great post, Castiel. And spot-on. (as they say in some parts of the world) 58.gif

Hey IH, I answered your questions, how about if you answer mine? What do you mean by God? I need a clear definition please. Note that "The God of Christianity" will not do; that is far to vague. There are way too many versions of Christianity for me to accept that. What, exactly, are you talking about?

For instance, if by God you mean His Noodliness, then OF COURSE I believe. I can feel Him in my belly!

• Like 2

Hey IH, I answered your questions, how about if you answer mine? What do you mean by God? I need a clear definition please. Note that "The God of Christianity" will not do; that is far to vague. There are way too many versions of Christianity for me to accept that. What, exactly, are you talking about?

For instance, if by God you mean His Noodliness, then OF COURSE I believe. I can feel Him in my belly!

The Christians are fresh out of answers.  How about some Bob Dylan lyrics instead?

Expecting TinPony to rationally engage in dialog and to assist in moving that discourse forward, such as defining the term "God" in his two questions, is expecting too much.

Maybe he just wanted to shout "Jump!" so we could all ask "how high?"silverpenny013Hmmm.gif

That's okay though.  Gave us something to talk about.  For about a nanosecond.

We should have listened to BAA wink.png

Oh well.  At least we got to see what everyone had to say.

Alien gave the best answer. 

Did you guys notice how it was a set up?  I can tell many people did.  The evidence against gods in general is beyond a reasonable doubt and the evidence specifically against the Christian god is absolute.  But Christians want to get around that so Tin Pony requests that we only say "yes" or "no" and then he gives us contrived questions so we will hopefully respond the way he wants.

Are you absolutely sure there is no (vague) God?   Please, please say no.  Ah ha!  You said no so God is real.  Do the Jesus dance!  jesus.gif

Is it possible that there is a (vague) God?    Please, please say yes.  Ah ha!  You said yes so God is real!!!1!!!    Jesus is so happy!  jesus.gif

Pointing out that a proper answer is something other than "yes" or "no" is forbidden!  Follow my rules and believe in Jesus!

Too bad he didn't give us another option:

Yes

No 

Fuck You

• Like 2

I wonder what motivates @ironhorse ?

I suspect he hopes people who are uncertain about their deconversion will send him private messages, so he can steer them back to Christianity. He advertises his presence by starting threads and occasionally responding to threads, but he has no interest in actual dialogue. He probably doesn't even read most of the responses. He's just casting his hook here waiting for a fish to nibble.

Too bad he didn't give us another option:

Yes

No 

Fuck You

Yeah #3 is my selection.

I wonder what motivates @ironhorse ?

I suspect he hopes people who are uncertain about their deconversion will send him private messages, so he can steer them back to Christianity. He advertises his presence by starting threads and occasionally responding to threads, but he has no interest in actual dialogue. He probably doesn't even read most of the responses. He's just casting his hook here waiting for a fish to nibble.

Christianity is based on guilt. Guilt makes Christians asks guilt laden questions.

• Like 1

No.  I think the holy spirit told him to do it.  To plant a seed in our hearts.  

OOh.  I think maybe it's working.  I need to shit.

No.  I think the holy spirit told him to do it.  To plant a seed in our hearts.  

OOh.  I think maybe it's working.  I need to shit.

Well, one of my relatives has Jesarrhea of the Facebook. Jesus shit every day. Jesus in every conversation. It seems to be an emotional disorder.

I'll bite but will not debate:

1. No

2. Yes

Until I am given absolute verifiable proof, I will continue to live like "he" doesn't. Bye now!

While it is no concern of mine whether a person believes or not, it is nice to see a honest and candid responses such as your and the others that answered the question 

@Justus, I'm glad you stopped by the Lion's Den to add some variety to the Christian arguments. smile.png

I'll bite but will not debate:

1. No

2. Yes

Until I am given absolute verifiable proof, I will continue to live like "he" doesn't. Bye now!

While it is no concern of mine whether a person believes or not, it is nice to see a honest and candid responses such as your and the others that answered the question 

I found most of the responses that didn't answer the questions to be honest and candid as well.

@Justus, I'm glad you stopped by the Lion's Den to add some variety to the Christian arguments. smile.png

Thanks, I like the topics here better than other forums, or it might be the folks here, hadn't made up my mind yet. silverpenny013Hmmm.gif

Not quite sure why the question hasn't been reversed and Ironhorse asked if he is absolutely sure that Jesus was God, and if not, then is it possible that he was just a man?  

Not quite sure why the question hasn't been reversed and Ironhorse asked if he is absolutely sure that Jesus was God, and if not, then is it possible that he was just a man?  

Oh, but ironhorse couldn't have said no to the first question. That would have been a departure from the script.  Grounds for a public shunning.

Finally, Christians are the cherry picking champions of the world, who excel in ignoring the Bible when it does not suit them.  I offer a case in point:

Luke 6:30:

Jesus said to give to those that ask........ (I bet you can guess what is coming next)

I am asking you, Ironhorse, to give me all that you have......to refuse is to:

Ok, so if I asked you to give me all you have, after Ironhouse gives you all he had, would you?

But in case you are thinking then you could ask me for all I have, that is not allowed under Luke 6:30 Sect.2 which states "...and of him that taketh away thy goods ask them not again."  

So if you wouldn't give all you had, then a cherry that didn't get picked was the following verse:

Luke 6:31: And as ye would that men should do to you, do ye also to them likewise.  

But seems like a relative life issue for people to discuss and reflect upon.  

I'm an agnostic atheist.  I believe you can't be absolutely sure that there is or isn't a God (no decisive evidence).  There may be some impersonal  non interventionist creator, but I choose to live my life like there is no God, because the Abrahamic religions are just plain stupid and no way can a "creating force" be that damn stupid.  That said I am more than ever convinced that this universes could have originated from simple building blocks.   A scientific phenomenon where the universe evolved from a simple start.