Goodbye Jesus

Ufo's And Religion

currentchristian

I have two friends, an uncle, and my partner who kinddasorttainaway think that maybe, just maybe, life was placed on this planet by alien (to us) life forms and that the various gods of human history were possibly aliens visiting from time to time, Jesus was a literal being who was an alien, the miracles of the Bible were alien-produced. And so on.

Here are some websites about this concept:

bibleufo.com

hiddenmeanings.com

UFO's in Earth's History

What do others here think about this theory?

-CC

Well, to them I have them same response I have to theologists: "Show me some aliens."

While I do believe that aliens can exist it is a long, long (long) way to just the next star (~4 light years). They'd have to be pretty advanced just to get here and then they'd want to get here (and we're kind of boring). Then they'd have to want to dick around with us and on and on.

Then again, those energy blobs things on the original Star Trek liked to do similar things. :shrug::HaHa:

mwc

-CC

Pretty much the same thing I think about all supernatural phenomena........bunk!

-CC

Pretty much the same thing I think about all supernatural phenomena........bunk!

But aliens are not "supernatural," just another natural life form created by chance on another planet. Could it be that there are other life forms? Could it be that these have visited this hum-drum little planet?

While I assume there is life on other planets (put there by God as another experiment or put there by the same accident that put us here), I'm agnostic on aliens having visited Earth, but I am compelled to admit that it is at the very least a possibility.

-CC

-CC

But aliens are not "supernatural," just another natural life form created by chance on another planet.

I didn't say they were, although I may have unintentionally implied that.... :shrug:

Could it be that there are other life forms? Could it be that these have visited this hum-drum little planet?

Theoretically, yes, although the odds are astronomical (sorry, can't resist a good pun!)

I'm agnostic on aliens having visited Earth, but I am compelled to admit that it is at the very least a possibility.

-CC

Why are you compelled? There is no evidence of it. You haven't been watching Gene Scott reruns, have you? :HaHa:

You haven't been watching Gene Scott reruns, have you? :HaHa:

Ah, the cigar-smoking three-times-married shockjock of televangelism, Dr. Gene Scott ™ (yes, his name is trademarked!), yes? He was something else!

-CC

Pure conjecture, junk science at it's finest, and just plain silly.

But aliens are not "supernatural," just another natural life form created by chance on another planet.

It's the same as the god question, you're just pushing the big question back one step in order to avoid the inevitable "where did he/they come from?"

I have no problem with the idea that life could exist somewhere seperate from earth; it's probably a given. To think otherwise would demand a great deal of faith in the idea that life is so uncommon that it only developed here of all the nearly infinate places it might develop in this vast universe. Just traveling to the nearest star outside this solar system is as far as we know a physical impossiblity in the frame of one lifetime though. Moreover, we have the same evidence for an alien visitation as we have that a god exists; none. It's cases like these where Occam's razor is the tool to use.

I prefer the idea of extra terrestrial college students doing a big DNA experiments on our planet and making us. That way I have no moral obligations to them and I can go chasing off after my wanton carnal lusts, stealing, hacking, pillaging, and burning with full abandon! "Do BAD things!!," will be my modus operandi. :woohoo: (of course those who believe in God do that now, so I suppose it's not that much of a contributing factor)

Actually, I do believe all animal life on this planet actually did come here from the extra-terrestrial soup. The Creator probably came on the back of a hunk of extra-terrestrial matter in the form of a virus that impregnated Eukaryotes and caused them to mutate into animal cells: http://www.discover.com/issues/mar-06/cover/ and similar: http://carlzimmer.com/articles/2006/articl...6_forterre.html .

Yes, our Creator was a virus! Praise It, one and all :notworthy: Fear not the blessed virus.

Well, to them I have them same response I have to theologists: "Show me some aliens."

Ditto. Give me some real proof, not neat-sounding stories, and then we'll talk.

Show me the money.

I suppose aliens as "creators" of life on Earth is a possibility, yes, though I haven't seen any convincing evidence for it. It's kind of like mwc said: "Show me some aliens." Show me some evidence that's more compelling than the evidence for, say, any theories of abiogenesis.

Even if it did turn out that aliens had seeded life on earth, that wouldn't make them deities, just aliens. Religions would be obviously wrong about the objects of their worship, and then they'd look a damn fool, now wouldn't they?

I mean, if all this time people thought they were following and worshipping a deity, and then found out that their "deity" was actually some, say, hyperintelligent shade of blue from an obscure nebula in the Taurid supercluster, I can imagine that might be a bit unsettling, to say the least.

Then we'd all get into big arguments about "well where did the aliens come from, then??" and it would just be a variation on the First Cause argument.

Except for hardcore fundies of all stripes, who would probably just say that the hyperintelligent shade of blue was all a hoax, or a deception of Satan, and ignore reality as they already do anyway.

Except for hardcore fundies of all stripes, who would probably just say that the hyperintelligent shade of blue was all a hoax, or a deception of Satan, and ignore reality as they already do anyway.

