Goodbye Jesus

Christ Consciousness

Guest Unity

Christ consciousness is ready to reveal itself to the sincere soul that makes an intense effort to search for love. What is needed is not submission to an external authority, a flawless book, or a rigid church that divides and eliminates, but an inward realization of God that unites. We need to test our realization with reason, witness it at work and perceive the unity of everything in pure consciousness. In every race, in every country and in every stage of history and culture people talk about God so we must admit that our minds are being qualified and supported with God’s love to reach within our selves and others to experience this pure consciousness that permeates everything.

Christian Mysticism

Christ consciousness is ready to reveal itself to the sincere soul that makes an intense effort to search for love. What is needed is not submission to an external authority, a flawless book, or a rigid church that divides and eliminates, but an inward realization of God that unites. We need to test our realization with reason, witness it at work and perceive the unity of everything in pure consciousness. In every race, in every country and in every stage of history and culture people talk about God so we must admit that our minds are being qualified and supported with God’s love to reach within our selves and others to experience this pure consciousness that permeates everything.

Christian Mysticism

What are you doing? Why are you endlessly creating new threads all promoting the same thing?

Unity,

That's great if you believe that, but others don't and don't want to subscribe to this. If you would like to join in the discussions and then sometimes chime in with your personal beliefs when the discussion comes around to it, fine. All it seems like you do here is preach to us. We don't want preaching or proselytiizng, okay.

Thanks.

I think I get it...christian mysticism=high-octane bullshit.

Guest Jackson Queens

Christian Mysticism

Although I still hold that there is some authority in "the book", I am inclined to agree. We must all find God/Christ in our own lives and spirits, and be open to the mystery that is existence.

Christian Mysticism

Although I still hold that there is some authority in "the book", I am inclined to agree. We must all find God/Christ in our own lives and spirits, and be open to the mystery that is existence.

Um, no? Why is it that it's always narrowed down to just that one option? Why is it that no matter what, God/Christ has to be involved in the mix of alternatives as the primary option? Where's Medusa and Dionysus? How about finding Poseidon or Wotan? Christian Mysticism just seems like another offspring of Christianity's cult. There's no way to "find" God when he hasn't poked his head out from the sky for as long as we've lived.

Um, no? Why is it that it's always narrowed down to just that one option? Why is it that no matter what, God/Christ has to be involved in the mix of alternatives as the primary option? Where's Medusa and Dionysus? How about finding Poseidon or Wotan? Christian Mysticism just seems like another offspring of Christianity's cult. There's no way to "find" God when he hasn't poked his head out from the sky for as long as we've lived.

Almond to that!

Guest Jackson Queens

Christian Mysticism

God/Christ is the truth I see. I cannot deny that I do filter what I experience through that somewhat, but I'm also alwyas examining what I believe and my love for Christ, for love is always reinforced. The point is to be open to the mystery, to dive in and don't hold your breath.

God/Christ is the truth I see. I cannot deny that I do filter what I experience through that somewhat, but I'm also alwyas examining what I believe and my love for Christ, for love is always reinforced. The point is to be open to the mystery, to dive in and don't hold your breath.

Bullshit. :mellow:

Guest Jackson Queens

Bullshit. :mellow:

Fear. :scratch:

True mysticism does not need sectarian personalities. Either you encounter something "out there" or you don't. As soon as you declare your experience to be something specific, be it "God" or "Buddha nature" or "Love", your journey is effectively over because you've found what you expected to find.

But not necessarily what's really out there.

If you're mystically inclined... Keep looking. Don't stop at the first "right" answer.

True mysticism does not need sectarian personalities. Either you encounter something "out there" or you don't. As soon as you declare your experience to be something specific, be it "God" or "Buddha nature" or "Love", your journey is effectively over because you've found what you expected to find.

If you're mystically inclined... Keep looking. Don't stop at the first "right" answer.

I don't normally post to say merely, "I agree" but in this case, I agree. I also think that it is very well spoken Astreja.

Unity, why don't you engage us in conversation? Why don't you quit starting threads and actually engage us? Come and speak with us.

Christian Mysticism

Prayed all my life and never felt god's love! Now an active atheist, and I still see no difference in my life whatsoever except for clearer thinking and more productive energy that I used to waste on fuckin religion.

Shove your pure consciousness up your ass!

However, everyone is entitled to their opinion.

THANK YOU ASTREJA!!!!

Unity - I've followed contemplative Christianity for years. Your threads about Christ Consciousness disturb me and I've never been able to pin point why.

I use the language of Christ Consciousness as well - but I think Astreja hit the nail on the head. Your threads appear (on the surface) to be some sort of spiritual advertisement (as in I have the whole truth - here it is - follow this path and you will experience truth as well).

And that misses the whole point of Christ Consciousness - as I am familiar with it. Christ Consciousness - as I know it - transcends the boxes of "right" and "wrong" mystical paths. When one experiences "Christ Consciousness" there is an awareness of ONENESS that transcends petty human categories. To me "Christ Consciousness" points to a consciousness of ONE - and then the path taken to reach this consciousness becomes - just that (a path). There is equal recognition of all other paths taken to reach this consciousness of ONENESS. :shrug:

Christian Mysticism

Last time you were here you sounded like you were spamming. This time you're hear again, you sound like you're spamming. Why?

I have not said that to anyone before, but to you it applies. You seem more interested in selling a product, then talking with us. My "cult radar" is sounding rapid and loud beepings with you.

I don't feel your interest in us as people. I feel your interest in selling your product. You sound like you are a member of some Krisha cult that hawks books at airports.

