Goodbye Jesus

Satanic Morals

KT45

Some satanist call themselves god. Are they then Atheist?

I would venture to say they are then idiots. If they are still atheists though.....hard to say.

I thought they practiced spells and magick.

(BTW: I can't download the book either.)

Christianity does drill co-dependancy into it's followers, there are some people who need to not be so nice and put themselves first for a change.

What's with the indulgence thing? Sure, I'd like to have that whole cheescake, but I might as well tape the thing on my thighs to begin wih becasue that's where it would end up.

I dunno, I just think of Satanist as some teen or young adult who still lives with their parents, who uses it as an excuse to sit on their ass most of the time.

Here's the book for those who can't download it :

Thank You!

I've been familiar with LaVeyan Satanism for a long time, and after having read the Satanic Bible, I give it a very positive overall review.

As has been said, it's generally a more positive outlook than the one presented in the Xian Bible, for example. LaVey made many good points, and granted that most of the ethics presented are really just normal human instincts written down in a codified form, it's a good head-check to see them like that.

There are good points and bad about LaVeyan Satanism. Personally, I have very little negative to say. Yes, Satanists are triyng to be good and decent and so on, but draping themselves in an "evil" asthetic, to me, is like keeping a grip on Abrahamic mtyhology. Abrahamic mtyhology has proven itself to be harmful and sick, so why reference it at all, even if it's identifying with it's evil characters in order to oppose it? Perhaps some people find that helpful, especially when they're trying to leave an Abrahamic cult, but I think the best way to fight Abrahamism is to simply ignore it totally.

I don't know where I fall in regards to magic. Though, if I were to finally cast my lot for magic and its effectiveness, it would be along the same lines as LaVey presented it. Magic, according to TSB, is basically focusing one's will and directing it to accomplish a certain goal. LaVey breaks down his explanations of magical theory and practice in what I believe are very logical terms, so I think that if magic is real and possible, LaVey's explanations of how magic works strike nearest to the truth.

But all that speculation aside, I can see where some would think Satanism to be very selfish. LaVey certainly is guilty of plagarism in that much of the chapter of TSB known as the "Book of Satan" was copied word-for-word from Ragnar Redbeard's "Might is Right", yet even then LaVey's book is more engaging and readable. It can be a fun page-turner at times.

And studying Satanism helps me keep an open-mind. With the emphasis on doing what you need to to make a ritual work for you, it has helped me remember that people need to make their own choices when it comes to religion and personal practice and belief (or lack thereof) because only you know what's best for you.

I think Satanism, while imperfect as any human invention is, is overall a pretty good thing. Personally, I apply the concepts I culled from TSB to my own religious practices and ethical outlook, especially as most ancestral religions only survive in fractured, incomplete form. If personifying a bunch of moral concepts and calling them "Satan" and wearing baphomets works for some people, then that's fine. There's something to be learned from it, and if I weren't Heathen, I'd be a Satanist to some degree, I'm sure.

In many ways, I probably am.

Oh and can anyone tell me how the book of the Subgenius is?

The books of "Bob" are essential to not only unlocking your true destiny as a swinging mutant Yeti, but in draining every last, precious drop of slack out of an unfeeling world. :mellow:

Seriously, it's your only hope. :shrug:

Remember, "It's good to feel good. It's bad to feel bad."

180px-Dobbsicon.jpg

The Enochian keys were originally the work of Dr John Dee and Edward Kelley. If you're interested in Lavey, you might like the author he stole from the most-Aleister Crowley.

The Enochian keys were originally the work of Dr John Dee and Edward Kelley. If you're interested in Lavey, you might like the author he stole from the most-Aleister Crowley.

What book of theirs closely resembles LaVeys work

Oh and can anyone tell me how the book of the Subgenius is?

The books of "Bob" are essential to not only unlocking your true destiny as a swinging mutant Yeti, but in draining every last, precious drop of slack out of an unfeeling world. :mellow:

Seriously, it's your only hope. :shrug:

180px-Dobbsicon.jpg

I should get it then.

Here's the book for those who can't download it :

Thank You!

You're welcome :grin:

Guest Thoth-Amon

Some satanist call themselves god. Are they then Atheist?

They call themselves "gods of their own subjective universes". Not gods in the senses in which the word is employed. You can go to the Church of Satan website and their are some articles that clearly state that they do not believe in external deities, etc. I forget which articles though.

Guest Thoth-Amon

I've been familiar with LaVeyan Satanism for a long time, and after having read the Satanic Bible, I give it a very positive overall review.

As has been said, it's generally a more positive outlook than the one presented in the Xian Bible, for example. LaVey made many good points, and granted that most of the ethics presented are really just normal human instincts written down in a codified form, it's a good head-check to see them like that.

