Goodbye Jesus

An Office Debate

Greydon Square

Hey, I'm black too! Dammit!

... and sistas! I can't forget the sistas! :)

Hmm... I hope you don't think I'm a sista... 'Cuz I'm not. A sista, that is.

As am I.

Its funny cause im thinkin about doing a documentary on black atheism and how rare it is in the black community

Oh boy, oh boy! Are you going to let Dave post it?

As am I.

Its funny cause im thinkin about doing a documentary on black atheism and how rare it is in the black community

Oh boy, oh boy! Are you going to let Dave post it?

i can....lol

Here's how I see his debating techniques:

1. He offers an argument for why what is written in the bible isn’t a contradiction

2. When his argument is shown to be fallacious, he claims you can’t understand it without special revelation through the eyes of the spirit, negating any purpose for offering an apology in the first place

3. When this fails, he appeals to emotional experiences

4. When he is brought back to his first argument, he justifies not explaining any further saying the Bible says he shouldn’t debate, which is what he did in the first place by offering an apology for the contradiction in the Bible

5. He then offers another argument to prove God by citing the fit-any-time-period prophecy of earthquakes and wars in the last days, contradicting both the he shouldn’t debate, and that you can’t understand without special revelation of the spirit

6. He then justifies himself running from the debate by citing the “shake the dust off your sandals” verse

7. He then attempts to put himself into the superior position by patronizing you by praying for a blessing from God upon you

Summary: He follows the typical Christian apologist line, speaking with confidence and assurance using reason to explain God until challenged, then degrading into denying the merits of reason, then to appealing to “feeling” God, then to persuade himself he has the superior position by assuming himself to be some poor, rejected-by-man prophet of God, as he shakes the dust of his sandals off at you. Nice! A True Christian is a master in the art of self-delusion.

BTW, you’re a very good debater. He got out as quickly as he did because he stood no chance against you.

That was an impressive summary of the debate...maybe we should switch places, it almost seems like you couldve predicted the direction of the debate from the beginning.

Thanks for the compliment

If any fundy type tried to start up a debate at work, I'd just say I didn't have time for that, which would be true -- I don't. Either that, or flat-out refuse to discuss religion with him. Work is for working, not preaching.

Hell... why not report them! :woohoo:

It's Canada up here. We win! :wicked: