Goodbye Jesus

Jesus And Yahweh

Mythra

Sorry, Amanda. :shrug: I'm an atheist. You don't expect me to ever look on the positive side of jesus or christianity - do you????

Mythra… I’d never want you to change! :nono:

You’re way too cool just the way you are!

It would certainly be boring if everyone thought alike.

I'm gonna go out to the lake tomorrow so that I can walk on water! :woohoo:

That oughta mess with them dudes on their jet-skis, no? :HaHa:

Fwee, I’m sure you mess with everyone anyway!

Of course you make everything more exciting…

no boring escapades with you on the water! :funny:

Yet, if you read that story more closely, it says they saw his ‘spirit’ walking on the water.

I’d love to see your spirit walking on the water here in Florida!

Screw that!

I'll be over here turning water into wine!

White Raven… I think just like you! I’d like to turn the water into fine wine too! :68:

However, in researching that verse, it seems it was done by the force of his suggestion. IMO, it seems like hypnosis to me.

Further, I think this was a rush to do his first “miracle” because it could have very well been his own wedding! One wouldn't want the wine to run out at a celebration like that, would we? :wicked:

:) Of course, all of this seems to be as the story goes... :shrug:

I'm gonna go out to the lake tomorrow so that I can walk on water! :woohoo:

That oughta mess with them dudes on their jet-skis, no? :HaHa:

Fwee, I’m sure you mess with everyone anyway!

Of course you make everything more exciting…

no boring escapades with you on the water! :funny:

Yet, if you read that story more closely, it says they saw his ‘spirit’ walking on the water.

I’d love to see your spirit walking on the water here in Florida!

Either way, if Jesus can do it, then I can do it, right?

That's how it works, right?

So, the next time you're looking out over the water ther in Florida, look for my spirit. I'll be there. Even if you don't see it, it's there. If you doubt that it is, write a story about seeing my spirit on the water and eventually, it'll become a truth.

Either way, if Jesus can do it, then I can do it, right?

So, the next time you're looking out over the water ther in Florida, look for my spirit. I'll be there. Even if you don't see it, it's there. If you doubt that it is, write a story about seeing my spirit on the water and eventually, it'll become a truth.

:)Fwee, if I am having a bad time at the ocean, and I need some humorous fun, I will seek out your spirit. And when I see it, in my mind, I will tell everyone I'm with, how you can make a bad day fun, and your spirit will be shared with all that is with me. And if others know of your spirit of fun, they too will proclaim it to all. And as it is shared from state to state and country to country... you too will be a god in time. :wicked:

Of course, then all the companies and governments will claim you to be theirs, and use your popularity to sell their products and to emphasize their own agenda in governments for powerful positions. Ahhhh, yes, and then their will be those that say I literally saw you walk on the water, and how all those with me literally saw you, and put in more glorious details to make it more suitable for their needs... and I'm sure you know the rest of the story. So to answer your question... yes, I guess that is how it works. :ugh:

What about Lot? Thats comparable apples to oranges. If God is such a monsterous God and is just divinely moody,, then why didnt He just let Lot and his family die when He as I remind, poured brimstone and hellfire onto Sodom.

If everyone else in Sodom deserved death, then Lot did too. While the city of Sodom was knocking at his door trying to get Lot to send his guest (the angel) out into the city to be massively raped. Lot then offered his two virgin daughters to appease and distract the people. Talk about father of the year...

Then there's the next 8 verses after the story traditionally ends when Lot sleeps with his daughters to preserve his seed, (it was the daughters' idea)

This family was the shining jewel of Sodom that God decided to save? If you're going to throw the "God uses everyone" rhetoric at me, then here's my response to that: how come God didn't use the rest of the Sodomites?

I disagree there. It is there that because of the righteousness of Abraham, it can be well assumed thats the motive of letting Lot live, among other veiws. The men came to see Abraham first, then after this questionare from Abraham to God about saving the whole place for just one person. The Ot never spoke of Lot being righteous(to my knowledge), yet Peter did. Thats a whole different topic.

People die. Nobody here can argue that. There are truly evil, bad people out there that want to hurt others. Nobody here can deny that as well.

These two faces of Jesus cannot be reconciled by any amount of reasoning, Yo Yo.

Read the Achan account with an open mind. Achan wasn't an evil person. He just got sticky fingers during a raid, where everyone was being slaughtered anyway. He was an Israelite.

God (Jesus) was so furious, that his anger didn't subside until Achan, his wife, his kids, his donkeys, sheep, and cattle, his maidservants and manservants (slaves) - were all stoned to death by the tribe of God's chosen people.

Then the bible tells us that Jesus' (GOD's) anger subsided.

