Goodbye Jesus

Fundie Arsehole Of The Year

Toxic

Who do readers think has been the biggest fundie arsehole this year? I nominate Stephen Green of UK fundies Christian Voice.

Ted Haggard, formerly of New Life Church, Colorado Springs CO. Future location probably a jail cell. Teeehhee. The Colorado cops so don;t like meth addicts. (no I've never done meth. But I saw what happened to some neighbors of mine when it was discovered that they were running a meth lab because their septic backed up!

Fred Phelps? A school bus went over an overpass, killing four of the teenagers on board, and that bastard tried to picket the funeral. Fortunately some kind souls parked a bus between his party of degenerates and the funeral, so they couldn't see.

Shirley Phelps. She's been coming out more and more as Fred's delegated voice from his planet and that woman is psycho.

Ted Haggard, formerly of New Life Church, Colorado Springs CO. Future location probably a jail cell. Teeehhee. The Colorado cops so don;t like meth addicts. (no I've never done meth. But I saw what happened to some neighbors of mine when it was discovered that they were running a meth lab because their septic backed up!

I'm going to go with Haggard as well.

He influenced the political scene and had the presidents ear personally. Phelps is an ass no doubt, but him and his band of loons (aka Family) only know how to protest funerals and have zero political pull.

This is a tough one...

a) Ted "I'd Like Some Crystal Meth To Go With That Greased Fist Of Yours" Haggard

B) Jerry "Gays Caused 9/11" Falwell

c) My former tenant/roommate (not as interesting as either of the above, just a scrawny little sanctimonious fuckwad)

d) Pat Robertson

I would say it's a toss up between the Phelps family and the Pearl family. If you don't know about the Pearl family they are a couple who writes xtian "discipline" books which have been implicated in a crime where a foster mother beat and suffocated her foster son Sean Paddock. These fundies believe that plumbing line makes a good switch, and when the police went to investigate her home after the murder they found plumbing line as well as the Pearls' child abusing manuals. I think also this kid's bitch of a foster mother should be nominated along with the Pearls as Fundie Arsehole of the Year.

I suppose Kent Hovind is worth mention, but he's more laughable than he is an ass.

Hm. For this year I'd probably have to go with Haggard also, but Shirley Phelps-Roper is a close second.

Fred Phelps.

1.) Ted "I went to a gay prostitute to have my prostate massaged" Haggard. On onehand I pity him for being a closeted gay man; however, my sympathies end there. He used his power and influence to help subordinate the GLBT community. He's probably in ex-gay conversion therapy as I type this, but he'll be back to his gay ways...

2.) The Phelps Family...

3.) Pat Robertson...

4.) George Dubya Bush - This is the fundie arsehole of the decade...

5.) Mandisa Hundley - American Idol hasbeen that got voted off for spewing anti-gay propaganda and supporting Concerned women for America...I stopped voting for her(as did every gay man in America) and she got canned the next episode. YEAH!

6.) All of the pastors on Daystar and The Trinity Broadcast Network.

Just absolutely Ted Haggard. His condemnation of gays while pounding that gay masseust's ass in a meth-fueled frenzy is only a part of his hypocrisy.

Ken Ham gets a nomination as well...he alluded to the fact that Steve Irwin was probably in hell because he believed in evolution and not creationism.

This IS a tough call. I mean, you've got The PeaceKeeper Himself, Pat Robertson, who called for the assasination of the duly elected president of Venezuela. :49:

Then there's that Clarion of Sexual Purity and Winner of the Colorado Family Man Award: Ted "The Meth-Stud" Haggard. Tsk, tsk, tsk. Such a naughty boy in the End (hahaha).

But let's not forget all of those Little People - we know them. They're in our families, our workplaces (gag). Our schools. Those annoying, hypocritical, sex-hating and sex-obsessed, self-righteous True BelieversTM that ALL of us apostates know and must ENDURE daily just to get by.

I give the award to them: The Christian "Meek" and "Humble" who feel it necessary to shove their Death Cult in our faces, down our throats and into our politics, embarrassing us before the entire world. 'Cause if it were not for the masses of on-purpose ignorant folks out there, the Grand Marshalls of the Christian World wouldn't have a pot to piss in.