Some already prophecy that aliens and UFO's are demonic in origin, preparing the world for the revelation of an alien invasion, announcing the truth behind religion and establishing a one-world religion with anti-Christ in charge:

http://www.satansrapture.com/gen64.htm

http://www.mt.net/~watcher/hate.html

http://www.logoschristian.org/ufo.html

Just passing on links. Don't kill the messenger! :eek:

-CC

I belive there is life on other planets. The universe is too large to suppose that there isnt. Whether those life forms have the capability to visit us is another matter. Having said that, I think advanced alien life is more belivable than your typical god or godess. Still, "show me".

I prefer the idea of extra terrestrial college students doing a big DNA experiments on our planet and making us. That way I have no moral obligations to them and I can go chasing off after my wanton carnal lusts, stealing, hacking, pillaging, and burning with full abandon! "Do BAD things!!," will be my modus operandi. :woohoo: (of course those who believe in God do that now, so I suppose it's not that much of a contributing factor)

Actually, I do believe all animal life on this planet actually did come here from the extra-terrestrial soup. The Creator probably came on the back of a hunk of extra-terrestrial matter in the form of a virus that impregnated Eukaryotes and caused them to mutate into animal cells: http://www.discover.com/issues/mar-06/cover/ and similar: http://carlzimmer.com/articles/2006/articl...6_forterre.html .

Yes, our Creator was a virus! Praise It, one and all :notworthy: Fear not the blessed virus.

Antlerman, would the last sentence (the parenthetical one) in the first paragraph above more accurately reflect reality if you replaced "those" with "some"? :HaHa:

I do think this is an experimental planet, a laboratory of sorts.

Interesting articles you linked to. But I shall not bow to a virus, just so you know. :unsure:

-CC

I am of the opinion that life emerged indigenously on our planet. It seems to me the only useful assumption to make. It stops the infinite regress that others have mentioned.

I also think that it's highly probable that advanced organisms exist elsewhere in our galaxy. Though it's still only speculation. It seems absurd to me in the light of what we now know to suppose that we are alone.

I have personally yet to see the evidence that a claim such as alien visitation would require to be substantiated. I imagine that nothing less than seeing aliens strolling around down here would suffice.

We'll make great pets.

We'll make great pets.

Remember that terrific 1962 episode of The Twilight Zone called "To Serve Man"?

Here's a link: To Serve Man.

-CC

We'll make great pets.

And we can't forget "V," which mesmerized me in 1983-85.

Here....

-CC

I remember "V". I don't recall seeing that Twighlight Zone episode however. I would hope that an advanced civilization would not require us as either servants or food.

Can you imagine actually seeing an intelligent being from another world? There is no telling what they might look like. I think that I would probably shut down from the fear. I mean, I'd like to think that I am open minded enough to handle it. But I doubt that I actually am.

I would agree in the possibility of alien life starting life on Earth. However, it's more of the way of bacteria embedded in a meteorite, that got the evolutionary ball rolling.

Don't forget www.stargods.org . These people are just nucking futs here! I mean they even claim that several celebrities and politicians are aliens in disguise. I had to laugh about thier article comparing famous people to alien and demon drawings and saying "it's something in the eyes."which indicates that these people are either alien or alien hybrids. Ironically Michael Jackson is on thier list of these so called " alien hybrids". :lol:

Don't forget www.stargods.org . These people are just nucking futs here! I mean they even claim that several celebrities and politicians are aliens in disguise. I had to laugh about thier article comparing famous people to alien and demon drawings and saying "it's something in the eyes."which indicates that these people are either alien or alien hybrids. Ironically Michael Jackson is on thier list of these so called " alien hybrids". :lol:

Okay...never heard of Paranormal Christian Gnosticism before!! What a website! :twitch:

Never heard of "nucking futs," either. Very funny one. :wicked:

-CC

...Michael Jackson is on thier list of these so called " alien hybrids". :lol:
He was probably exiled to this planet. They didn't want him either.

I have two friends, an uncle, and my partner who kinddasorttainaway think that maybe, just maybe, life was placed on this planet by alien (to us) life forms and that the various gods of human history were possibly aliens visiting from time to time, Jesus was a literal being who was an alien, the miracles of the Bible were alien-produced. And so on.

That's possible of course (not too likely, but possible). The question is: Why would an alien civilization bother to mess with us primitives?

For the same reason other "civilized" people have messed with the primitives. To steal thier land, to spread the word of thier most high prophet Xerbrquet, or to make Intergalactic Geographic magazines and movies.

For the same reason other "civilized" people have messed with the primitives. To steal thier land, to spread the word of thier most high prophet Xerbrquet, or to make Intergalactic Geographic magazines and movies.

:lol:

A few more links to aliens as gods/creators of earth:

http://www.rael.org/

http://www.urantia.org/

I really enjoy reading "odd and interesting" stuff like this.

-CC