Goodbye Jesus

Do You Still Listen To Christian Music?

PeaceOfMind

A few days back i realised i still had some Christian bands down as my favourites on myspace which then made me realise i still had my Christian tunes on my ipod and itunes and so i went on a major deleting spree.

I occasionally find myself humming along to my old faves, and then stop when i catch myself. Or i change the words and start singing about how great i am :-)

I don't think i'll ever stop listening to ALL xian music, for example it's a family tradition of ours to go to see Handel's Messiah performed in December every year and for me that's just part of Christmas now.

But as for putting on a Christian rock/worship cd - no chance!

I still listen to Christian artists for the same reason that I listened to secular music when I was a Christian... I like the music and couldn't give shit about the lyrics. I can't sing anyway, so it's not like I sing along very often. I never cared for Worship music, so I don't listen to that. But artists like Underoath and Zao I enjoy.

I still listen to Christian artists for the same reason that I listened to secular music when I was a Christian... I like the music and couldn't give a shit about the lyrics. I can't sing anyway, so it's not like I sing along very often. I never cared for Worship music, so I don't listen to that. But artists like Underoath and Zao I enjoy.

Nah, I don't listen to xian music. The only time I might is if I put my ol xian band's album on just to remember the bad ol days. Oh ya, and I guess at xmas time, I might enjoy an xmas carol or two. Haven't tested that one out yet.

I think most christian rock is horrible, so I don't listen to that.

I will listen to carols during the holidays, but not exclusively.

I still listen to Christian music sometimes, but not often. I listen because I like the music, not the lyrics.

I never could get into any Christian bands (unless U2 counts :) ) because they never seemed quite as good as the secular ones. Maybe because there just aren't as many to pick from? I don't know... does anyone else share that opinion, that they're just not as good?

Guest Thoth-Amon

As far as Christian music is concerned I of course love Gregorian Chant, Classical composers, etc. As far as Christian bands, the only one I really like is Saviour Machine (though I haven't listened to them in quite some time).

As far as Christian music is concerned I of course love Gregorian Chant, Classical composers, etc. As far as Christian bands, the only one I really like is Saviour Machine (though I haven't listened to them in quite some time).

A lot of the classics are okay. But when it comes to hymns and new Christian music, never liked it and probably never will.

Whether it being worship, contemporary, or just plain Christian rock in general, do you, at some point, still find yourself listening to Christian music? For myself I will rarely listen, albeit for a select few bands.

Every now and then some Rich Mullins and Petra randomly shuffle through my winamp. Nothing more than just songs that remind me of when i was younger.

I enjoy a few xian musicians, such as Sufjan Stevens & Viva Voce, and also some Sixpence None the Richer, Joy Electric, and maybe some Anberlin. Also, while I don't really listen them anymore per se, I think Extol's "Undeceived" was (musically speaking) the best death metal I've heard. And wasn't the guy from Sunny Day Real Estate a Christian?

I enjoy all types of religious/sacred classical music, e.g. Bach, Handel, Palestrina, etc.

Just to elaborate a little more here, as I hadn't mentioned earlier, I will at times listen to alot of the "harder" Christian metal, mostly from Tourniquet. I do find them quite talented, or at least their drummer, Ted Kirkpatrick, is talented.

Does Clay Aiken count as an xtian singer? He's still a little hottie with a big cock in my books whether he's xtian or not. :wicked:

I really like Sixpence None the Richer, though I don't have any of their stuff. I also hung onto a few Xian Metal bands, such as the Death Metal band Living Sacrifice and the Xian Black Metal ( :HaHa: ) bands Horde and Antestor. But I don't listen to them much, either.