Goodbye Jesus

Satanic Morals

KT45

Well I've been reading the Satanic Bible as you can see on my Sig. Surprisingly it is hard to put down as i read the whole book in one day (it was short but still hard to put down). I was also shocked about how many different things I agreed with and how I could see morals from another point of view. I want to refrain from giving comments but I would like your thoughts on certain morals of Satanism that were harder for me to grasp or accept. Here is the website for more info. There is also a place to download the Satanic Bible that I will provide if someone wants it.

http://www.dpjs.co.uk/ethics.html

Eleventh Satanic Rules of Earth - When walking in open territory, bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask him to stop. If he does not stop, destroy him

It is not ethical to allow our species to decay and self destruct because the individuals that make up society are too meek to confront aggravating behavior. This statement accords with Lex Talionis that we will get to later in this text.

"I do not interpret "destroy" to mean "kill", as this would be stupid to kill those who merely bother me. I interpret this to mean that you should not take any shit whilst going about your life. Don't let yourself get trampled on. "Destroy" means that you remove that person as a risk"

"If a man smite you on one cheek, SMASH him on the other! Smite him hip and thigh! [...] Give blow for blow, scorn for scorn, doom for doom - with compound interest liberally added thereunto! [...] Make yourself a Terror to your adversary, and when he goeth his way, he will possess much additional wisdom to ruminate over. Thus shall you make yourself respected in all the walks of life, and your spirit [...] shall live, not in an intangible paradise, but in the brains and sinews of those whose respect you have gained."

Satanic Bible: Book of Satan 2:7-9

4. Satan represents kindness to those who deserve it, instead of love wasted on ingrates!

The third Sin: Solipsism

Can be very dangerous for Satanists. Projecting your reactions, responses and sensibilities onto someone who is probably far less attuned than you are. It is the mistake of expecting people to give you the same consideration, courtesy and respect that you naturally give them. They won't. Instead, Satanists must strive to apply the dictum of "Do unto others as they do unto you." It's work for most of us and requires constant vigilance lest you slip into a comfortable illusion of everyone being like you. As has been said, certain utopias would be ideal in a nation of philosophers, but unfortunately (or perhaps fortunately, from a Machiavellian standpoint) we are far from that point.

Note: All Regularly Contributing Patrons enjoy Ex-Christian.net advertisement free.
Eleventh Satanic Rules of Earth - When walking in open territory, bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask him to stop. If he does not stop, destroy him

I believe that many of the rules we set up in society are geared towards weakening us as individuals and the species as a whole. This is a good example. Why must we be tolerant of someone who is behaving in an unacceptable manner? For the good of the person behaving this way you should react negatively that they will learn the folly of their behaviour.

Another example: germs. So many people try and shield their children from coming into contact with any germs or bacteria, keeping them in perpetually sterile environments, thinking they're preventing disease and infection. In reality what they're doing is denying their child the opportunity to be exposed to pathogens so that their bodies can build up resistances to disease and infections.

In my darker moments I often think thoughts that others might balk at. For example... if a child is too stupid to realise the danger of running after a ball onto a busy road then is it not a good thing for the human gene pool that that stupidity might be removed by a speeding car? If certain people are naturally more resistent to diseases like cancer others are not, then is it so wrong for those who are not resistant to be removed from the gene pool so that the human species is strengthened in future generations? This is the way evolution has always worked, and I feel that sometimes we try to interfere with a process that has worked for hundreds of millions of years.

But only in my darker moments :)

Satanism is like buddhism.......in reverse. Instead of freeing yourself from your desires, you indulge yourself in them.

Satanism encourages its followers to indulge in their natural desires. Only by doing so can you be a completely satisfied person with no frustrations which can be harmful to yourself and others around you. Therefore, the most simplified description of the Satanic belief is: indulgence instead of abstinence.

You accept yourself as you are. A human with lust, pride, envy, gluttony and hate. It's a very interesting twist on things and a perspective I never even heard anyone spoken of. Do you feel this is a good way of thinking? I didn't think so. How could pride, envy, hate and gluttony be good. The book explained

The seven deadly sins of the Christian Church are: greed, pride, envy, anger, gluttony, lust, and sloth. Satanism advocates indulging in each of these "sins" as they all lead to physical, mental, or emotional gratification.Satanists are encouraged to indulge in the seven deadly sins, as they need hurt no one; they were only invented by the Christian Church to insure guilt on the part of its followers. A Satanist knows there is nothing wrong with being greedy, as it only means that he wants more than he already has. Envy means to look with favor upon the possessions of others, and to be desirous of obtaining similar things for oneself. Envy and greed are the motivating forces of ambition - and without ambition, very little of any importance would be accomplished. Gluttony is considered by LaVey to be equally innocuous, since it is merely of eating more than is needed to maintain life. When carried to extremes it serves to trigger yet another sin, pride, which will then motivate the individual so affected to take action in an attempt to regain his appearance and restore his self-respect.

