Goodbye Jesus

Deconverting; Need Support From Like-minded People

Dakota

I think the thing that suprises me the most now that I'm no longer Christian or religious is how many religious references I see on T.V., On the history channel, Discovery, and the news they state things as if the existence of god is proven fact. This is very annoying to me. I also get highly agitated when I hear christians bitching about being "persecuted". When I was a christian I personally was never persecuted for being one. It wasn't until I made it known I was no longer christian was I persecuted! I saw a show that stated roughly one billion people were atheists and the largest concentration of them was in China and Russia. If the United States keeps going down the tubes and I move to a different country, Russia and China will definetly be on my list!

One other question, for those of you who were former christians, when you left christianity and became an atheist/agnostic or whatever other religion or belief, did you tell your families? How did they react?

By the way, I'd just like to thank everyone whose responded, I really wasn't expecting as many responses from people who genuinely seem to care! Maybe I am to used to the typical Christian response," You need to pray more and/or read your bible more" LOL.