Goodbye Jesus

how many christians are here?

been borg again

you know when I Google "exchristian" this is #1 on page #1.

I am amazed that so few christians are here... out of how many english speaking billions of christians?

Wow, I mean the christians here must have real courage to come here. at the very least, not your typical christian.

I guess we deconverts are the lucky ones, it seems to be a rare thing to deconvert. From my own church I only know of 2 people out of 200ish who deconverted in the past 10-15 years. I suppose that would translate to %1 of the christian population.

Spending the past 5 years on various forums, I always seem to run across the same people christian and non christian.... how fasicnating that so few people engage in apologetics? I wonder why this is? SO many billions of people in the world who are christian yet so few interested in apologetics.

We must be a very rare breed of people, both christian and non christian who find these topics interesting.

ps. the same applies to the Evolution Creationism debates, no matter what forums I go to i always run across someone I have met before.

Wow, I mean the christians here must have real courage to come here. at the very least, not your typical christian.

It's been a life-long pattern of mine to seek out adventure and put myself in the center of something that gets my adrenaline going.

:Look:

It's been a life-long pattern of mine to seek out adventure and put myself in the center of something that gets my adrenaline going.

:Look:

Like enduring days of grilling from us heathens?

It's nice to be here, it's a small world.

Hey TAP, I didnt get involved in your grilling. I'm really glad your here too!!

It's nice to be here, it's a small world.

Hey TAP, I didnt get involved in your grilling. I'm really glad your here too!!

Thank you. I noticed you were silent but I was ready for you!!

:argue:

:)

Tap, I didn't grill you either, but then I already have.

Aahh, yes. And taught me a thing or two, as well. :)

I didnt get involved in your grilling.

:eek: I missed the barbecue. Let's be honest here. Drill is more accurate. Kid gloves drilling.

Drill:

1. Disciplined, repetitious exercise as a means of teaching and perfecting a skill or procedure.

2. A task or exercise for teaching a skill or procedure by repetition.

Without training, how will Christians ever be ready for the real persecution Jesus promised?

John 16, Jesus speaking to his disciples:

1 These things have I spoken unto you, that ye should not be offended.

2 They shall put you out of the synagogues: yea, the time cometh, that whosoever killeth you will think that he doeth God service.

3 And these things will they do unto you, because they have not known the Father, nor me.

4 But these things have I told you, that when the time shall come, ye may remember that I told you of them. And these things I said not unto you at the beginning, because I was with you.

I honestly didn’t feel grilled, Reach. Pressured just a bit, but it’s good for me.

However, my mind is working overtime right now because I am going to start my own thread in debate very soon.

I’m calling it “My Turn”. ;)

Tap

I honestly didn’t feel grilled, Reach. Pressured just a bit, but it’s good for me.

However, my mind is working overtime right now because I am going to start my own thread in debate very soon.

I’m calling it “My Turn”.  ;)

Tap

Good. I believe that's how it should be. I have found that pressure is good for me and reveals to me what I'm truly made of, exposing my strengths and weaknesses. I like to work on my weaknesses and guard my strengths, because I have fallen in the areas of my greatest strength by leaving those places unguarded. While I can't sustain this indefinitely, I think I'm at my best under pressure.

you know when I Google "exchristian" this is #1 on page #1.

I am amazed that so few christians are here... out of how many english speaking billions of christians?

Some people are more inquisitive than others; you have to want to search for answers. And some (like me, and you guys), want to talk, discuss, think, argue about the things we ponder.

I’m probably in the wrong thread though, because I’m not a Christian, and you wanted to know how many Christians actually are on this site. Am I correct?

In a way I wish more Christians would come to this site and discuss, but I feel we are a bit aggressive when they get here, so we scare them off. Some of them actually could be de-converted with some good discussion, if they would come to debate, not just trying to convert.

Tap

Nice! I'm looking forward to it. :grin:

Topic question: How many christians are here?