Discuss with humans as equals, or go away and stay away for good.

Christian Mysticism

Do you not realize that when one "makes an intense effort", then that defeats the purpose of life? That puts your goal somewhere at a future date and then you strive towards the future. The future is an illusion. All that ever exists is the time that you are breathing and your heart is beating. Making an intense effort is of the ego to achieve something. It is a desire.

Most people don't like Christianity because the people in that religion are so negative and judgemental. ExChristians I thought would be more positive and reflective and some of the posts do reflect this while others didn't respond to the ideas but threw stones similar to a Christian fundamentalist.

Do you not agree with the inner realization? I am open, what other realizations are there?

Should we not test our realization with reason? How else do we test it?

I believe everything is united in a medium. You may call it what you may. We can't communicate without a medium. It is what unites everything together. I feel other religions are describing this medium and Christianity is too. The medium is beyond words so the proof would have to be in the individual experience. If a religion offers something that intensifies the spiritual experience accept it and if it doesn't don't worry about it. Christianity has hurt many on the path, but we must get over it there are other ways, but there is not need to be a Christian hater. It goes both ways a Christian hater hates anyone who is not Christian and a Christian hater is a person who hates Christians. There is no difference.

Why is it that there's always someone who wants to "unify" a spiritual experience or something along those lines? One religion was enough already. Some of us don't want that in our lives. Some of us just want to live our lives the way they are right now without all that spiritual inner self drama.

Everyone lives their own life. The only thing stopping you from not living the way you want is yourself. Ideas of unity will not stop anyone from living their life the way they want. You can think the way you want too. When two people give an idea, the idea is either accepted or not. If accepted the person leaves with an extra idea that he/she makes their own and if one does not accept the idea nothing is lost. Have fun on your path, may bliss guide you to your destination.

ExChristians I thought would be more positive and reflective and some of the posts do reflect this while others didn't respond to the ideas but threw stones similar to a Christian fundamentalist.
Um, have you read our Ex-timonies, Unity? You do know what this board is all about? This is a recovery zone for people who have had bad experiences with Christianity. Not a hiring hall for people who just want to sample a different flavour of the cult from which they ran screaming. There are exceptions, but the vast majority of us are now walking non-Christian paths with *no* intention of returning.
Do you not agree with the inner realization? I am open, what other realizations are there?
How can anyone "agree" with an inner realization? It is, by its very nature, subjective and not open to falsification or comparison. (Which is also why one's subjective experience appears to us to be the only possible realization.)
If a religion offers something that intensifies the spiritual experience accept it and if it doesn't don't worry about it.
IMHO, religion and spirituality don't have a lot to offer each other. They're on the same road but going in opposite directions.
Christianity has hurt many on the path, but we must get over it...
Why "must" we get over it? It's part of our experience. Forcing oneself to arbitrarily discard past experience is, quite frankly, psychologically unhealthy and a waste of energy. Just like the concept of forgiveness -- It is not obligatory and happens (or not) in its own time.

Astreja I wish you the best in your dealings with Unity. I wish that I could help you out, but I can't make heads or tails of what he/she is saying. I've rarely experienced anything like it. Unity's words slide off me like water off a duck's back. It's like there is nothing there to register. Good luck!

Most people don't like Christianity because the people in that religion are so negative and judgemental.

Here is problem number one with you Unity. You tell people the way things are. You do not listen. You do not ask. Which leads to what I said and say again to you as an individual:

Last time you were here you sounded like you were spamming. This time you're hear again, you sound like you're spamming. Why?

The answer is in how you approach talking to people. You do not ask. You do not try to get to know us. You do not appear to listen. You come in like some “authority” who knows better than others, like you have some product to peddle to us.

ExChristians I thought would be more positive and reflective and some of the posts do reflect this while others didn't respond to the ideas but threw stones similar to a Christian fundamentalist.

Way to not take personal responsibility for your actions Unity! Accuse us of throwing stones at you because we “hate” you for your beliefs. That is utter nonsense Unity. This is about you as a person. This is about the “air of superiority” you come in here with, not trying to get to know us, not trying to dialog, but to “show us the way” and advertise your web site. It feels like you see us as potential customers for to peddle your wares to, not unique people with anything to offer you.

This is offensive. You are offending others. You are not taking responsibility for offending others. You are blaming others for not accepting you personally. On the contrary, it is the one who does not listen and presumes to have the superior “way” that is most like the fundamentalist, Unity. I do not see spiritual enlightenment at work in you. I see a cloak of mysticism concealing something else altogether different.

If you wish to accuse me of throwing stones, then I view you as disingenuously playing the victim here.

Christianity has hurt many on the path, but we must get over it there are other ways, but there is not need to be a Christian hater. It goes both ways a Christian hater hates anyone who is not Christian and a Christian hater is a person who hates Christians. There is no difference.

There you go calling us something we’re not. Would you really like to understand what it is that I find so unhealthy about all this? People hide behind religion and do not take responsibility for their own actions. This separates individuals from one another, and consequently does anything but promote unity, Unity. How can someone be one with the universe when they are insincere with themselves? I could easily go on, but I leave it at that for you to consider.

The short answer, Unity, is that you are a tool.

And this 'christ-conciousness' pablum you're here to push is for suckers. Take it somewhere else.

My post were not about unity the person. I threw out ideas and the person was attacked. I think ideas change, develope and grow with discussion and dialogue. Yes, the ideas should be attacked that way they evolve. I don't think we are posting to make friends, but to exchange ideas so we can all grow together in a rational approach. This means picking apart the ideas and either countering them or expanding on them. The person posting is not the subject of the post.