Goodbye Jesus

Why Does Christ Need Warriors?

Open_Minded

This has been interesting reading so far. I used to just accept the christian warrior thing as normal since I was raised fundy Baptist, but now that I'm getting away from belief in alot of the scary stuff I don't really see it as a good thing. My kids are in a church school and their school nickname is (name of school)Christian warriors or something similar. They even did a presentation last year marching and singing cadence to a song about beating the devil and so on. It disturbed me to see them dressed as "soldiers" and doing that at their young ages. I don't want to encourage militance in any area, personally. Other folks seemed to just eat it up and love it. Our pastor is a war veteran, so I suppose he can identify with that.

I never really considered the idea that God shouldn't need people to do his work but, after all, in the OT, Israel and other nations are depicted as doing God's bidding in going to war and killing lots of people.

Did anyone watch Numbers on CBS last Friday? It was loosely based on Warren Jeffs, who was arrested last year for marrying underage girls, and he was the leader of a fundamentalist Mormon group. It showed how far people will go in the name of religion or God.

Sparkyone