We have to choose just one?!?? There's so damned many to choose from!

Just absolutely Ted Haggard. His condemnation of gays while pounding that gay masseust's ass in a meth-fueled frenzy is only a part of his hypocrisy.

Actually no, according to an interview with the professional involved Ted is a BoB (Big ol Bottom). :wicked:

Hmm. I could start with Pat Robertson. Just seeing that bastard's grinning face asking for more dough makes me want to punch something.

Joyce Meyers is another. Try living near this woman, okay?

I would say Ann Coulter but that's just what she wants to hear.

As for non-Christian fundies, I would have to go with Warren Steed Jeffs (okay, a Mormon, but still doesn't ascribe to traditional Christian beliefs). He's one of those people that lived out in a cave in Utah country marrying 13-year-old girls and degrading women until he was arrested recently. Thank God. Other candidates would be Richard Dawkins (fucking hypocrite), and the various Islamist assholes polluting the world today.

Other candidates would be Richard Dawkins (fucking hypocrite),

Eh?

Hypocrite?

What did I miss?

I still can't put my finger on why, but JAMES FUCKING DOBSON bugs me more than Ted Haggard, Pat Robertson, and Jerry Falwell combined. I guess maybe it's because he is not officially a preacher so there is no conflict of interest when he makes gazillions off his books and shit, yet he certainly plays the part of a preacher. He takes great delight in preaching intorrerance through religion. Another thing that just bugs the shit out of me about him is the fact that good pals like Sean Hannity always address him as Dr. Dobson and he'll never say call me Jim please. He loves that title. That dude has to have something to hide, I can just sense it.

Eh?

Hypocrite?

What did I miss?

He advocates total intolerance of any view which is not in complete agreement with his own - from religious belief to simply weak atheism. He also touts that no genuine good action could ever be influenced by a belief in anything other than his own opinion - his statement that Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.'s peaceful fight for civil rights could in no possibly way, shape, or form be influenced by his faith in God is particularly inappropriate.

He believes that his role on this planet is to evangelize everyone into a strong, intolerant atheism which has no room or place for any questioning of that atheism whatsoever - that is, even the consideration of other options. He automatically paints every belief out of agreement with his own as "evil". He presents his particularly strict brand of atheism as the sole savior of humanity, and anybody who believes or feels otherwise is irretrivably "lost".

So he's Pat Robertson in another skin.

Also he takes the incredibly simplistic view that basically all religions are alike, and any and all Gods/spirituality that a person could believe in are alike, and can therefore all be disproven by the same tired methods and arguments.

I think I agree on James Dobson being the Fundie Arsehole of the Year. Anyone who believes in beating any defenseless being (animal or child) should rot in a jail cell somewhere in the middle of Siberia.

Eh?

Hypocrite?

What did I miss?

He advocates total intolerance of any view which is not in complete agreement with his own -

<SNIP>

Ah. I understand now.

I just started reading his new book, so now I know what I get to look forward to.

BUT from another POV....(I had a thought).....

Compared to the number of vehement Christian Fundies, and Muslim Fundies......how many well known atheist fundies are there really?

It seems a few loudmouths are intrisic to a particular cultural group coming into it's own in our society. Not one group seems to be respected until they force themselves into the public eye, and demand to be respected. Sure it sucks, and it's probably not the best way for a group to get acceptance within a culture, but it seems to be the way things work. :shrug:

By having loudmouths like Robertson and Dawkins around, more tolerant proponents of the groups they represent in the extreme get recognized too.

Martin Luther King did not inspire change by sitting quietly at home just writing letters to the editor. He had to get out there, and doubtless, there are those who would have seen him as a boat-rocking loudmouth too at one time.

That doesn't mean of course, that Dawkin's is "right"....just that people like him are necessary for social change.

And anyway....in terms of being an asshole, he pales in comparison the George W. Bush, who so got off on the idea of a kickass sequel to the Persian Gulf War, he....well.....you all know the rest.