There are good points and bad about LaVeyan Satanism. Personally, I have very little negative to say. Yes, Satanists are triyng to be good and decent and so on, but draping themselves in an "evil" asthetic, to me, is like keeping a grip on Abrahamic mtyhology. Abrahamic mtyhology has proven itself to be harmful and sick, so why reference it at all, even if it's identifying with it's evil characters in order to oppose it? Perhaps some people find that helpful, especially when they're trying to leave an Abrahamic cult, but I think the best way to fight Abrahamism is to simply ignore it totally.

I don't know where I fall in regards to magic. Though, if I were to finally cast my lot for magic and its effectiveness, it would be along the same lines as LaVey presented it. Magic, according to TSB, is basically focusing one's will and directing it to accomplish a certain goal. LaVey breaks down his explanations of magical theory and practice in what I believe are very logical terms, so I think that if magic is real and possible, LaVey's explanations of how magic works strike nearest to the truth.

But all that speculation aside, I can see where some would think Satanism to be very selfish. LaVey certainly is guilty of plagarism in that much of the chapter of TSB known as the "Book of Satan" was copied word-for-word from Ragnar Redbeard's "Might is Right", yet even then LaVey's book is more engaging and readable. It can be a fun page-turner at times.

And studying Satanism helps me keep an open-mind. With the emphasis on doing what you need to to make a ritual work for you, it has helped me remember that people need to make their own choices when it comes to religion and personal practice and belief (or lack thereof) because only you know what's best for you.

I think Satanism, while imperfect as any human invention is, is overall a pretty good thing. Personally, I apply the concepts I culled from TSB to my own religious practices and ethical outlook, especially as most ancestral religions only survive in fractured, incomplete form. If personifying a bunch of moral concepts and calling them "Satan" and wearing baphomets works for some people, then that's fine. There's something to be learned from it, and if I weren't Heathen, I'd be a Satanist to some degree, I'm sure.

In many ways, I probably am.

Good analysis. I agree with several aspects of LaVeyan Satanism but have some issues with them myself. I've got a kickass Baphomet t-shirt though. That's about as Satanic as I'm gonna get for now. :lol:

The satanists are the ones who like to tell wiccans they practice "fluffy bunny magic" and that they try to ignore the dark side. I know a satanist and she's really a nice person, apart from the "fluffy bunny" remarks... :loser:

I've got a kickass Baphomet t-shirt though. That's about as Satanic as I'm gonna get for now. :lol:

Oooh, wear that at Christmas time, and see if any Christians catch on. Try it at a church bazaar. :HaHa: A lot of them probably know nothing about Baphomet, though.

Guest Thoth-Amon

I've got a kickass Baphomet t-shirt though. That's about as Satanic as I'm gonna get for now. :lol:

Oooh, wear that at Christmas time, and see if any Christians catch on. Try it at a church bazaar. :HaHa: A lot of them probably know nothing about Baphomet, though.

:lmao:

The Church of Satan crap is deliberately playing into the Judeo-Christian mindset. I agree with Jeydid, it is a self-centered philosophy and is not practical. For instance, would you warn your child once then destroy him or her? Nothing more than a juvenile rant, discarding Christian particulars, while retaining the mindset and packaging.

I agree. Seems like something a 19 y.o. goth geek wrote out of spite for his strict christian upbringing.

Just my two cents here: To turn the other chek every time someone slapped your face would be weak and foolish. To smash the other person every time would be overly aggressive and foolish. SOmetimes we gotta turn the other cheek, sometimes it's clobberin' time.

One of the greatest benefits of giving up religion, for me, was freeing my mind from dogma. Why would anyone give up religion they were born into only to turn to dogma in a different form? SOunds like a weakness in character to me.

Vision and the Voice by Aleister Crowley.

See the following url for Dr Dee's works.

Writings of John Dee

It's funny, the tone of the Crowley work sounds exactly like the deranged rant of the Book of Revelations.

I wonder if they( the authors of the book of revelations and A. Crowley) were doing the same mind altering chemicals, probably something truly brain damaging like methanol or turpentine.

All this time intolerable rays are shooting forth to beat me back or

destroy me; but I am encased in an egg of blue-violet, and my form is the form

of a man with the head of a golden hawk. While I have been observing this,

the goddess has kept up a continuous wail, like the baying of a thousand

hounds; and now her voice is deep and guttural and hoarse, and she breathes

very rapidly words that I cannot hear. I can hear some of them now.

UNTU LA LA ULULA UMUNA TOFA LAMA LE LI NA AHR IMA TAHARA ELULA ETFOMA UNUNA

ARPETI ULU ULU ULU MARABAN ULULU MAHATA ULU ULU LAMASTANA.

