Goodbye Jesus

Constructive Criticism For This Site

mick

The one thing I do miss a little, is we used to get a lot more Christians that would come here to debate, like really hardcore fundies, and that was pretty entertaining. I don't know what happened but it seems we don't see too many like that here anymore....

I have a thought on that. Maybe some kind of advertising would get more people to join and xtians to come here to talk about whatever they want to talk about. Like maybe automotive window stickers that say exchristian.net, T-Shirts or maybe some other form of advertising. I don't know. Maybe someone else has some good ideas about this.

I have a thought on that. Maybe some kind of advertising would get more people to join and xtians to come here to talk about whatever they want to talk about. Like maybe automotive window stickers that say exchristian.net, T-Shirts or maybe some other form of advertising. I don't know. Maybe someone else has some good ideas about this.

Look Here

IMHO, this site is perfect as is, Jesus "blah-blah-blah-ing" and all. If you're not comfortable with the graphics, just use suggestions to remove them while you visit.

My children are 8 and 12 and both know in-depth about my deconversion and in fact have deconverted as well...just two weeks ago my DH told me that he is no longer a Christian either. :woohoo:

Lastly, as far as advertising to get more Christians here for debate? No freakin' way. Anyone who has been here for any length of time knows how utterly agitating and useless debating with hardcore fundies can be. Most of us told them to go away, that we can't go back per scripture anyway so why are you here? Doesn't make much sense to invite people to come to a place you'd rather them not be. :grin:

Thanks Lizard

Just goes to show how much I pay attention :Doh:

• Admin

Well, right now I'm posting using the skin I installed so people could log on with their PDAs or cellphones. There are no graphics at all.

Just use the PDA skin. There's a link for it right under the Jesus Bla Bla Bla icon and at the bottom of the page with the other skin choices.

I sure understand the concern over the harsher stuff--but I wouldn't change a thing. I first came here for the testimonies. I wasn't put off by the blah-jesus or the HUGE EX-christian. I was a little scared and intimidated by some of the postings, tho (Hi Asimov!). But when I was ready (having read the gentler atheist explanation sites), I came right back here and found the very supportive, intelligent, refreshingly honest--and funny site that I am now addicted to, damn it!

I don't recall seeing a links page--but links to other sites might be helpful (maybe rated with little flames...)

So as I'm writing this, my 13 year old son looks over my shoulder and yells "Mom! EX-Christian???!!!" Like EXtreme Christian????!!!". Gotta go, we'll be having a little talk now.....

Wow. I had no idea this thread was going to take off. I think I'm leaning toward all the arguments for leaving it the way it is. I totally agree with the person who saif they DON't want fundies here for debate. This is a place to recover. I have been debating for like three days with some funides and I must admit it is the most fustrating thing I have EVR engaged in. I am litellay like "You seriously think it is JUST to stone children to death?" and they are like Yes, if God does it. Thank Gawd (expression) the fuckers aren't in control of the world anytmore or somebody would burn me at the stake.

I sure understand the concern over the harsher stuff--but I wouldn't change a thing. I first came here for the testimonies. I wasn't put off by the blah-jesus or the HUGE EX-christian. I was a little scared and intimidated by some of the postings, tho (Hi Asimov!). But when I was ready (having read the gentler atheist explanation sites), I came right back here and found the very supportive, intelligent, refreshingly honest--and funny site that I am now addicted to, damn it!

I don't recall seeing a links page--but links to other sites might be helpful (maybe rated with little flames...)

So as I'm writing this, my 13 year old son looks over my shoulder and yells "Mom! EX-Christian???!!!" Like EXtreme Christian????!!!". Gotta go, we'll be having a little talk now.....

• Admin

There is a links page in the left-hand column: http://exchristian.net/archived.php

If the underlying issue is the graphics and you not wanting people to see them. Use firefox, download ad-block, and block all the images on this site that would offend others. I do that for Christian forums I visit. It's as easy as a right click and you've got a cleaner page with no offensive stuff. And no one has to change anything.

I tried Adblock just for the heck of it. I love how you can pick and choose exactly what to block. Also, it remembers your preferences.