And, I don't buy that the Canaanites, Moabites, and all of the other ites were utterly wicked people. They were just people. Trying to tough their way through life. Until a warring tribe swept down on them in the name of God and sliced their little children's throats and claimed their land based on a made-up divine promise.

Good luck justifying this with any amount of apologetics.

Now if you want to Apologize for God's (Jesus') actions, that might be a little more acceptable.

Thank the gods there is not a capricious deity /creator who actually did and said these things.

It would be a sorry thing indeed.

I will say 100%, that its weird, yet I will say that its not farfetched. I mean, think about it. Gods point was to have a set of people, place them aside from all others, under His statutes, and ultimately for them to live under those directions. See, directions is the key word. God created us with a choice to decide and do many things freely, yet Jesus told Pontius that unless he had authority from above, he would not have that authority to put Him to death.

So, I realize that we do have certain choices, yet Gods direction( word) is in stone. My POV is that God had set these people apart an ordained them, setting many things detailed and genral for their lifestyles. He also made very clear, to the priests, if anyone goes againist these guidlines and sanctions, they must be put out of the camp for a certain time, do certain things for atonement, or even death.

All the groups you mentioned abstructed and profaned the Israleites, and there God. You know, thats a little gray area with the kids and cattle and all. The only thing I can say is that I know that even in the OT, God said that if a foreigner came into the camp, that he could, yet had to follow the Israelites statutes. So, I dunno. I do know that in human kind in general, most bloodlines that have a certain characteristics usually follow into the children. Not sure. Some things are just left not understandable.

Why do countries right now kill innocent people in wars? Cause were human. Maybe God intended for the innocent to survive and the human writers wrote that God told them to do it. Dunno.

This family was the shining jewel of Sodom that God decided to save? If you're going to throw the "God uses everyone" rhetoric at me, then here's my response to that: how come God didn't use the rest of the Sodomites?

Dunno. All i know is that there are some things that are left unknown. For instance, I mentioned this in another reply; Peter considered Lot righteous. Why is that? All thats left to assume, since he was a fisherman, and not a scholar, is that maybe there were things that Jesus explained to them that arent written.

But for me, the Bottom line is that God went there to destroy the place because its wickedness, corruptness, whatever had reached the heavens. Its says that the men pushed there way past Lot, in an assumtion that Lot knew and recognized there evilness, then God smite them.

Only God knows. If that would have been the US that went and bombed a country that defiled our nation, in lue of revenge or judgement from the US; killing innocent people yet bombing the hell out of this defiled country that tampered with our rights and freedom, even killing some of our own innocents, then I think that would be acceptable to many and debatable. But since it was God who decided to light the torch on some folks, its this monsterous, bully, God that is portrayed as hostile and violent.

In Gods realm, His ways are His innocent. he speaks of the preservation of the righteous much, even to that point. I think our country leaders would protect us from any hostile enviroment, even until that point. They are, and have.

If that would have been the US that went and bombed a country that defiled our nation, in lue of revenge or judgement from the US; killing innocent people yet bombing the hell out of this defiled country that tampered with our rights and freedom, even killing some of our own innocents, then I think that would be acceptable to many and debatable.

So you think it would be okay for us to follow in God's footsteps and blindly butcher countless innocents just to get at a handful of people who slighted us?

Disgusting, but not entirely unexpected. You're a literalist, aren't you?

I disagree there. It is there that because of the righteousness of Abraham, it can be well assumed that that's the motive for letting Lot live, among other views. The men came to see Abraham first, then after this questionnaire from Abraham to God about saving the whole place for just one person. The OT never spoke of Lot being righteous (to my knowledge), yet Peter did. That's a whole different topic.

I proofread your response and still am not sure exactly what you're saying.

Are you saying that because Abraham was righteous, Lot deserved to live while all the other Sodomites who were just as evil as he was deserved to die?

Dunno. All i know is that there are some things that are left unknown. For instance, I mentioned this in another reply; Peter considered Lot righteous. Why is that? All thats left to assume, since he was a fisherman, and not a scholar, is that maybe there were things that Jesus explained to them that arent written.

I wish I could know what these teachings were that show Lot as righteous and why they weren't included in the Bible.

But for me, the Bottom line is that God went there to destroy the place because of its wickedness, corruptness, and whatever had reached the heavens. It says that the men pushed their way past Lot, in an assumption that Lot knew and recognized their evilness, then God smote them.

If God is so merciful, why did he obliterate Sodom when he could have helped them see the error of their ways and brought them to salvation?

Only God knows. If that would have been the US that went and bombed a country that defiled our nation, in lieu of revenge or judgement from the US; killing innocent people yet bombing the hell out of this defiled country that tampered with our rights and freedom, even killing some of our own innocents, then I think that would be acceptable to many and debatable. But since it was God who decided to light the torch on some folks, its this monsterous, bully, God that is portrayed as hostile and violent.