I mean WTF?

Crowley was a mystic and a Magus of the highest order. Mystics share a similar state of mind, a kind of Universal consciousness, or Cosmic consciousness. Plus you have to remember that Crowley was raised in a fundamentalist Christian sect. Although he later came to hate Christianity with a great passion, his experiences were colored by his upbringing. For a really trippy experience, check out his Book of the Law.

Anton Lavey describes his religion, LaVeyan Satanism, as "just Ayn Rand's philosophy with ceremony and ritual added".

How is Satanism and Ayn Rand similar?

How is Satanism and Ayn Rand similar?

I found my own answer

http://www.churchofsatan.com/Pages/SatObj.html

Objectivism, the philosophy of Ayn Rand, is an acknowledged source for some of the Satanic philosophy as outlined in The Satanic Bible by Anton LaVey. Ayn Rand was a brilliant and insightful author and philosopher and her best-selling novels Atlas Shrugged and The Fountainhead continue to attract deserved attention for a new generation of readers. I am a strong admirer of Ayn Rand but I am an even stronger admirer of Anton LaVey for the vital differences between the philosophies of Objectivism and Satanism.

First, Objectivism holds that metaphysics, that branch of philosophy which concerns itself with the nature of reality, determines the nature of epistemology (which is concerned with how man acquires knowledge) as well as ethics (which is concerned with valuing human action), politics (social ethics) and art. Current philosophical disagreement on this issue still continues. It is, in fact, an unproven assertion by Rand that one's metaphysical assumptions determine one's ethics.

You don't have to start with metaphysics to create your ethics. Satanism does not assert that the fundamental truth of the nature of reality (metaphysics) is known. In fact, Satanists utilize two different metaphysical assumptions regarding reality as evidenced in Satanic ritual as opposed to the rest of life. In effect, Satanists are pragmatic regarding their beliefs concerning reality. Thus, as Satanists do not claim to know the absolute “truth” regarding what is real they are, by definition, not “Objectivists” who hold that reality is totally objective. Satanists proclaim that doubt is vital in the absence of proof. At this fundamental level there is division between the two views of reality.

Second, Satanism does not hold that “a life appropriate to a rational being” is the sole standard of ethical right as does Objectivism. If anything, Satanism holds that indulgence in life or “fun” as perceived by the individual is the highest standard of ethics. Satanists see that Objectivism has enthroned reason above the individual as opposed to utilizing this sole means to knowledge as a tool to achieve a purpose. Satanism enthrones the individual as a whole, not reason, as the supreme standard to determine the value of actions (ethics).

Third, Rand's philosophy rejects as ethical accepting the sacrifice of another to one's self (to paraphrase the end of Galt's oath from Atlas Shrugged). The Satanic view sees as ethical the reality of domination of the weak by the strong. The assertion in Objectivism is that the use of force to cause others to submit to the will of the stronger or cleverer individual is "wrong" for the individual. This is a second major assertion which Satanism finds unproven by the Objectivists. Consequently, the Satanist is far more flexible in the choice of actions available than is the Objectivist who cannot simply accept his personal needs as absolutely reliable to determine the best course of action in any circumstance.

Fourth, Objectivism is purely atheistic with a complete rejection of the value of a god in their metaphysics. The Satanic view of this is in pure agreement except in two areas. The Satanist holds that the meaning of god is useful when one holds it to mean the most important person in an individual's universe and chooses that person to be himself. The Satanist also ascribes magical god-like qualities to himself when indulging in the alternate view of reality enjoyed in ritual. In both instances, Satanism sees the cultural effect of religion and god as an emotional asset to be tapped rather than simply rejected. In other words Satanism is a religion (with the individual as God) and Objectism isn't.

Let me conclude this brief overview by adding that Satanism has far more in common with Objectivism than with any other religion or philosophy. Objectivists endorse reason, selfishness, greed and atheism. Objectivism sees Christianity, Islam and Judaism as anti-human and evil. The writings of Ayn Rand are inspiring and powerful. If the reader has not yet experienced her power, try her novelette Anthem for a taste. You will almost certainly come back for more.

At the same time, Satanism is a “brutal” as well as a selfish philosophy. We do not hold, as do the Objectivists that the universe is “benevolent.” Satanists view the world as neutral, beyond the concepts of benevolent or treacherous, good or evil. Satanism enables the Satanist to codify his life beyond the ethical and metaphysical straightjacket which Objectivism unfortunately offers. This is not written to attack Objectivism but merely to clarify the areas of difference.

Satanism drew from Objectivism as even Rand drew from others. Both are, however, unique. Both are different from the other.