Even though times have changed, and always will, man remains basically the same. For two thousand years man has done penance for something he never should have had to feel guilty about in the first place. We are tired of denying ourselves the pleasures of life which we deserve. [...] Why not have a religion based on indulgence? Certainly, it is consistent with the nature of the beast. We are no longer supplicating weaklings trembling before an unmerciful "God" who cares not whether we live or die. We are self-respecting, prideful people - we are Satanists!"

The Satanic Bible, Book of Lucifer 3:para 37-38

Oh and can anyone tell me how the book of the Subgenius is?

It would be a great book for Co-Dependants Annonymous

Very interesting. I didnt think they were quite like that. I think this book peaked my interest now. :HaHa:

Taylork45 was right, its exactly the reverse of Buddhism. Its not really a bad way of thinking just a different way of thinking.

Can you read that online? I really like the philosophy...

I need to check it out.

I read the Satanic Bible a long time ago myself and I enjoyed it myself. The section on psychic vampires was particularly enlightening to me at the time.

"Indulge and don't be stupid about it." Is a pretty good message, I think. There is nothing wrong with feeling greed, pride, envy, anger, gluttony, lust, and sloth. But if you're lusting to the point of stalking, and lazy to the point that you don't have a job and expect others to take care of you, then you deserve to get your ass kicked and given no sympathy till you straighten up.

I never thought about it as Buddhism in reverse, but that's a pretty good description. :grin:

You can download the Satanic Bible here, so you don't have to buy it. I probably will later though for future reference.

http://digg.com/offbeat_news/Website_offer...r_free_download

or

http://www.satanic-bible.com/

11. When walking in open territory, bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask him to stop. If he does not stop, destroy him

** Not sure about that one

[/indent]

I wasn't sure about that one. But you have to remember that the number one sin for a satanist is stupidity. it would be stupid to kill someone for bothering you. here are some notes I found
"I do not interpret "destroy" to mean "kill", as this would be stupid to kill those who merely bother me. I interpret this to mean that you should not take any shit whilst going about your life. Don't let yourself get trampled on. "Destroy" means that you remove that person as a risk"

I too have the Satanic bible. I bought it from a bookstore a few years ago. Though I see my self as an atheist, there is quite some wisdom within Lavey's words. The Satanic bible is far kinder, rational and more relevent to my life than the holy one.

:woohoo:

11. When walking in open territory, bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask him to stop. If he does not stop, destroy him

** Not sure about that one

[/indent]

I wasn't sure about that one. But you have to remember that the number one sin for a satanist is stupidity. it would be stupid to kill someone for bothering you. here are some notes I found

Actually, I was referring to this one:

If a guest in your lair annoys you, treat him cruelly and without mercy

But if we translate into, "Take no crap, confront people on their lack of consideration," it probably works. It is much better than the "silently take crap and forgive everything" philosophy.

I whimped out and deleted my post, sorry.

Certain parts of the satanic bible, I like. Others I don't. Most of the 7 deadly sins are not actually virtues. Gluttony has never helped anyone, and envy and greed are poor motivators compared to pride (the most important virtue). Sure, it's much better than many other religious sets of values, but they rely too much on shock value for it to be valid. It has absolutely nothing to do with Lucifer, why name it after him? It's still a fun read, though (as are all philosophical things).

Ha I finally found the full comment on ALL of the seven deadly sins that are in the satanic bible

The seven deadly sins of the Christian Church are: greed, pride, envy, anger, gluttony, lust, and sloth. Satanism advocates indulging in each of these "sins" as they all lead to physical, mental, or emotional gratification.

A Satanist knows there is nothing wrong with being greedy, as it only means that he wants more tha he already has. Envy means to look with favor upon the possessions of others, and to be desirous of obtaining similar things for oneself. Envy and greed are the motivating forces of ambition- and without ambition, very little of any importance would be accomplished.

Gluttony is simply eating more than you need to keep yourself alive. When you have overeaten to the point of obesity, another sin-pride-will motivated you to regain an appearance that will renew your self-respect.

Anyone who buys an article of clothing for a purpose other than covering his body and prtecting it from the elements is guilty of pride. Satanists often encounter scoffers who maintain that labels are not necessary. It must be pointed out to these destroyers of labesl that one or many articles they themselves are wearing are not necessary to keep them warm. There is not a person on this earth who is completely devoid of ornamentation. The Satanist points out that any ornamentatoin of the scoffer's body shows that he, too, is guilty of pride. Regardless of how verbose the cynic may be int his intellectual description of how free he is, he is still wearing the elements of pride.