It looks like, at any given time, there are about a handful or less who are posting but we have no way of knowing how many Christians are visiting and reading.

Given the high attrition rate of western clergy... :shrug:

I'm here....just not as often as I'd like because of college and work.

Hey TAP,

I'm pretty harmless really. Troy is the only person I've ever taken exception to.

Just frustrated with the ways of the world, which is what brought me to Ex-C.

Looking forward to "My Turn"

Hi Philosopher Dave...excellent choice of name.

Tap

:grin:

and also I couldn't find a big enough piece of cheese to melt over you...so I just gave up. :twitch:

I didn't grill you cause I don't eat people. :grin:

After reading your lucid dream I'm pretty sure you do.......

:woohoo:

Hey, I'm one. This is my first post. Look forward to saying more later. Thanks. BtR.

BtR, Welcome to the site. Hopefully we'll have many postings from you.

BtR, Welcome to the site. Hopefully we'll have many postings from you.

Thank you, Han. I've been lurking for a little while and it did not take me long to see you have many insightful things to say. BtR

Thank you, Han. I've been lurking for a little while and it did not take me long to see you have many insightful things to say. BtR

That's very kind of you; maybe way too kind... you're trying to make me feel secure before you come with the big hammer? :grin: Just kidding!

Nice to have you here, Burry!

That's very kind of you; maybe way too kind... you're trying to make me feel secure before you come with the big hammer?  :grin: Just kidding!

It really was meant to be sincere. Although I admit I look forward to getting involved in some debates, it is painfully clear that here there are many Ex-C’s who have a much better grasp of my holy book that I do. My guess: It will be me who gets smushed. We'll see...

Nice to have you here, Burry!

Thank you very much.

I've been lurking for a little while and it did not take me long to see you have many insightful things to say. BtR

It's amazing how many Christians are lurking around here!

Welcome to the site, BtR. May I ask two questions, why you were lurking and what you were looking for? I'm curious to know why we attract so many Christians here.

-Reach

It really was meant to be sincere. Although I admit I look forward to getting involved in some debates, it is painfully clear that here there are many Ex-C’s who have a much better grasp of my holy book that I do. My guess: It will be me who gets smushed. We'll see...

Thank you very much.

The reason why many Ex-C's have good insight to the Bible, is just because we are Ex-C's and not just born and breed atheists. We originated in you camp, and walked out.

Oh, we like smushing, smushing is what we do best! :)

And I didn’t say smooching, ok! :kiss:

:lmao:

It's amazing how many Christians are lurking around here!

Welcome to the site, BtR.

Thank you, Reach.

May I ask two questions, why you were lurking and what you were looking for? I'm curious to know why we attract so many Christians here.

-Reach

Because of my wife’s educational requirements, we have been required to move around a bit, having lived five places in five years. She’s fully edjumiacted at this point and we hope our semi-nomadic lifestyle has ended, (at least long enough for us to sort through all those boxes in our basement). A very strange thing happened along the way, we’d roll into a city, find an apartment and employment and proceed to try and make friends. Some of our friends came from our churches, and they are great people blah, blah, blah. But some of our friends weren’t Christians. We made friends with several Buddhists, one of whom sings in his Christian church’s choir (explain that), an Atheist NT Scholar, several lesbians, a Rastafari dude, a Polyamorist, a Mystic. These are not casual acquaintances, but close friends we spent much time with. Friends we will look up when we return to their areas of the country. The vast majority of these people has some exposure to Christianity, and in some cases, were “very involved” but have since chosen another path. Another friend, and I’m not certain of her religious history, if there was ever any interest in the God of the Bible, it all went out the window when her two-year-old died slowly from a degenerative genetic disease. So we have all these friends who share interests and understanding on many levels, but at some point it was as if we are speaking another language. They don’t understand me, and I don’t understand them. This forum seemed like an excellent place for me to learn why someone would want to walk away.

Thanks for asking,

BtR