Those "many" of whom you speak would be no better than the terrorists we were targeting. This would be a horribly monstrous act, no matter who would be responsible.

This quote sounds like FSDT material.

Good point, LadyFeline.

In Gods realm, His ways are His innocent. he speaks of the preservation of the righteous much, even to that point. I think our country leaders would protect us from any hostile enviroment, even until that point. They are, and have.

So we should protect ourselves and our environment by destroying a non-hostile environment in order to get a few people who are hostile to us? Seems like a great way to make more enemies.

I bet god enjoyed killing all the babies and children that lived in those cities. Bad, evil, wicked babies.

:)Fwee, if I am having a bad time at the ocean, and I need some humorous fun, I will seek out your spirit. And when I see it, in my mind, I will tell everyone I'm with, how you can make a bad day fun, and your spirit will be shared with all that is with me. And if others know of your spirit of fun, they too will proclaim it to all. And as it is shared from state to state and country to country... you too will be a god in time. :wicked:

Of course, then all the companies and governments will claim you to be theirs, and use your popularity to sell their products and to emphasize their own agenda in governments for powerful positions. Ahhhh, yes, and then their will be those that say I literally saw you walk on the water, and how all those with me literally saw you, and put in more glorious details to make it more suitable for their needs... and I'm sure you know the rest of the story. So to answer your question... yes, I guess that is how it works. :ugh:

So what you're saying here is that I can't walk on water then, right? :shrug:

I bet god enjoyed killing all the babies and children that lived in those cities. Bad, evil, wicked babies.

Your style is so good at creating simple, short, powerful statements that are incredibly impactful! :Medal:

So what you're saying here is that I can't walk on water then, right? :shrug:

Well, I don't think Jesus actually physically walked on water... but YOU... I put NOTHING past!

If there is anyone who could resurrect life...

to a party, I'm sure it would be you!

Your spirit Fwee, could have resurrected a few parties I've been to in my life.

You might be able to walk on water without that sinking feeling, however, considering your size... ride a fish, or then again... a fish may come up and swallow you... then you can tell us how Jonah felt. :Hmm:

:HaHa:

If that would have been the US that went and bombed a country that defiled our nation, in lue of revenge or judgement from the US; killing innocent people yet bombing the hell out of this defiled country that tampered with our rights and freedom, even killing some of our own innocents, then I think that would be acceptable to many and debatable.

So you think it would be okay for us to follow in God's footsteps and blindly butcher countless innocents just to get at a handful of people who slighted us?

No. Its called real. That shit has and still happens from our country and many others. Innocent victims killed during war.

You might be able to walk on water without that sinking feeling, however, considering your size... ride a fish, or then again... a fish may come up and swallow you... then you can tell us how Jonah felt. :Hmm:

:HaHa:

That was a mouse joke, wasn't it? :Hmm:

We went from Jesus to mouse jokes within barely a handful of posts.

There's probably no way in the world that I'm going to get you to retract your statement about us being able to do anything that Jesus did, is there? You'll just move on to different poetic analogies/metaphors until I get frustrated and give up.

That's how it works, right? <--- Yeah, I'm back to that again. :grin:

I proofread your response and still am not sure exactly what you're saying.

Are you saying that because Abraham was righteous, Lot deserved to live while all the other Sodomites who were just as evil as he was deserved to die?

I wish I could know what these teachings were that show Lot as righteous and why they weren't included in the Bible

2 Pet 2:6-9

6 And turning the cities of Sodom and Gomorrha into ashes condemned them with an overthrow, making them an ensample unto those that after should live ungodly;

7 And delivered just Lot, vexed with the filthy conversation of the wicked:

8 (For that righteous man dwelling among them, in seeing and hearing, vexed his righteous soul from day to day with their unlawful deeds;)

9 The Lord knoweth how to deliver the godly out of temptations, and to reserve the unjust unto the day of judgment to be punished:

(KJV)

Anyone who offers his virgin daughters to a crowd of perverts to be raped viciously almost (if not) to death is not righteous.

And any man who raises his daughters to think that they need to preserve their father's seed by having sex with him is not righteous.

I was wondering what Jesus possibly told Peter to make him see this man as righteous.

God would have made a more powerful statement if He would have helped them see the error of their ways and saved them (or even made them into prophets) rather than just killing them for being the way He made them.

The statement he could have made would have also corroborated the wonderful NT message that it doesn't matter what wrong you have done in your life, you can be forgiven and become a good person.

God chose to take the easy way out and burn the city to the ground.

No. Its called real. That shit has and still happens from our country and many others. Innocent victims killed during war.

That doesn't mean it's "okay", like you said it was. Retard.