Being reluctant to get up in the morning is to be guilty of sloth, and if you lie in bed long enough you may find yourself commiting another sin- lust. To have the faintest stirring of sexual desire is to be guilty of lust. In order to insure the propagation of humanity, nature made lust the second most powerful instinct, the first being self-preservation. Realizing this, the Christian Church made fornicatoins the "Original Sin." In this way they made sure no one would escape sin. Your very start of being is as a result of sin- the Original sin!

The strongest instinct in every living things is self-preservation, which brings us to the last of the seven deadly sins- anger. Is it not our instinct for self-preservation that is aroused when someone harms us, when we become angry enough to protect ourselves from further attack? A Satanist practices the motto, "If a man smite thee on one cheek, smash him on the other!" Let no wrong go unredressed. Be as a loin in the path- be dangerous even in defeat!

Since man's natural instincts lead him to sin, all men are sinners; and all sinners go to hell. If everyone goes to hell, then you will meet all your friends there. Heaven must be populated with some rather starnge creatures if all they lived for was to go to a place where they can strum harps for eternity.

See guys there is nothing wrong with performing the seven deadly sins everyday. Just do it. It will be fine........ :pureevil:

It's really interesting, I never took the time to read the Satanic Bible before. I find myself agreeing with a lot more than I thought (or would have ever thought just a few years ago) of what LaVey presents. I really don't think I could become a Satanist, I'm too kind I guess, but the way he presents things makes so much more sense than the Babble.

did they remove the ebook? I get 0 bytes when I try to save it.

I read TSB in October 1989... was really freeing at the time and I do believe the book changed my life. It lead me to meet someone in 1991 that I probably wouldn't have, and she changed my path so I found Wayne Dyer's books in 1993... and THAT really changed my life.

TSB had some great words of wisdom. Like Kurari, the part about psychic vampires was awesome at the time. And how curses work on others.

yep, that's where I am... I get a blocked pop up, and if I unblock it I get an ad, and then a 0 byte file is saved.. oh well, I guess I'm not supposed to have it in .pdf

I read the Satanic Bible when I was about 16, so it has been a very long time. Still the worldview it presented struck me even then as horribly self-centered and selfish. Perhaps it is a vestiage of the Christian culture that was hammered into me, but Satanism is not a philosophy I could see leading the world into a better tomorrow. Often those things which do improve life for millions of deserving people, also benefit those who the Satanic philosophy would call undeserving. It was an interesting read, and there were some tenets I agreed with, but overall it was not a philosophy I felt I could embrace with a clean conscience. To each there own though.

I can't download it either. I get a 0kb pdf file that can't be opened.

Not really all that worried about it. Don't really care all that much about reading it.

I read the Satanic Bible when I was about 16, so it has been a very long time. Still the worldview it presented struck me even then as horribly self-centered and selfish. Perhaps it is a vestiage of the Christian culture that was hammered into me, but Satanism is not a philosophy I could see leading the world into a better tomorrow. Often those things which do improve life for millions of deserving people, also benefit those who the Satanic philosophy would call undeserving. It was an interesting read, and there were some tenets I agreed with, but overall it was not a philosophy I felt I could embrace with a clean conscience. To each there own though.

Personally, I don't see the SB as something I would read because I want to put the stuff into practice. I see it as something that will help me consider, or visualize, what it would be like to break the judeo-christian moral system I learned as a child.

For people like me who have those values engraved in our brains, it may help us find some balance. Put another way, I have a lot of "white" in my brain, perhaps if I combine it with the "black" of the SB, I can come up with the "grey" I want.

The Church of Satan crap is deliberately playing into the Judeo-Christian mindset. I agree with Jeydid, it is a self-centered philosophy and is not practical. For instance, would you warn your child once then destroy him or her? Nothing more than a juvenile rant, discarding Christian particulars, while retaining the mindset and packaging.

I agree with Bruce. I downloaded it last night and started reading some of it. It seems to me that he is just taking each Christian lesson and countering it in a juvenile way, as if he's thumbing his nose at the Christians. I can realize this because he calls it the CHURCH of Satan and the Satanic BIBLE. It's just a way to piss off the Christians, IMO.

It's hedonism, or irrational self-interest.

Guest Thoth-Amon

I too have the Satanic bible. I bought it from a bookstore a few years ago. Though I see my self as an atheist, there is quite some wisdom within Lavey's words. The Satanic bible is far kinder, rational and more relevent to my life than the holy one.

Actually the Church of Satan is atheistic, so considering oneself an atheist does not mean one cannot be a Satanist... in fact atheism is part of the whole Satanic philosophy.

Actually the Church of Satan is atheistic, so considering oneself an atheist does not mean one cannot be a Satanist... in fact atheism is part of the whole Satanic philosophy.

There is a big difference between perusing the SB and calling oneself a satanist!

Guest Thoth-Amon

There is a big difference between perusing the SB and calling oneself a satanist!

Of course... never said otherwise.