Goodbye Jesus

Language

Johnmilton

Goodbye Jesus

I spent the better part of my life attempting to find words to replace the words I wasn't supposed to be saying, for fear of offending others. Gosh, darn, gosh-darn, crap, crud, golly-gee, etc. just don't cut it. Yet those were acceptable, in spite of the fact that any one who heard you KNEW what word you were substituting it for, and made the mental association any way. So you can hopefully understand why I intentionally, deliberately use as many curse words in my speech as are appropriate for any given occasion. I am particularly fond of creative ways to insert 'curse words' into other words, such as "abso-fucking-lutely." That one's a classic.

The whole concept pisses me off. Remember when Paul was attempting to deal with the whole issue of eating meat that had been previously used as a sacrifice in a pagan temple? I'll boil it down for you - his conclusion was that you shouldn't do it, but only if you are avoiding offending someone else. He also implied that such people are small-minded. I whole-heartedly agree. If I say "FUCK" instead of "OW, that hurt!" and someone is offended by it it is NOT MY FUCKING PROBLEM. I refuse to allow idiots to put their own stupid small-minded pea-brained rules of what are and are not 'acceptable' words on me. I won't put up with that shit any more.

Um, do I sound upset?

hehehehe

caveat - I don't go out of my way to offend others. I don't generally blurt out "Jesus H. Christ" in front of people I know are Christians, like my parents for instance. But just hanging out in public I'll let hell, fuck and damn fly with abandon. It's part of my vocabulary. Deal with it.

:wicked:

Fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck, duck, duck, duck.

Mn, tas foum desn't cnor aytig, W0W, [-]33! [-]33!

You should go find better ways of expressing instead of solely swearing, leet and severe misspelling. I won't correct your spelling unless you ask for it so, you have to sort it out. That is my view.

Profanities don't bother me at all. I can tolerate double-negatives pretty easily and use them on occasion; even though they're grammatically incorrect, I've never heard a double negative that obscured what the person was trying to say.

"l337" or other such internet speak irks the shit out of me, though. It just seems so geeky and idiotic. I don't care if you curse all the time or use double-negatives, but spell the words correctly :ugh:

Language changes over time, and all languages evolve. People should just deal with it.

I'm with you on the internet speak. I find few of the people who use it are often clear on their point nor are they often worth reading. I strike back with a few syllabels from Merriam-Webster.

Mongo