Goodbye Jesus

I Lost My Job For Being An Atheist!

DeathWorship

i am not going to pursue it.. like i said, he didn't outright fire me for being an atheist, but i have a hunch that that is the real reason he wanted me gone. he just needed some petty incident to pin on me so he could facilitate his desire. bigot fuckass.

i have since found a job doing something a whole hell of alot less stressful, and has a better pay rate, so the lord satan hath provided me with what i need. lol.

btw Fwee, i cut all my hair off.. now i simply play drums in a metal band :\

Note: All Regularly Contributing Patrons enjoy Ex-Christian.net advertisement free.

I know it's a little late, as you've already decided what to do, but I have to agree with the people who say not to push it legally. I've worked in SC before, and many don't give a rat's ass about you unless you're white, male and Christian. I hate that state. I had problems with a phenomenally sexist boss, and had absolutely no recourse because if I had lost that job, I would have had to move to another state. Everyone made it very clear that I should just suck it up and deal with it and that's what I get for trying to "play with the boys." I also had some problems being Jewish...I was threatened with firing if I missed 2 days of work for the High Holy Days...until I reminded them how illegal that was. And then my boss just had it OUT for me. I bet it would have been a million times worse if I was an Atheist. The whole situation sucks and is utter bullshit. But you seemed to have come out on top anyway. Good work!

However, several posters have mentioned other effective ways to let the asshole know how you feel. :wicked:

i have since found a job doing something a whole hell of alot less stressful, and has a better pay rate, so the lord satan hath provided me with what i need. lol.

Ha ha, you should tell your old boss that!

... i have since found a job doing something a whole hell of alot less stressful, and has a better pay rate, so the lord satan hath provided me with what i need. lol. ...

Congratulations! But, even if you don't want to pursue the case legally, I don't think you should let it drop just yet. If I were you, I'd send a very nice, flowery "thank you" card to that fundie, telling him about your new and better job, thanking him for his role in helping you get it, and letting him know that his god certainly does work in mysterious ways -- just to piss him off. :HaHa:

BTW, Lightbearer is WRONG about the ACLU.

You should sue. He can't give you the sack just 'cause you have different views than him.